Bose Soundtrue Ultra

Bose Soundtrue Ultra

This is perfect

Pros:
*Noise isolation
*Clear audio
*Light weight and comfortable in ear

Cons:
*Not ideal for running (cable rattling noise)

Conclusion: Excellent pair of in-ear headset, ideal for work or home. I bought mine on sale (JB Hi-Fi for $89)

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $89.00.

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort

Good sound quality

These Bose earphones provides one of the clearest and purest sounds I have ever heard for an earphone. The unique wingtips for the ear piece helps ensure they stay in your ear. One issue I have with it is that the wingtips seems very flimsy and multiple wingtips have been lost already.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good sounds, good enough to make a flight ride comfortable

I really like the bose ultra, it is not as nice as the quiet comfort one, but it fits into my price range. I like it is an in-ear version, so the sounds will be blocked. I wasn't used to it as first, but after a while, it just feel natural. One of the downfall is if you move too much, the earphone will have some fuzzy sounds, but most of the time it wont happen.
I can also adjust the volume and skip the music using the remote. I like this function for the convenience.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

This is good enough for the price

The headphone provides the reasonable quality for a affordable price. I oquld recommend it. However, the headphone can be warm if you are wearing it in summer. You might need to wash it on a regular basis or it stinks. Additionally, the cable is very long and it can be inconvenient when you try to move around

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Couple of hiccups but happy

Had a couple of hickups that the system was having but called Bose customer service line and spoke to someone that helped me fix the issue very easily I’ve rhe Phone, really good customer service from Bose that I experienced, would purchase again from this positive experience I had with them

Date PurchasedSep 2017

If you haven't got yourself a Bose sound system you simply haven't heard quality sound

My Bose system is with out doubt the greatest sound system on the market weather hooked up to your TV or simply listening to music the clarity is unbelievable my children love it .the pure sound is astonishing if you don't have a Bose sound system you simply haven't heard quality sound

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Very comfortable, stethoscope effect not great

I really like these headphones. The sound quality is great and they are so comfortable. I have smallish ears and often find that earphones don't fit my ear properly and cause my ears to ache. These fit so well, and almost mould to the ear shape. They are good quality and the mid-highs are very defined. There is a slight lacking in bass, but I don't mind this. The only issue is the 'stethoscope' effect, as these are noise blocking not cancelling.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very disappointing

I bought these online to replace my Bose SIE2i that I love. What a mistake. The cord noise constantly interrupts the music when jogging or biking to the point that I am still using my old taped up SIE2i & have put these down as a $175 mistake. Hopefully Bose learns & can rectify in the future.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Sound quality is good but not quality of product

They do a good job at noise cancelling and sound quality. On the flip side though they did start to fray at the top where they plug in with the price you may you expect more than that. They do stay in the ear pretty well which is a bonus.

Very Disappointed

I would expect better quality at this price and definitely by a brand like Bose. The cable started to fall apart within a year of the purchase - which is just not good enough. Even the headphones that come with your iPhone have no problems with the cable! See attached picture.
Sound quality is OK, nothing to write home about. Again, the I couldn't really tell the difference in the sound quality compared to the Apple or Samsung headphones that come with the mobile phones. I would not recommend these - considering the price ($180) and the build quality.
The only real positive it has is the design, they stay in-ear and don't fall apart (well, at least for me) while running etc.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Love my Bose headphones

I have always been a big fan of bose and this is one of the best things i purchased this year. there is no doubt the sound quality is amazing and fits perfectly in the ears . The only issue with bose is the price in Australia . I think compared to the US it is much more dearer. I rather buy Bose then other brands like philips

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Just don't move while listening!

Bought these in December 2016 for $200 at Myer to listen to music at (office) work so wanted something that was fairly noise cancelling and good quality. I have a pair of over ear Audio Technica ATH-M50X which I love but wanted something more subtle for work. Now I'm no audiophile so didn't need anything too high end or and didn't want to spend too much because it was for just at work.

The package is neat and the shape is different from other in-ears I've owned but they stay in with it's unique design. I find the more common round buds are more noise isolating than these for me.

I don't play them loudly (Spotify desktop sound is 100% and PC speaker volume is 36%) but find that I rarely use these headphones now because the cable is so loud!. Being in ears, whenever the cable bumps or rubs against anything you hear it in the headphones. Sitting here typing the cable is plugged into my notebook on my left so the cable runs across the table and my left arm leading to my head. Every time I move my arm or head ever so slightly you hear the movement so I have to sit motionless! I mean it's so bad that even if the cable rubs against the table top you hear it!.

