Bose SoundTouch 300

See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor after sales service. do not buy Bose

My soundbar 300 would not connect to the acoustimass or surround sound speakers after a software update.
Contacted Bose without success. They wanted to charge me $350 for a technician to look at the unit without any Guarantees plus I had to send it to Sydney
I have used Bose for over 20 years but never again
do not buy Bose the product should have lasted more than 2 years

Great product for your living room

1) Surround sound is awesome
2) works great with bass module
3) easy to setup and use
4) provided universal remote control can be used with most of all your household entertainment modules.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $899.00.

Excellent sound, poor support

I have the Bose Soundtouch 300, 12 months old - works well with Samsung TV but cuts out for 1 sec every 5 secs on Bluetooth. Troubleshooted to confirm it is the Bose system. Switched off the Bluetooth and connected via WiFi - much better sound - excellent really. No longer using Bluetooth and it seems OK now. But Bose tech understanding and support is terrible.

Purchased in December 2017.

SOUND is GREAT. Internet radio is a good feature. ARC is a HUGE HUGE HUGE problem. Universal remote

SOUND is GREAT. Internet radio is a good feature. ARC is a HUGE HUGE HUGE problem. But at the same time ARC is also a problem on other end (TV side). It is expensive but worth it. The rear speakers do not add that much of sound effects but if you like spending extra 400 then go ahead with it.Remote is overall good but does not work with STAN completely and or some TV apps.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Regretful purchase, not worth any where near the money

Bought the sound bar, bass and invisible speakers for $2400. Not worth anywhere near that much money as poor performance at best.
I would describe the sound quality as OK when working, invisible speakers are useless, even after turning them up with the App update and the massive Bluetooth boxes connect to each unit makes them very much visible lol. System looses connection with TV so you are left with no sound until you play around for 15min. Tried to listen to the radio today but system required an App update and system update, 1hr later I could listen to music...
I would suggest Samsung or Yamaha, family member paid $700 for Samsung surround sound system and I believe the sound quality is 10 times better then the Bose. SOMETIMES YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Excellent product

I have purchased this 2 years ago. Excellent sound quality. Bose is boss no comparison. It is advisable that you buy this with sub woofer if you watch a lot of movies. The sound bar is compact and it picks even the small sounds and project it in a way that it stands out.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Major connection issues avoid

Had major connection issues
App keeps losing speakers and can’t reconnect
Spent an hour on the phone to Bose and still didn’t get through to them
Terrible product
Tried connecting reconnecting reinstalling rebooting and absolutely everything in between but still no joy
Temperamental at the very best
Regretful purchase avoid

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Do NOT regret , Made the right choice.

This is a great product. I was worried after reading many reviews complaining about various issues. But so far it has been great for me.
Bought it from JB Hi FI.
Sound Quality is great. and great full that Bose gave blue tooth function.
Only downside i see is the app provided by Bose compared to Sonos where Sonos app has more options.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Very Happy With Result

Obviously I could not do a full consumer test and so was limited to decision by feature fulfilment:
Had to have HDMI - ideally ARC
Had to have or be on the road path to AirPlay

Bought after buying a new television which had a great picture but I could not hear dialogue.

Sound much improved, but subtly as in it is unobtrusive and you are unaware that the sound is not coming from the TV. I have at times had to switch everything off to make sure it was working - it was, you don't miss the water until the well runs dry.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

This is great!

Have had Bose before, but this exceeds expectations. Now has wireless surround speakers & great sound. Significantly better than another brand I am replacing. The app for streaming internet radio and music is excellent and very responsive. No lag waiting for it to load every time you use it. Very pleased. I have bought the (wireless) surround speakers and base unit which really enhances the sound experience. Why did I get rid of my previous Bose system? It didn’t have wireless surround speakers, this one has.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

EVERYONE JUST BACK UP....HERE IS THE DEAL...READ THIS..WHO WRITES THESE REVEIWS

I read the reviews and did my own reviewing prior to buying. Now, one problem with some people is they have no idea how to trouble shoot. And when they do, they are stubborn as all hell, like the reviewer who refused to connect his cable to optical connection because the ARC connection just would not work....just outright bloody minded refused....not helpful at all. Anyway, I bought the soundbar first, and set it up and connected to older tv that does not have ARC. Sound was bloody impressive, who needs ARC if it caused you such drama.

