Bose Soundbar 700

Bose Soundbar 700 (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 795347-5110 and 795347-5210

• Voice / Dialogue
  • Bass
  • Music

Phil
PhilSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible service and support with Bose.

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,199.00.

Syamkrishnan Vijayan
Syamkrishnan VijayanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome sound bar

We bought soundbar from Amazon during black Friday sale. Very good sound quality and bass.
Easy to pair with Phone, TV and apple tv using HDMI arc. Its a real worthy though the price bit high.

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $790.00.

jas
jasVictoria

Expensive but no one can beat the quality

This product give you rich feeling of home theater in very sleek and compact design. I researched for many home theaters and complexities of its installation but this product i found amazing.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $2,100.00.

Soundbars

Find out how Bose Soundbar 700 compares to other Soundbars

Dee
DeeSydney, NSW

Love it!

The best purchase made to date! Installation very easy, the whole family loves it! Sleek, and the sound it produces is spectacular. We even purchased the subwoofer and look ceiling speakers

Purchased in December 2019 at Bose for $1,200.00.

Bruce M
Bruce MAU

Clear for speech, mellow deep bass for music

The sound Bar 700 part of a group of 2 x home 500 speakers and a Bose Portable - incredible bass and depth of sound from all speakers and immersive sound as all are grouped.

Purchased in February 2019 at Apollo Hi Fi.

Music

Theo
TheoPerth

700 is the ultimate choice

Bought this superb bar to match my samsung tv in my theatre and I was thrilled the very first time I used it. The alexa built in works so great as well! Been planning on matching with the bass and bose speakers soon! highly recommended

Purchased in June 2019 at Qantas Store for $900.00.

Geoff
GeoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely Excellent

I bought the top curved Samsung soundbar to match my 65” HD TV. TV great, soundbar terrible. Upgraded to the Bose 700 with Sub 700 & the sound is excellent. Easily configured to the room with the provided headset which adds definition wherever you sit in the room. Great definition & solid bass. Very happy :-)

Purchased in January 2019 at Video Pro for $3,100.00.

Sara L.
Sara L.South East Queensland, QLD

SHATTERED AND DISAPPOINTED

Purchased in June 2019 at Bose.

Other Soundbars

trying to connect to this speaker is rocket science

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,200.00.

Soundbars

Find out how Bose Soundbar 700 compares to other Soundbars

Susanne
SusanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not surround sound

Changed from surround sound to the new Bose soundbar 700. Had to buy back speakers, husband could not hear properly. Still not as good as our old surround sound. Pity we thought new would be better

Purchased in July 2019.

Music

Weak Base, Terrible App & Remote

I bought the Bose 700 with the base module. Honestly the experience was very underwhelming. The base was very subtle & didn’t pack the punch I was expecting. I found the Bose app & remote to be average & clunky to use. I’ve switched on Sonos.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for $1,800.00.

Derek F.
Derek F.Sydney, NSW

I love it!

Purchased in March 2019 at Bose Store, Parramatta, Sydney for $1,870.00.

Russell M
Russell MSydney, NSW

Good Sound - But not a Smart Home Product

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Bobby Boardshorts
Bobby BoardshortsMelbourne

Pricey but worth it!

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $950.00.

Darylasked

Bought one a month ago Aug 2020. Sounds are great, build is great, I find the software relatively easy to setup and use (I am a software tester by trade). For those having connectivity issues I did notice after a power outage it tried to jump on to my 2.5Gz wifi when it was originally connected to my 5Ghz wifi. Easy solution, just set up both. Have had 0 issues with connectivity since. For those struggling with the software my opinion is if you want such a connected device given the nature of google/alexa assistants/wifi/casting/blue tooth etc. bose has done a great job at keeping the software as simple as they can (I actually prefer more layers to access). I'd suggest if the software config is too much then go for a less connected device as this is the nature of the beast these days. Although one recommendation around the wifi settings is to enable users to favorite/drop connections.

Ankur
Ankur

Hey Daryl, did u buy the woofer and the sound bar or just the bar. The reason for me to get an incomplete experience could be the missing woofer.
There is no depth in the sound and just comes out loud enough but no substance.
Not sure what m doing wrong. Connectivity was easy, looks like a million bucks... sound...yeah no! Woofers about 1k - gotta save a bit. Keep well.

Daryl

Had an existing acoustimas 300 sub which I've paired with the 700 (my sound touch 300 bar stopped working - blown capacitor, bass also blew capacitors but bose fixed for free). Does give a huge uplift to the bass sound, in fact in the music app I have had to turn the bass down to around 40. Did you run the adpatiq calibration? I had the chance to listen with and without the base module and yes it does make a big difference. Even so the sound just from the bar is a big upgrade compared to just to my LG tv speakers.

Neil C
Neil Casked

is the Bose 700 soundbar fully compatible with Foxtel iQ4 and its 4K channels?

Curious7
Curious7asked

I've purchased a Bose Soundbar 700, but not the Bass module 700. Although the sound from 700 is better than the TV sound, it's disappointing compared to my old surround sound system. Even the normal speech sounds a bit 'tinny'. Would the addition of the bass module also improve the speech or only fpr the sub woofer range of sounds.

Hi Curious
Yep the SB 700 generally would not compete with a high end 5.1 surround system which is what I had. It is however in my opinion the best soundbar on the market which does offer rear surround speakers and a base module as optional extras. I have the full system and really I haven't looked back or given it a second thought since I set it up. Really its been a breath of fresh air. The sound is extremely good for a soundbar and the surround speakers and base module are definitely worth it if you want a good cinema experience. The sound is undeniably Bose. If its a no fuss, small footprint, almost no wires, with a great remote and easy to use system you want its great. If you want a high end reference quality surround sound system go get what I had. You can enjoy looking at that huge box with a million wires hanging out of it running all over the room. They generally have complex setups and rarely suit the acoustics of your room. By the time you've got it working properly something better just came out. Also that will cost at least twice as much as the Bose!

One thing I will say is work the adjustments in the APP to get the best sound out the Bose and just sit back and enjoy.

Vish
Vish

Hi Daryl, I also have a 7.1 Yamaha setup and thinking about Bose full setup (with rear speakers) or Sonos hwoever I'm worried that the bose (or Sonos) setup will not be as good in our open plan family room. It measures 5x8 meters and then the kitchen on one side. How big is the room you are using it in?
Cheers Vish.