20, 30

Andrew-Morisset Park

Andrew-Morisset ParkSydney

So close to being great

Love the sound and simplicity of the unit BUT (when I use the presets built into the Bose unit) my favourite internet station (from Russia) keeps dropping out. It works fine if I stream it via my 'phone and use Bluetooth to get it to play via the Bose unit, but this is so fiddly (compared with simply pressing a button on the Bose unit). Have contacted Bose who put me onto TuneIn who put me onto the internet station in question... let's hope the Russians read English!

Purchased in June 2019.

Sound Quality is great!

Bought a series I in 2014. I am very impressed with the sound quality. I have since purchased another 2 (series iii) and am now enjoying Play All. I can live with occasional drop outs now because 99% of the time it works perfectly. (I followed advice on the Bose forum about improving wifi reliability and this caused a big reduction in drop outs).

The lack of Airplay on the series iii is annoying but I mainly stream music from my PC and internet radio. Still it would be good if this was finally delivered to series iii as promised by Bose over the last 2 years as I have found it to be a useful feature on the series I.

Overall I am very happy with my soundtouch 20's.

Purchased in April 2014 at Myer Online Store for $400.00.

irritated36

irritated36melbourne

Great sound but struggles with wifi

Sound is great, functionality with PC and itunes is good. News channels work but all of this is dependant on how well it plays with wifi. My wifi signal is strong but my pc is often on a VPN for security. This is when the Sountouch does not play well. It loses it's connection to the PC and can't play any music from it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Speakers

Find out how Bose SoundTouch 20 / 30 Series III compares to other Speakers

paudux

pauduxNew Zealand

Sounds good but limited DLNA support and most radio stations can't be listened to

I've owned this and other Bose Soundtouch products for a few years now, and they initially worked well and sounded good, recently with each software downgrade DLNA compatibility has reduced (I can't find one that works at the moment) and with the latest downgrade most of the previously accessible radio stations have been removed as they now only support Tunein. In the past I would have recommended this, but not now, I suggest checking radio stations and compatibility with you music server before buying.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Julien

JulienSydney

Excellent speaker

It's a great speaker with a powerful sound. Very high Bose quality. I really appreciate also having the bluetooth available to play podcasts and youtube videos.
It would be perfect if it could stream podcasts natively instead of streaming them from an itunes.library on a running computer... which is very annoying.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Terry AU

Terry AUMelbourne

Quite a powerful speaker

Like it design and its quality, base is good. However, there are some aspect which needs to improve. The onset time is way too long, i.e. you need 1-2 mins to get the machine started...come on, we are talking about a speaker...the other thing is that there is only limited app compactible with while you register your speaker in Australia (comparing to the US, which is not the best)....and the worse thing is....the app on your computer, keep crashing,,,crashing and crashing,,,,I gave up and only use it the app on my phone

Date PurchasedApr 2016
BMAC

BMACDarling Downs, QLD

Great for our Motorhome

This is tops in a RV, a very big sound from a compact speaker. This single speaker replaced five that were built into our motorhome.
When we first bought this speaker the software was disappointing, it was clumsy, not intuitive to use, dropped out regularly and impossible to play music from my laptop library via bluetooth. It seemed as though it was specifically designed for streaming music off the internet, this is a problem when limited to mobile broadband.
Twelve months later, the software is much improved which gives more flexibility in use. The only remaining criticism is no music built into it's own software but it feeds off Windows Media player or such however these are minor because the sound is great.

SueW

SueWMelbourne

Great sound

I bought this to replace a Sony Dream machine iPod Dock. What I really wanted was something to dock my iPod but there seems to be very few of these around these days as everyone is WiFi'ing. In saying that, the set up was easier than I expected it to be. I have it set up on my Desktop PC and iPad, however, can only use my iTunes from the desktop PC (and I love being able to use operate it from another room) and to use my iPod I need to use Blue Tooth even though I have an auxiliary cable connected (not sure why I can't it get to work through auxiliary). Overall, happy with the system, ease of use and sound quality.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

David080Brisbane

Great portable speaker

Great Wi-Fi capable speaker. Great sound. Good battery life. Easy to set up.
Only problem is not DLNA capable (ie Able to use non-Boase/Apple software/Apps to stream music from DLNA music server to the speakers) - If it could do this, it would be 5 stars

David080

UPDATE: The unit failed 1 month out of warranty. Not happy.
Update on my update. Bose fixed the problem even though out of warranty - Very impressed with their customer service

Speakers