Bose Wave Music System

Bose Wave Music System Questions & Answers

IV, SoundTouch IV, III, etc...

30 questions from our users

Rob

Robasked

Wave Music System

I am trying to tune a a Bose WMS to an AM station at 693 Khz but it on steps by ten. It will step to 680, 690, 700 etc so I can't get 693?

Jay

Jayasked

Wave Music System II

What can I do to get my subwoofer to work again?

Steve L

Steve Lasked

Wave Music System III

Would I be able to purchase a new remote controller for my Wave III, as it won’t work without one. Some of the “buttons” functions are wearing out.

webbo51

webbo51asked

Wave Music System

Our 2006 Wave Music system is not turning on. When I press the “ON” button on the remote, a “please wait” message appears on the screen after which nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong?

Erick Nilson S.
Erick Nilson S.

Try to keep it out of Power for at least 60 minutes like this guy told to, plug it in Power after that who knows it works https://www.justanswer.com/home-theater-stereo/a623x-bose-wave-music-system-awrcc2-flashes-please-wait.html

george.terbush
george.terbush

The Bose Wave Music Systems used surface mount capacitors that are failing after 15 years. I had a similar problem with my Bose Wave II AWRCC1. I ended up replacing many of the caps inside and now my Bose system is like new. I document what I did on YouTube.

Good luck!
George

Jack

Jackasked

Wave Music System SoundTouch IV

I have got rid of 30 year old sound system (tuner, tape deck, CD, turntable) and moved CDs to my study (3mx3m) and am looking for something to play CDs in study sometimes but mostly in other room (s) or outside or in garage. Also gradually putting CDs into laptop and on stick. Is Bose Wave SoundTouch IV suitable? I expect I will need a separate speaker for use away from the study. Not fanatical about sound. Reasonable quality will do. Which speaker? Am I looking at the right product or is there a cheaper or other option? Jack

george b.

george b.asked

Wave Music System SoundTouch IV

Hi , I am thinking of buying this system , can you use Amazons Alexa with it or integrate it with other Alexas in the house?
Regards
G Baird

Rick

Hi sorry I can't even get the blue tooth to work honestly buy another brand.

Helen M.

Helen M.asked

Wave Music System III

Will Smof 30pin Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP Audio Music receiver work with this?

Rick

Sorry Helen I can't even get the blue tooth to pair with the phone or the lap top it really is a disappointment .

Rohit

Rohitasked

Wave Music System

We like to leave our radio on when we go away on holidays. Unfortunately the radio goes off after a while. Why is that ?

Alex

Alexasked

Wave Music System III

Hi. I recently ordered a new remote for my mother, since the old one appeared not to be working. I just need someone to tell me how to test the new one, since my mother isn't able to and I've never used this system before. So it's got a new battery. Now what do I do? I do know this sounds crazy, but my mother is 89, gets very confused and it's honestly easier to ask you! Thanks. Alex

terrificdeals
terrificdeals

If you have a digital camera, just point the remote at the camera and press the buttons on the remote. If you see a it light up in the camera then the remote is working. (FWIW, we are on our 4th remote - they don't last!)

Jo E

Jo Easked

Wave Music System SoundTouch IV

Does it have DAB+ radio or just AM/FM?

Rick

yes has digital audio bluetooth not that I can get it to work.

Watty

Wattyasked

Wave Music System

How good is the AM radio reception of this unit and is it free of static interference

I have found that the AM radio works fine I myself like FM better

Don C.

Don C.asked

Wave Music System IV

does it play am radio

Peter G.
Peter G.

Hi Don, The Bose Wave does play AM Radio. Easiest way is, on the remote, select the Radio button and press it several times to toggle through the different Radio settings.

Roylars

Roylarsasked

Wave Music System

turning it on it says please wait and then shuts down

Sheryl

Ring Bose and ask for advice, This problem has not happened to me Alternativally you may get help from Bose Trouble shooting guide .Have you tried rebooting ?

Denis Co.

Denis Co.asked

Wave Music System

I can’t connect to my WiFi system

Sheryl

To my knowledge you must enter your wi fi password into the bose system

John B.

John B.asked

Wave Music System

I have a very old Bose Box Acoustic Wave ....mid early 1990's that has been reconditioned by Bose. It still is super and has a killer sound. Is there an adapter that can be used to have it function also as a Blue Tooth system?

Sheryl

Not to my knowledge.Have you tried contacting Bose or a Bose seller .Sometime I contact JB HI fi they sell Bose

Daud S

Daud Sasked

Wave Music System II

i have bose acustic wave music system II, the stored of channel radio, oftenly changed random, anyone can help me ??

Loz
Loz

I wish I could. Unfortunately these products are riddled with glitches and problems. I’ve recently been listening to pre-set radio stations on a very reliable WiFi network. No outages and no problems on the WiFi network. My BOSE speaker decided the music will stop. The message ‘connecting to network’ has been showing for the last 10 minutes! Never ending problems. Bye bye BOSE!

barbara

barbaraasked

Wave Music System

bose model jb5279 acoustic wave radio can a 5cd changer with the date 2010 connect to it the date on the jb5279 series is 1994?

Looster
Looster

Apologies, i honestly do not know the answer to your question

barbara

barbaraasked

Wave Music System II

Is the bose acoustic 5 cd changer able to work with the bose wave radio model awr1?

Hello Barbara,

I really don't know about this - my Bose Wave is a single CD unit and I've never tried connecting it to any other device. If your CD changer and Wave are later models, I would think you'd be able to bluetooth them; however, I suggest you contact Bose direct for accurate information. Hope that helps

nelly

nellyasked

Wave Music System

Cant get the cd out, what do I do?

Mischa

You could unplug the radio and when you plug it in, it might eject the cd - or, when you plugin try to hit the eject button multiple times. If this is a mechanical problem though, you might very well be facing a disassembly of the radio. Which you should only do if you know what you are doing :)

Hi,
I totally agree with what Mischa advised. Especially if your unit is still under warranty,any non qualified person touching it (repairwise) will void warranty,even if it is an Store extended warranty.
The sweet price of an Discounted Repair,soon sours when you void your warranty.

Alecasked

Wave Music System I

I have an original sound wave radio which I purchased in 1993. In the last year the base has completely gone whilst the treble still works perfectly. Is this a terminal issue or can it be fixed, if so who would be qualified to do so and what parts would need replacing.

Hello Alec,
I live in A.C.T. and technicians here are quite scarce. There are BOSE distributors/agents in most capital cities. The local BOSE store should be able to point you in right direction. Although you must bear in mind today's attitude is replace not repair,so don't expect a lot of positive actions.

Many thanks.

Mischa

I am not completely clear on this, but the service manual suggests that the two audio channels of the TDA7376 are used on a different EQ setup, respectively. If this is the case, maybe one of the speakers stopped working? On my AWRCC4 unit, the two speakers sound the same both left and right.

There might also be a problem with the amplifier chip, or the equalizer chip (connected to it) -- or even the power supply part that feeds the power amplifier. If you know what you are doing and on your own risk, you could open the cover and unplug one after another of the two speaker cables you will see. This way you can tell if it has anything to do with the two audio channels.