Bose SoundTouch 30

Bose SoundTouch 30

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Andrew, Marrickville

Andrew, MarrickvilleSydney

So close to being great

Love the sound and simplicity of the unit BUT (when I use the presets built into the Bose unit) my favourite internet station (from Russia) keeps dropping out. It works fine if I stream it via my 'phone and use Bluetooth to get it to play via the Bose unit, but this is so fiddly (compared with simply pressing a button on the Bose unit). Have contacted Bose who put me onto TuneIn who put me onto the internet station in question... let's hope the Russians read English!

Purchased in June 2019.

Christian

ChristianFar North Queensland, QLD

Connectivity issues!

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,700.00.

SounakGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sound Quality Great - Terrible Internet Connectivity

Sounds quality is good - as expected from Bose. However the internet connectivity is horrible. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and therefore interrupting the listening experience. I have got a super high speed internet and have other devices that work perfectly. I have tried calling Bose customer support on multiple occasions and every time they want me to update my router setting - which does not help in the end. In the last setting they said it is a trial an error and keep changing wireless channel (about 20) until it is better. Clearly it is something to do with the product which they don't accept. Did not expect this at all!!!

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $649.00.

Disappointed Owner

I bought the Bose SoundTouch thinking Bose is a sound system name and thought it would be brilliant. Sadly it has fallen well short of expectations and now I am looking to discard it for something better.
Whats the problem(s) - upgrades are never straight forward. I have it loaded on a MacBook Air and whenever I try to run an update it consistently fails after its downloaded to update the system without repeated attempts. I find it easier to play through blue tooth rather than WiFi and the sound quality is not so good. There is no provision for stereo speakers so while the box is stereo there is no obvious distribution of sound.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Julien

JulienSydney

Excellent speaker

It's a great speaker with a powerful sound. Very high Bose quality. I really appreciate also having the bluetooth available to play podcasts and youtube videos.
It would be perfect if it could stream podcasts natively instead of streaming them from an itunes.library on a running computer... which is very annoying.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Terry AU

Terry AUMelbourne

Quite a powerful speaker

Like it design and its quality, base is good. However, there are some aspect which needs to improve. The onset time is way too long, i.e. you need 1-2 mins to get the machine started...come on, we are talking about a speaker...the other thing is that there is only limited app compactible with while you register your speaker in Australia (comparing to the US, which is not the best)....and the worse thing is....the app on your computer, keep crashing,,,crashing and crashing,,,,I gave up and only use it the app on my phone

Date PurchasedApr 2016