Bose SoundSport Free

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great headphones that stay put!

I really rate these wireless headphones from Bose. The sound quality is amazing and taking phone calls is a breeze; I’ve been told the sound is very clear for the person on the other end of the line too. They are excellent for all sports and they really stay put when running or out and about. I use these at work, on the bus, all occasions really. There is a slight delay sometimes in the bluetooth connection but if measured I am sure it would be a fraction of a second.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bose.

Bluetooth

can NOT use the LEFT unit alone while leave the right one charging

con: $250+ earbuds can NOT use the LEFT unit alone while leave the right one charging!!!
come on!! can NOT use the LEFT earbud by itself!!
have 1 second lag when watch videos on pc or phone
no active noise canceling
4 hours battery, again, if i can use one of them and leave the other one charging, that'd be doubled to 8 hours!! again this is $250+ headphone. Come on Bose seriously??! what were you thinking?? how much you gonna save??

pro: secure in ears

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

Good for music but call audio in ONE EAR only

Bose do not make clear there is an unexpected limitation with this product - in call audio and some other sources will play through one ear only. There is no workaround for this. Music audio plays ok and for this the sound quality is good.

Purchased in March 2019 at F1RST Tax & Duty Free for $230.00.

Bluetooth

great sound, poor battery life

the headphones work well for audio, control is hard, but battery life is pathetic. the charge case only lasts a few days and not being used, replacement is the same. Other cheap headphones hold their charge for months without problem and are $240 cheaper. Good design with poor execution. Disappointed with this experience from Bose

Purchased in April 2019 at Qantas for $240.00.

Only worked for 14 months

Sound quality is OK but
Only worked for 14 months. Right charger doesn't work anymore, I was lucky to extend the warranty!!!
there are better quality headphones in the market with same the price

Purchased in February 2018 at Myer for $269.00.

One Step Forward, Two Steps Backward

Pros -
Better sound quality, heavy and crisp bass.
App enabled with device location service, helps you locating. A useful feature for me.
very comfortable for longer wear, for running and cycling.
Reasonably quick charge time.

Con's -
The biggest let down - Call Audio. Voice will only come in one speaker. Super annoying!! Not acceptable in a premium and expensive product.
Emailed Bose on the voice in one ear issue, they replied saying use of True Wireless Stereo (TWS) has a technology limitation, obviously they masked the issue as a feature of TWS, which I fails to understand how.
Another issue, probably only for me - Not too good for gym use, being bulk of its body laying outside my ears, I usually end up hitting something, resulting the buds to fly out and me apologizing fellow body builders.

Being a big fan of Bose, and having used the Bose SoundSport Wireless Bluetooth headphones, was totally disappointed using the Bose SoundSport Free.

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $299.00.

Great Headphone but only last 12 months before major issues

Yes I have had the poor quality issue. I had not used mine until about mid last year and noticed after 6months of daily use to walk 8 km that they started to fall apart. The first to go was the silicone covers as they are very poorly glued. First one headphone then the next.

The clip was the first thing to fall off and get lost on a walk after two days..... pretty disappointing for some thing at was at the top end of the product range. $200.00+

I could live with a little separation, but the fronts especially on the power button side have effected the silicone power button and has cause it to lift and virtually pull off. So the units can not even be powered on.. Effectively DEAD! $200.00 for about 18 months wear at about an hour a day is extremely poor and i wear my apple airpods for at least 6 hours a day and have never had an issue.

Have contacted Customer Support, but the response was ... oh sorry they are just out of warranty. .... really! the issue is common and a design flaw.

Yes the Bose are a better microphone and better for exercise. But on a heads up comparison... buy the apple airpods and some cheaper sports headphone.

Purchased in August 2017 at Bose for $200.00.

Bluetooth

Not bad, just be careful with them

I've been using these since Jan and so far the battery life is excellent, Sound quality is quiet good too for what they are. The case is an excellent idea it if it is a bit big (they charge when docked) just one word of warning they are super easy to drop so be careful. Volume is better than the last model so no issues there. For my ears personally they fit well but to each their own.

I guess in conclusion I'd recommend them just make sure not to drop one.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Bluetooth

Swapped inferior Jabra Elite 65t for Bose soundsport free, they are fantastic.

I purchased a pair Jabra Elite 65t. Terrible quality sound. White noise, rattle in left ear. Poor bass and limited volume. Very tinny sounding. I was very disappointed as the Jabras were claiming to have a clearer sound.
Swapped for Bose soundsport. They have brilliant sound. Crystal clear. Great bass. Far superior over the Jabra. I highly Recommend these!

