Bose Soundbar 700

• Bass
  • Music
Abilotti
AbilottiSydney

It’s ok - Customer Service BAD!

I had the older Bose sound bar and base. I bough the 700 surround with base and rear surround speakers and was disappointed. It’s ok but not worth $2100! It’s just not right. Plus the Adaptiq unit you use to calibrate never worked. Bose replaced it but no good. Impossible to calibrate… if you can’t calibrate the surround speakers are hopeless and you can’t hear much on them.

Bose service is terrible! They say they’ll replace bla bla and when you wait, the service department has no record. Just hopeless! Totally hopeless! Now I’m taking it Back… they denied they said they’d replace the whole unit. JB HiFi has been fantastic luckily.

DON’T BUY!

Purchased in May 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $2,100.00.

Richard
RichardSydney, NSW

Ready to chuck it in the bin.

I’ve owned this overpriced sound bar 700 for 2 years. Re set. Re configured. Re read instructions. It sounds awesome. When it works. Unfortunately very unreliable.
Couldn’t recommend it. And after owning many previous Bose speakers and lifestyle systems.. this puts me off buying anything new from Bose.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $999.00.

Other Soundbars

TheOneAndDroney
TheOneAndDroney

Absolutely rubbish. Talks the talk, doesn’t walk the walk.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $2,150.00.

Soundbars

Find out how Bose Soundbar 700 compares to other Soundbars

Scott M
Scott MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

BOSE Soundbar 700

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,200.00.

Phil
PhilSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible service and support with Bose.

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,199.00.

Bass

trying to connect to this speaker is rocket science

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,200.00.

Darylasked

Bought one a month ago Aug 2020. Sounds are great, build is great, I find the software relatively easy to setup and use (I am a software tester by trade). For those having connectivity issues I did notice after a power outage it tried to jump on to my 2.5Gz wifi when it was originally connected to my 5Ghz wifi. Easy solution, just set up both. Have had 0 issues with connectivity since. For those struggling with the software my opinion is if you want such a connected device given the nature of google/alexa assistants/wifi/casting/blue tooth etc. bose has done a great job at keeping the software as simple as they can (I actually prefer more layers to access). I'd suggest if the software config is too much then go for a less connected device as this is the nature of the beast these days. Although one recommendation around the wifi settings is to enable users to favorite/drop connections.

Ankur
Ankur

Hey Daryl, did u buy the woofer and the sound bar or just the bar. The reason for me to get an incomplete experience could be the missing woofer.
There is no depth in the sound and just comes out loud enough but no substance.
Not sure what m doing wrong. Connectivity was easy, looks like a million bucks... sound...yeah no! Woofers about 1k - gotta save a bit. Keep well.

Daryl

Had an existing acoustimas 300 sub which I've paired with the 700 (my sound touch 300 bar stopped working - blown capacitor, bass also blew capacitors but bose fixed for free). Does give a huge uplift to the bass sound, in fact in the music app I have had to turn the bass down to around 40. Did you run the adpatiq calibration? I had the chance to listen with and without the base module and yes it does make a big difference. Even so the sound just from the bar is a big upgrade compared to just to my LG tv speakers.

Neil C
Neil Casked

is the Bose 700 soundbar fully compatible with Foxtel iQ4 and its 4K channels?

Curious7
Curious7asked

I've purchased a Bose Soundbar 700, but not the Bass module 700. Although the sound from 700 is better than the TV sound, it's disappointing compared to my old surround sound system. Even the normal speech sounds a bit 'tinny'. Would the addition of the bass module also improve the speech or only fpr the sub woofer range of sounds.

Hi Curious
Yep the SB 700 generally would not compete with a high end 5.1 surround system which is what I had. It is however in my opinion the best soundbar on the market which does offer rear surround speakers and a base module as optional extras. I have the full system and really I haven't looked back or given it a second thought since I set it up. Really its been a breath of fresh air. The sound is extremely good for a soundbar and the surround speakers and base module are definitely worth it if you want a good cinema experience. The sound is undeniably Bose. If its a no fuss, small footprint, almost no wires, with a great remote and easy to use system you want its great. If you want a high end reference quality surround sound system go get what I had. You can enjoy looking at that huge box with a million wires hanging out of it running all over the room. They generally have complex setups and rarely suit the acoustics of your room. By the time you've got it working properly something better just came out. Also that will cost at least twice as much as the Bose!

One thing I will say is work the adjustments in the APP to get the best sound out the Bose and just sit back and enjoy.

Vish
Vish

Hi Daryl, I also have a 7.1 Yamaha setup and thinking about Bose full setup (with rear speakers) or Sonos hwoever I'm worried that the bose (or Sonos) setup will not be as good in our open plan family room. It measures 5x8 meters and then the kitchen on one side. How big is the room you are using it in?
Cheers Vish.