It's so unfortunate because the sound and noise (apart from the cable) isolation is clear and precise. These aren't as clear as the Audio Technica ATH-M50X.

Where I've used them:
Train - I was sitting still and the cable was just hanging with no bumping and they were good. Good noise isolation. You can hear muted things around you but I don't like 100% isolation so it was a good balance for me.
Plane - found them good but not as good as other in ears I've had to block out ear pressure and the plane drone but I found it was a good alternative to my other over ear noise cancelling headphones (not the ATH-M50X's). Again, cable thou was an issue whenever you move. I had an 8 hour flight and find that my ears need a break from in-ears after a few hours so swap between the two.
Jogging - That's a definite no, no! Way too much cable bouncing and couldn't hear any music at all. I had to take our the headphones - way too annoying.
At work typing at desk (office) - per above comments.
Lying in bed - again, anything that touches the cable comes through so couldn't even lie in bed having a coffee!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Waste of money

These earphones were a real waste of money. The cord noise was terrible, very intrusive, and could only be reduced by wrapping the cord around your ears and clipping the cord to your clothes. They are structurally fragile too, with the junction of the ear cords placed into a rigid junction, which resulted in the cord partially breaking within 6 months. Avoid.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

True sound from in-ear headphones

The headphones really bring out the ends of the sound spectrum that other headphones somehow lose. The head phones fit the ears well and have a selection of soft ear guides to fit different sized ears. Bass and treble are there with presence absent with other earbuds. The sound from the phones is really clear, bringing the detail of any music or spoken word out clearly. Very impressive compared to other brands I have tried. They come with a handy carry case which protects them well if they are in your backpack etc.

Very Comfortable Headphones with an Amazing Sound Quality.

Pros:
Amazing sound quality - clear and detailed mids and highs. Minimum distortion. The sound quality, compared to other Bose in-ear headphones such as the Soundsports and the QC20, is less muddy and more detailed. The bass however, was lacking (will get to that later). Compared to the Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 ($30 more expensive), the soundstage was wider, sound was clear and more detailed. However, the bass on the Soundtrue was much weaker.

Comfort - the tips don't go deep into the ear canal like many in-ear headphones. It gently rests just outside the ear canal, while maintaining noise isolation. The devil-shaped StayHear tips make sure the tips stay firm and secure. Very comfortable.

Cons:
Lack of bass - these headphones don't have a punchy bass like many in-ear headphones in this price range. Although the lows are still clear and detailed, they aren't for people who like a fun, punchy bass. Compared to the B&W C5 S2 (mentioned earlier), the bass is almost non-existent. The C5s produce a much fuller bass that makes it more fun to listen to. However, its bass isn't very clear and can distort the mids sometimes. This has never happened on the Soundtrue, due to its flatter EQ which brings out the best in all music genres.

Cable Noise - any sound that is made by touching/hitting the cable is amplified through the cable to your ear. It can be a nuisance sometimes when exercising, but the clip on the cable can reduce the noise (although not fully).

Overall, the Bose Soundtrue Ultra is a great-sounding headphone suited for people who want a comfortable pair of headphones with a clear, detailed sound on all music genres (although this sometimes sacrifices depth and dimension). These are not for people who want a big, punchy bass, however. Comparable headphones in this price range include: Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2, Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H3 and Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Comfortable in-ear headphones with decent sound quality

These headphones from Bose are very comfortable to use and the sound quality is decent. It isn't cheap; it costs $179.95. But the mids and highs are very clear and there is a phenomenal amount of detail. The lows are clear and detailed but these headphones lack bass. Even the stock Apple earphones have more bass than these (although it is not as clear and detailed). The StayHear tips are very comfortable and fits almost all ear types (there are 3 different sized tips that come with the headphones). In fact, it is one of the most comfortable tips I have ever used. As a bonus, the tips block out a lot of background noise (although this is not a noise cancelling headphone), like an earplug. The cable is irritating, however; if you bump it even slightly, the noise is amplified and carried all the way to your ear. For this reason there is a built in clip for running, but it only reduces the noise and doesn't completely fix the issue.
I have seen other people complaining about the low volume of these headphones, but I think it is loud enough. The volume is much louder than the previous Soundtrue.
Overall, these are very comfortable headphones that deliver a clear sound. However, there is low bass and the cable amplifies any sound that comes from touching/scraping/rubbing the cable directly to your ear.

Perfect for its price

I owned it now for 6 months. It never disappointed me whatever the quality of the sound track. The case is very elegant. The only recommendation is to make the wire more strong as I (feel) that it won't last more than year or more.