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

Bose misleading customers

I bought today these they are designed to only work together and if you want to just use one while the left one chargers you can use the right earphone but if you charge the right earphone and use the left it disconnects.

There is no info to say how this work not happy never get them or any other bose products again until they learn not mislead there customers.

I Am writing this review to let every one know that theses headphones should not have passed quality assurance and whoever passed them need to have there head examined in and to be fired also all bose can say is that this is how they are designed and reckon it said that in the instruction manual and nothing on the bose website or four site.

Don't buy this product if you want to only use one earphone as when it does you can't use the other eaephone

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $295.00.

Great Product

Received these as a Christmas present but had been looking at purchasing prior to this. They are a great product and they sit nice and comfortably while working out at the gym or running. Recommend.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $320.00.

Bluetooth

Great sound quality, easy connection

Works like a charm. Great little case to recharge from. Sound quality is great for in ear buds. Connection to Samsung S9 is flawless. Don't really use the buttons to control it, just control things from my phone. Buttons are tough to press. Good build quality. Beats any other free wireless in-ears I've tried.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Connection problems

These headphones sound great and fit in the ear comfortably and securely. However, they are fatally flawed by being the most unreliable connectors I’ve ever had in a Bluetooth headphone. Regularly refuses to connect to paired devices and impossible to connect to a Windows PC. Should be far better for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Expensive product with some room for improvement.

For the weight, portability and the lack of messy wired entanglement - this is superb. The sound quality, is as expected from Bose, great. I certainly can enjoy a lot more music, taking me away from the hustle and bustle of people around me, when I am doing recreational activities or at work with this in-ear speaker.

Very comfortable to wear, after 1-2 minutes I don't really feel them anymore, especially after some good acoustics!

I have heard of them very easily broken if dropped - therefore extremely cautious about it. That somewhat added a degree of worry when I wear them - if only they could be built with a more shock-proof armour that would be awesome. Of course this never happened to me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great sound quality, and lightweight!

I use these headphones when I am out walking and the sound quality is absolutely amazing! So much rich sound and deep bass for such a small and lightweight earbud.

A couple of things that I would advise about the earbuds:
- The way these headphones work is two earbuds are paired together. So essentially the sound is sent from the device you have connected (ie. phone, computer) and is then sent from the main earbud to the second one which means that there is a delay between when you press play and change volume. You won't notice this too much here, but you will notice it if you try and watch videos as the sound doesn't match up with the movement on the screen. Essentially, don't buy these if you are planning to use them for watching videos.

- Depending on what your ear shape is like, the oil/sweat can sometimes make it challenging to keep these in. The ear tips are pretty good for the most part, but I do have issues on occasion where they slip out. Some people don't have this problem, it's just something that I have noticed myself.

- The last thing to mention is if you use these for calling, they will pick up surrounding noise and wind. This is pretty standard in any headphones that don't use a boom microphone so it's a case of taking the good with the bad.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Loved them but they need to be shock-proof for active people

I couldn't live without these - loved them for 6 months, BUT after they fell out a few times they are broken and I'm really disappointed that such an expensive product, designed for sport, can be so fragile. I am active whilst wearing them and tried the various sized plugs so I had the correct size but they did fall out a couple of times and then they died. I've decided to take a safer option now.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Perfect gift for boyfriend

I saw lots of comment before I purchased this, lots of people saying it looks too big, but it actually looks perfect when my boyfriend wearing them! For a music lover, the sound effect is perfect. And for a gym lover, you definitely will love this product. They will stay stable in your ear and sweat proof too.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Compact and great

This is a great pair of wireless earphones. They are so compact and so comfortable and of high quality sound. Great to use anywhere and they fit so well in a pocket. It's great not to have any wires hanging round your neck. They don't snag on anything.Top quality sound from Bose

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Sound is good and fits well

I got these gifted by my sister in law, loved it, they look pretty cool, fit well and sounds good too. They are surely one of the pricier ones in the market but I guess you are paying for the brand. I have used them during workout and havent lost them yet, yay.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good for running/gym

Good for working out
Sound quality is alright and fits amazingly at least in my case.
-1 star for the price and another -1 when you watching a video it lags and sometimes it's not easy to connect.
For $300 you can look for better options.
Overall I will recommend it to the gym goers and runners.

Date PurchasedMar 2018