Bose SoundTouch 30

Bose SoundTouch 30

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Connectivity issues!

I purchased two of the Soundtouch 10, one Soundtouch 30 and the Soundtouch Wireless link to have sound all across our business premises. If i add up the amount of hours it takes every single day to reconnect every single speaker to the wifi system, i most likely have a full time position filled only to
create sound, which would make it the most expensive wifi system on the planet (just guessing here).
In short, i have tried to resolve this with Bose, the first emails where answered, they checked my wifi system, asked me to change from 5G to the slower network. Nothing has changed and emails are not getting answered anymore. I have this system for over a year now and wish i had bought another brand. The sound of the Bose system was the best and i do love it, but the waste of time for a simply wifi connection for such a high end product is a little embarrassing for such a 'trusted' brand, but even worse, the customer service ignores the issue !

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,700.00.

Sound Quality Great - Terrible Internet Connectivity

Sounds quality is good - as expected from Bose. However the internet connectivity is horrible. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and therefore interrupting the listening experience. I have got a super high speed internet and have other devices that work perfectly. I have tried calling Bose customer support on multiple occasions and every time they want me to update my router setting - which does not help in the end. In the last setting they said it is a trial an error and keep changing wireless channel (about 20) until it is better. Clearly it is something to do with the product which they don't accept. Did not expect this at all!!!

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $649.00.

Disappointed Owner

I bought the Bose SoundTouch thinking Bose is a sound system name and thought it would be brilliant. Sadly it has fallen well short of expectations and now I am looking to discard it for something better.
Whats the problem(s) - upgrades are never straight forward. I have it loaded on a MacBook Air and whenever I try to run an update it consistently fails after its downloaded to update the system without repeated attempts. I find it easier to play through blue tooth rather than WiFi and the sound quality is not so good. There is no provision for stereo speakers so while the box is stereo there is no obvious distribution of sound.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Excellent speaker

It's a great speaker with a powerful sound. Very high Bose quality. I really appreciate also having the bluetooth available to play podcasts and youtube videos.
It would be perfect if it could stream podcasts natively instead of streaming them from an itunes.library on a running computer... which is very annoying.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Quite a powerful speaker

Like it design and its quality, base is good. However, there are some aspect which needs to improve. The onset time is way too long, i.e. you need 1-2 mins to get the machine started...come on, we are talking about a speaker...the other thing is that there is only limited app compactible with while you register your speaker in Australia (comparing to the US, which is not the best)....and the worse thing is....the app on your computer, keep crashing,,,crashing and crashing,,,,I gave up and only use it the app on my phone

Date PurchasedApr 2016