Next I bought the Sub....WOW...now i have my own criticisms as well, having to go through the setup with the headset again, I couldnt find it not realising when you add another speaker you have to do it all again...found it and no problem. Tested on deep bass sounds that blew me away....bloody great sound, very impressed.

Prior to buying I read everything. I was aware there were major problems with the app. In their wisdom, Bose decided to keep on the internet an app they were aware of that caused the sound quality to be reduced. So the sound was great, then it wasnt. And to make things worse, you have to update the app when you load it or you cant use it. So i refused to download and use the app, knowing i might get crap software bugs. I used the remote only. Everything perfect. So I decided to buy the virtual invisible speakers. They were on special. I already knew people complained about them....you couldn't here any noise from them...bad reviews...I bought them and connected them, thinking I might end up not having that problem, and played movies....atrocious...couldn't even here them...put my ear to them and just heard them...Rang Bose and thoroughly sought a solution because other people could get them working. The solution was, they had some software settings that set them too low at factory, and downloading the app would fix it. BUT....isnt that the same app that was going to wipe out my good sound from the soundbar and sub? It was...I had to take a risk and download it. Bose told me if I download the app and i had issues i could refund the whole lot. So I did and I am happy I did, because the power of those surround speakers went up 10X. and I could now adjust the centre speaker on the soundbar ect. And I added the soundtouch 20. It connected in another room and fantastic.

In summary, I added the app, downloaded my itunes libruary, put app on my computer as well and not one problem. Now I stream from the app all day and not one drop out, on internet radio from America. Bose have handled the software releases and the ARC issues poorly and need to answer to that, for sure. But for people to review a 1 for such a good system is ridiculous.
Those issues could be,
user set up the system too close to phones, and the router as well.
The connection they have is not fast enough.
Phones they use conflict with the app
Bose software still has bugs
user is really poor with technology
And false reveiws....I am currently also researching reviews and what is fascinating is how many really poor reviews dont have a valid purchase, and also raving 5 stars ( i am interstate so I haven't mine with me ) People need to go through and actually think about this, many competitors will put poor reviews to bad mouth, and will not have receipts registered. Some terrible products have 5 star lunatics come out of nowhere, when you know its just impossible when you know that company well. Who do you think is writing half of what you read...
Do not put a lot of weight in poor or good reveiws if they wont post their verified reciepts. At least I can produce mine.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

And the winner is .......Bose soundtouch 300 & Acoustimass 300

In doing my research for what will deliver my next decade of music and movie streaming, two systems kept appearing at the top of my list, the Sonos Playbar and the Bose Soundtouch 300, both I might add with their optional but absolutely necessary matching sub woofers.
Without tainting your own research by publishing my extensive notes I settled for the Bose.
As luck would have it on my visit to the Bose store they were offering factory refurbished units (read new) that took a massive $400 of the listed (and for the most part online) price. I ended paying $1598 for both the soundbar unit and the excellent sub.
Setting up the unit was initially a pain, but a quick call to their excellent customer service department and the set up was complete including tailoring the sound to the size and shape of the room.
The resulting sound quality and ease of use, including the ability to connect to a wealth of Bluetooth speakers throughout the house make this a perfect future proof system.
Quality construction, beautiful design providing Solid bases and beautiful crisp trebles and mid range are truly awe inspiring
As to whether I will buy the optional rear speakers I am unsure, for now I feel I am in sound heaven.

Really Happy!

Have a soundbar 300 and subwoffer. was very easy to setup, sounds awesome. have always had good stuff from Bose.... had a few other products all still working and all sound great. in store service was really good, plenty of time to listen and well trained staff. I think they are good value for money

Beware of bugs

Turn itself off randomly, usually after an hour. You have to press a button on the remote to ensure it doesn’t turn off for another hour. Extremely annoying when you are watching TV. Rang Bose support, they say a patch would come out, asked when, answer is “maybe 6 months”. Left me with no solution but to returned the speaker and the sub back to Myers.

