Bose Soundlink Colour

Bose Soundlink Colour

Great Blue tooth speaker

Having tried two other portable speakers, unsuccessfully, I didn't hold out for much success with this one, but was pleasantly surprised. The sound quality is great with a responsive volume control and pause feature on the speaker + good response from phone and iPad. Battery lasts a long time before needing to be charged.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Perfect for me

This little system is perfect for what I wanted it for. I live on a farm and power isn’t accessible everywhere, so this little system does the trick. I use it gardening, in the shed working out and when cleaning the house taking it from room to room as to not wake the baby. It’s also easy to connect to my phone and I love that there is an app for it. It’s water resistant as well.
Sound quality is great for what I want it for. Love the colour choices, I have the blue one. Happy with this purchase

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Solid performer but sound and reliability issues.

This was a pretty decent bluetooth speaker (I think I had the version II). Sound is good general, but (for the price point) a little too bassy for my liking and too muddy sounding for voice and radio. I was a little disappointed for the $$$. Sound was well controlled at higher volumes - was pretty decent for a little speaker.
Battery was good and bluetooth connection was okay, but had some issues in getting it to connect quickly. Could always be corrected with a little turning on/off of the speaker or connecting device.
Eventually the device stopped turning on. BOSE helpline were very helpful (10/10 for them!) and problem was software related. Kept on happening however and I've basically had to pitch the speaker.
All in all, an okay option, but sound and longevity could be an issue.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Do NOT buy this speaker

Considering Bose is renowned for sound quality, I was hugely disappointed in this product. The sound is tinny and lacking in clarity. Similar sound to the cheap speakers that run off my computer. Absolutely no bass at all. Honestly I get better sound coming straight out of my iPhone. Moving on. I took this product back to JB HIFI and traded it for the UE Megaboom, for the same price and the difference was astounding. Twice the volume, ten times the bass, ten times the sound quality!

Seriously the Sonos play 5 or UE Megaboom are both superior products in this category do not waste your money.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

That's what I need

Had flown to a holiday a few weeks ago, but forgot to bring my Jumbo! Well, likely remembered in time, before we took off from Sydney :) The portable speaker "Boss Soundlink Colour" not only compact, good looking, but most of all - provides terrific sound and clarity with all necessary features. Also good value for money.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Fabulous, portable sound. Cute too!

Received this from my BFF for my birthday. Being a sonos girl, I wasn't sure how I'd find it.
It's absolutely sensational. It pairs really well with my iPhone, iPad, or the family devices. The sound quality is lovely, and the long life battery means I can take it all over the place, without stressing over cables. Very impressed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Bose Soundlink Colour Speaker

Want a top quality portable Bluetooth Speaker for the caravan or home. This is the one, renowned for their quality Bose has always produced speakers of exceptional quality and fidelity this one is no exception. Built in Li-ion battery for long playtime it has voice instructions in several languages. Pairs easily to your Bluetooth phones, iPads, notebook, both apple and android. Comes with wall charger, USB cable. And has connection for 3.5mm cable for direct link to devices. Up to 8 hours battery life, 30 meter wireless range. We use it in the house as well as take it in the caravan to use outside from our IPad and also to link our trashy sounding LED TV we went led because of its lighter weight but as most people know or will soon realise the speakers in these small size televisions is tinny and crap. Just plug a 3.5mm male to male cable from the speaker outlet on your Tele to the inlet on your Bose and you have higher quality than you regularly get with most tvs.
Highly recommend this speaker.

This is junk, do not waste your money.

Finally got the chance to send this back to Bose (O/S) and have to say they were good about it, replaced it with a Mini Soundlink 2 which operates as advertised. Still no mic, so not much good for phone calls, but good for audiobooks which is what I use it for mostly. Would I buy one? Probably not, there are more advanced products available at better price points that can be used a remote for your phone.
I bought this to replace a stolen Jambox by Jawbone, thinking it would operate in much the same way and being Bose, may have had better sound. I couldn't have been more wrong. It's nearly impossible to tell whether the thing is on or off. Trying to get it to link to a my iphone is hit or miss, mostly miss and as a consquence I've wasted literally hours trying to get the thing working. In the end I gave up, packed it up and stuck it at the back of my bottom draw. The instructions, both in the box and online are useless (really, look at them before you buy). There's no mic, so handsfree is out. The whole unit has a cheap plastic feel about.
I always thought that Bose was a quality product but since throwing away close to $200 on one of these I've reassessed. For example, I have an NAD HiFi with Rogers speakers at home so went to an audio shop and compared my system with a more expensive Bose. The Bose didn't come close.
What I'm saying is don't be taken for a mug like myself. You can buy better equipment at the same price point. If you are thinking of buying any Bose product, 1. Make sure you operate it in the shop and in the case of the Bluetooth Speaker, connect it to your device. 2. Compare performance to a similar device at a similar pricepoint. It will be easy to find a cheaper product, that performs much better, than Bose I suspect.
Me, should have waited until I could get another Jambox. I've ordered a different unit from another brand that is the most popular seller on Amazon at 1/3 the price of the Soundlink or Jambox, will review when I get it. I the mean time, anyone want a cheap, but admittedly useless, Bose Soundlink?

Date PurchasedDec 2015