Bose SoundTouch 20 / 30 Series III

See the Best Speakers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bose? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Andrew
AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

There's got to be an easier speaker to use

The sound is good but connecting to wifi is intermittent. I've spent countless hours trying to reconnect over the years. I've read reviews on other similar products and there looks to be many better choices

Purchased in for $400.

App is Cr@p!

The speaker itself is very good and has very good sound. The app is extremely poor! I have had many many problems and cannot search for new online radio stations, half the time the stored radio stations do not work and it takes ages to boot up. Definitely not an improvement on the earlier versions!

Bruce
BruceDarling Downs, QLD

Great speaker if you want a bluetooth speaker

Utterly useless product if you want to run it off your home wifi. Bose continually change the software which requires lengthy downloads, when all you want is to listen to the radio or some music. Not sure if these speakers are still being sold but if they are and you're considering buying one, don't. You will regret it.

Purchased in .

Nauro64
Nauro64Central West, NSW

Good but only when the WiFi works

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $599.

John
JohnSydney, NSW

Dont buy it

Sounds good, but connectivity is a drama. WI-fi doesn't connect. The app is useless. Hangs regularly. Have to reboot my phone to resolve.
Online help is useless.
Only way to use it is to plug in, which requires buying adapters if you want to use a phone or tablet.
Its rubbish - dont do it.

Purchased in for $599.

Damien Lee
Damien LeeIllawarra, NSW

Great sound, shocking software and support.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $400.

Aaron
AaronSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rediculous to connect to SoundTouch 30

Great sound but it is almost impossible to have both speakers networked. As soon as you change music devices. Eg another phone. You must reconnect to wifi. Its infuriating. Never by bose if you want to network speakers.

Purchased in for $700.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Andrew-Morisset Park
Andrew-Morisset ParkSydney

So close to being great

Love the sound and simplicity of the unit BUT (when I use the presets built into the Bose unit) my favourite internet station (from Russia) keeps dropping out. It works fine if I stream it via my 'phone and use Bluetooth to get it to play via the Bose unit, but this is so fiddly (compared with simply pressing a button on the Bose unit). Have contacted Bose who put me onto TuneIn who put me onto the internet station in question... let's hope the Russians read English!

Purchased in .

Christian
ChristianFar North Queensland, QLD

Connectivity issues!

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $1,700.

SounakGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sound Quality Great - Terrible Internet Connectivity

Sounds quality is good - as expected from Bose. However the internet connectivity is horrible. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and therefore interrupting the listening experience. I have got a super high speed internet and have other devices that work perfectly. I have tried calling Bose customer support on multiple occasions and every time they want me to update my router setting - which does not help in the end. In the last setting they said it is a trial an error and keep changing wireless channel (about 20) until it is better. Clearly it is something to do with the product which they don't accept. Did not expect this at all!!!

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $649.

Sound Quality is great!

Bought a series I in 2014. I am very impressed with the sound quality. I have since purchased another 2 (series iii) and am now enjoying Play All. I can live with occasional drop outs now because 99% of the time it works perfectly. (I followed advice on the Bose forum about improving wifi reliability and this caused a big reduction in drop outs).

The lack of Airplay on the series iii is annoying but I mainly stream music from my PC and internet radio. Still it would be good if this was finally delivered to series iii as promised by Bose over the last 2 years as I have found it to be a useful feature on the series I.

Overall I am very happy with my soundtouch 20's.

Purchased in at Myer Online Store for $400.

irritated36
irritated36melbourne

Great sound but struggles with wifi

Sound is great, functionality with PC and itunes is good. News channels work but all of this is dependant on how well it plays with wifi. My wifi signal is strong but my pc is often on a VPN for security. This is when the Sountouch does not play well. It loses it's connection to the PC and can't play any music from it.

Disappointed Owner

I bought the Bose SoundTouch thinking Bose is a sound system name and thought it would be brilliant. Sadly it has fallen well short of expectations and now I am looking to discard it for something better.
Whats the problem(s) - upgrades are never straight forward. I have it loaded on a MacBook Air and whenever I try to run an update it consistently fails after its downloaded to update the system without repeated attempts. I find it easier to play through blue tooth rather than WiFi and the sound quality is not so good. There is no provision for stereo speakers so while the box is stereo there is no obvious distribution of sound.

userid42
userid42Sydney, NSW

Absolute rubbish

GAJ
GAJGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Software updates remove features you paid for

Buyer be ware. I tested a Bose Sound Touch 20 in the store using my phone, but within months a Bose update removed my phone from the supported phones. Having bought a new phone Bose has inflicted another update which has removed the internet radio preset button function.
I bought the Bose because I like to listen to advert free radio stations and now we must reset all the buttons and run them through a streaming service of Bose choice which will include adverts, unless we pay for an upgraded premium product. You can not ignore the updates, they effectively disable the product and app until you comply.
They have altered the product by stealth to one of a lesser standard than I paid for, who knows what they'll do next.