Sound quality is very good if you can put up with the above fault.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Bose SoundTouch 300

The Bose SoundTouch 300 is capable of an extremely-wide sound field, which benefits both when listening to your favorite music and watching movies. The speaker is capable of reproducing both dialog and incidental effects with crystal clarity, plus the Bose SoundTouch 300 system offers easy-to-use music streaming via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I cant live without it

Ive always just bought basic all in one sound systems but this one blows them all out of the water. I love the app on the phone to control it and the quality is fantastic. Ive compared it to the Sonos which I think is slightly better but I do love the sleek look of the soundbar.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not just a pretty face.

What can i say but wow. No only beautiful looks with its Italian glass top but as you would expect from Bose great sound.
A MUST IS THE WIRELESS SUB WOOFER.
Then just sit back crank up you favourite Blue Ray. The Bose Soundtouch app gives you the link to your music, via Spotify ect, Stream them from you pc or listen to your favourite digital radio station.
On thing its not cheap and they are rarely and on sale.

Wonderful system!

I’ve recently purchased BOSE sountouch 300 + Acousticmas subwoofer. Setup was quite easy with the only problem of HDMI ARC compatibility with my Samsung TV. I could not get the system to play any sound using the HDMI cable. I’ve contacted BOSE support and they have admitted some issue with the compatibility wtih samsung TV. I have to resort to using optical audio cable to play the sound.

Once the setup is done, it was just easy to use. I can connect my mobile to the sound bar via Bluetooth to play music on my playlist or I can simply connect to my network where it can play form my music library on my personal cloud and Spotify.

I have to say though that the sound bar alone does not play a very good music but excellent to hear the dialogue on the movie. I highly recommend getting the sub woofer with it to give the entire system the oomph. Overall it gives a spacious sound and I just love it!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

waste money time

Hi. I purchased full Bose 300 equipment. $2400 then had net connected to use speakers. It’s crap. Sub and side speakers drop off connections when your iPhone leaves house. Needing to reconnect sub and speakers always. Blue tooth is set on time limit. Always reconnecting. Crap Money waste

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Still wondering if I should have got the Sonos instead

Previously having had a Sonos system it took a lot for me to purchase a Bose 300 soundbar (and I've also purchased the Bose Soundtouch 10 for the bedroom and a Bose bluetooth Revolve+).

Every review I read said the Bose 300 was superior to the Sonos offering and I've got to admit it pumps out some really good sound. So good in fact that I haven't bothered with the rear speakers or subwoofer. I've always had 5.1 systems with an amplifier so I appreciate great sound in movies.

I've got it connected to a Sony Bravia TV via the ARC connection. Also connected is a PS4 and a Roku tv/movie streamer.

Issues I've had with the Bose 300:
1. Each time I want to watch tv I've got to push the soundtouch button on the Bose remote, wait a few seconds, and then push the tv button on the bose remote. While this is going on sound is coming through both the 300 and the tv. Not sure why the 300 can't just detect that audio is coming from the tv. Perhaps this has something to do with me not being able to turn off the tv's internal speakers.

2. The Spotify app wouldn't connect to either the 300 or 10 through the app. I could run Spotify ok from the phone it just wouldn't work on the Bose products. This was fixed after a few days with an app update.

3. For some reason sound coming from the Roku box for internet catchup tv is garbled through the 300. Netflix, Foxtel etc are ok, it's just the catchup tv that is almost unwatchable due to the distorted sound.

4. A big fail for me, particularly for the Soundtouch 10 speaker in the bedroom, is the absence of a sleep timer. If you want to listen to music for 20mins before bed and have the speaker stop automatically this can't be done unless you purchase a third party app. If an independent programmer can build this functionality I'm not sure why Bose can't include it natively. Sonos have had this functionality for years.

5. Can't seem to turn off the soundbar and just listen to sound through the tv.

6. No independent audio controls other than the volume of the center channel so no fiddling with base or treble etc.

7. App is slightly clunky so much so that my wife can't be bothered taking the time to learn how to use it. She finds it much easier to just use the bluetooth speaker.

The Good:
1. Great sound
2. Wifi seems pretty stable
3. Beautiful
4. Easy to install (with tvs that have ARC input anyway)
5. Bose remote controls the tv channels / inputs / menus perfectly.

Date PurchasedMay 2017