Bose Soundbar 700

• Music
Holly
HollyNew South Wales

Nothing but trouble

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $1,100.00.

Bose Is Bad!

Purchased in February 2021 for $1,690.00.

Other Soundbars

Karl
KarlSydney, NSW

Sounds good when it works.

Remote has a mind of its own.
Constant issues connecting / reconnecting / pairing. It’s real pain in the butt. The rest of the family hate using the remote and I persist with it because I spent the money. But seriously I just want to be able A) play music and not have spend 10 minutes trying to connect or B) pick up remote and turn tv on or off with having to Try ten times. So over it. Shouldn’t have all these issue last for a device that was soo expensive. Don’t buy one, it will do your head in.

Purchased in June 2018 at Addicted to Audio Physical store.

Soundbars

Find out how Bose Soundbar 700 compares to other Soundbars

good hardware, worst software

very good sound,
but the software is the worst ever, kept updating, no way to change it, too hard to use,
but sound is really good, i dont recommend of buying it

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $750.00.

Bass

Will not be purchasing another bose product

Have had nothing but problems since I purchased the soundbar, when it works its the best, but occasionally it does not connect then you have problems. Taken it back to the shop, they had it for a month, worked for a couple of weeks then stopped. Managed to get it going again. But it has gone again and nothing seems to fix it.
Only had this 17 months
Liam

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,300.00.

Steven B.
Steven B.

Good sound. Hopeless software.

The sound from this system is very good for the price. It is also a smart, attractive and discrete unit.
It is a real challenge to set up with the app though. I took over 2 hours and I am very IT literate. I still have to face calling Bose for help as I can’t get the remote to work with my TV.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $995.00.

Sara L.
Sara L.South East Queensland, QLD

SHATTERED AND DISAPPOINTED

Purchased in June 2019 at Bose.

Susanne
SusanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not surround sound

Changed from surround sound to the new Bose soundbar 700. Had to buy back speakers, husband could not hear properly. Still not as good as our old surround sound. Pity we thought new would be better

Purchased in July 2019.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Soundbars

Find out how Bose Soundbar 700 compares to other Soundbars

Darylasked

Bought one a month ago Aug 2020. Sounds are great, build is great, I find the software relatively easy to setup and use (I am a software tester by trade). For those having connectivity issues I did notice after a power outage it tried to jump on to my 2.5Gz wifi when it was originally connected to my 5Ghz wifi. Easy solution, just set up both. Have had 0 issues with connectivity since. For those struggling with the software my opinion is if you want such a connected device given the nature of google/alexa assistants/wifi/casting/blue tooth etc. bose has done a great job at keeping the software as simple as they can (I actually prefer more layers to access). I'd suggest if the software config is too much then go for a less connected device as this is the nature of the beast these days. Although one recommendation around the wifi settings is to enable users to favorite/drop connections.

Ankur

Hey Daryl, did u buy the woofer and the sound bar or just the bar. The reason for me to get an incomplete experience could be the missing woofer.
There is no depth in the sound and just comes out loud enough but no substance.
Not sure what m doing wrong. Connectivity was easy, looks like a million bucks... sound...yeah no! Woofers about 1k - gotta save a bit. Keep well.

Daryl

Had an existing acoustimas 300 sub which I've paired with the 700 (my sound touch 300 bar stopped working - blown capacitor, bass also blew capacitors but bose fixed for free). Does give a huge uplift to the bass sound, in fact in the music app I have had to turn the bass down to around 40. Did you run the adpatiq calibration? I had the chance to listen with and without the base module and yes it does make a big difference. Even so the sound just from the bar is a big upgrade compared to just to my LG tv speakers.

Neil C
Neil Casked

is the Bose 700 soundbar fully compatible with Foxtel iQ4 and its 4K channels?

Curious7
Curious7asked

I've purchased a Bose Soundbar 700, but not the Bass module 700. Although the sound from 700 is better than the TV sound, it's disappointing compared to my old surround sound system. Even the normal speech sounds a bit 'tinny'. Would the addition of the bass module also improve the speech or only fpr the sub woofer range of sounds.

Hi Curious
Yep the SB 700 generally would not compete with a high end 5.1 surround system which is what I had. It is however in my opinion the best soundbar on the market which does offer rear surround speakers and a base module as optional extras. I have the full system and really I haven't looked back or given it a second thought since I set it up. Really its been a breath of fresh air. The sound is extremely good for a soundbar and the surround speakers and base module are definitely worth it if you want a good cinema experience. The sound is undeniably Bose. If its a no fuss, small footprint, almost no wires, with a great remote and easy to use system you want its great. If you want a high end reference quality surround sound system go get what I had. You can enjoy looking at that huge box with a million wires hanging out of it running all over the room. They generally have complex setups and rarely suit the acoustics of your room. By the time you've got it working properly something better just came out. Also that will cost at least twice as much as the Bose!

One thing I will say is work the adjustments in the APP to get the best sound out the Bose and just sit back and enjoy.

Vish
Vish

Hi Daryl, I also have a 7.1 Yamaha setup and thinking about Bose full setup (with rear speakers) or Sonos hwoever I'm worried that the bose (or Sonos) setup will not be as good in our open plan family room. It measures 5x8 meters and then the kitchen on one side. How big is the room you are using it in?
Cheers Vish.