Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance
4.1 from 1,637 reviews

Horrible

Went with Bow wow meow because of all the good reviews I have heard but they have truly let me down! I have put two claims in one being quite a large claim and it’s been a month and have not received anything back and they just keep delaying it and they haven’t even checked the other claim which was put in back In Jan. Would advise to go with a different insurance company! It’s not what you want when your stressing because of medical conditions then to make it worse that your insurance company is avoiding reimbursement so your left with a big sum of money out of your pocket!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo

was ok until

got $50 back out of $600 it cost for cremation as I'd reached my annual benefit level. I guess when you cremate your dog you can only do it once a year. annual benefit limits are way too low for a dog with ongoing issues, you can't get treatment without getting a consult, I maxed out consults in the first two months. won't go back to bowwow. payment system needs to be updated to take manual payments as well.

Claim ApprovedNo

Very impressed, would definitely recommend!

We signed up with Bow Wow when we bought our puppy and until last week had never needed it. He came down with gastro last week and ended up having a 3 day (2 overnights) stay at the vet until he was better. When we picked him up to bring him home, we filled out a small section of paperwork for the insurance and then that was all we had to do. The vet submitted the claim on our behalf and then Bow Wow did the rest. Our claim was submitted on Monday afternoon and by Thursday afternoon, the money was back in our account! We were reimburse the full 80% as per our policy. I am SO impressed with how quickly our claim was dealt with and processed and how stress free it was. I will definitely be recommending Bow Wow Meow to all our friends and family.

Claim ApprovedYes
That is great to hear! Thank you for the review Connor.

Bow Wow Pet Ins response and claim process was very positive.

Setting up the initial policy for our Rhodesian Ridgeback was simplified with the aide of the online process. The critical care and Vet procedure claim re-payments were sufficient as the policy is comprehensive. The response time/s were also adequate for the processing, with staff being very helpful. The pricing of the policy has increased however over the four years of ownership. In general the insurance, online processing and staff were excellent. Bow wow lived up to the 80% return coverage, so thank you for helping in such a critical and highly stressful time.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Dean, thanks for the review. I am glad the claim process was a positive one.

Great and no issues...but you need to get it day 1

We got our dog Toby 5 years ago, and took out a Bow Wow Meow Policy the day we got him as a pup. After the initial paperwork and vet appointments for the initial tests i can say that this policy has paid for itself 100 times over. Toby has had several surgeries and other issues of the years and we have NEVER had any issues claiming anything. However you need to make sure you get the policy the day you get your new pet. The longer you leave it, the more the risk that something can come up or be argued as 'pre existing'

Claim DateApril 2015
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Damian, we are pleased we have been able to assist. Thank you for the review.

Shockingly Bad

Price increased by more than 30% after the first year and instead of being similar to other insurance companies it because the worst. Would rather burn the money than give to these morons.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi zzdavlan, it is very possible that you had a puppy promo code in place for year 1, which provides a 16% discount in the 1st year. The effective increase in yr 2 would then be 14% not 30%. However, please can you e-mail your policy number through to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate and get back to you. Many thanks.

You never know

I think the policy is excellent value and the claim process clear and prompt. You never know when you are going to need the back up of a good insurance policy. I have been with Bow Wow for more than nine years. I have owned dogs all my life and never had serious vet bills. But my darling Jack was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago and thanks to my insurance I have been able to get him the best vet care. Unfortunately he is no longer in remission but is happy, comfortable and enjoying life. Bow Wow has given him 18 months more time and maybe a bit longer. You never know.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Janina, I am so sorry to hear about Jack. However, we are happy we played a part in giving him another 18 plus months. Thank you for the review and glad to hear Jack is happy and still enjoying life.Thanks Janina

Best Pet Insurance Ever

Great value. Easy to set up. Claim process was seamless and quick. I have been with Bow Wow Meow for over a year. Will continue with them as the are great.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Sam, great to hear...thank you for the review.

Quick and painless claiming

I have 2 dogs and been with BWM for 3 years+.
My girl had 2nd cruciate surgery (7 months apart) and claiming was incredibly fast and easy, only taking days.
Couldn't be without my having pet insurance definitely think money well spent for all pet owners.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for the review Sally. Glad we were able to assist with the costs.You are welcome, as I only spoke the truth about awesome service. I recommend Bow Wow Meow all the time (and I'm involved with 2 rescues)

Insurance When Needed

My little dog, aged 6, required surgery for both legs. She had prior surgery for patella, but then the cruciate failed on that leg years later. With the extra stress on her then functional leg, both were not coping. Double leg surgery was required and our little dog post surgery 6 weeks is recovering well. Bowwow insurance paid out on the $3200 claim within a week. Admittedly 80% paid, as per policy, thank you Bowwow.

Number of Pets3 pets
Claim ApprovedYes
Poor thing.... glad to hear she is recovering well and happy we could assist with her treatments. Thanks for the review Pam.

Hassle free claim resolution and quick payment

Whilst Pet insurance can be expensive, It has been well worth it. Despite having initially been provided the incorrect email address to send medical history to, once I received the correct address, the claim was processed and funds received in 7 business days. We had an extension of the claim in which our Pablo had to return to the vet due to flare-up of the infection which was processed super quick. I would highly recomend Bow Wow Meow as they have served us well so far.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Matthew, thank you for the review. Glad it was processed quickly once we had all the claim data.

Wish I got it earlier

I feel my product is good value. Recently my dog has needed 2 surgeries which I wouldn’t have had the money to do with out the insurance. Best part is that the vet lodges the claim directly with Bow Wow and needs no interaction from me. Processed very fast. Thanks!

Great to hear - thanks Kal

Easy resolution of claim

Our dog just had her second cruciate ligament surgery done, and the reimbursement was super easy and quick. The first one was a little more effort to get her medical history submitted, especially since a chunk of that was through vets in the US. They don’t have to save medical records for longer than 5 years. Once I explained that and that she moved over 7 years ago that claim was processed quickly also.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for the review S P. Glad we were able to assist.

Maya's review

We checked around and found Bow Wow Meow to be competitive. Our 1st claim process was a little painful but we got there eventually. Policy taken out 6 months ago.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks Paul. Sorry it took so long but glad it came through in the end. Once we have received all the vet history, the claim process definitely becomes more smooth.

Great value, excellent service. Have been with the company for 3 years and cannot fault the service. It only takes 5 days to claim and be reimbursed. Highly recommend Bow Wow Meow.

Great to hear. Thanks for the review Michelle

Peace of mind with great Customer Service

I feel my policy cover for my pet is good value, it is so easy to make a claim using the on line app and generally have my refund in about 2 to 3 days. I've made many claims in a year and just recently I made a 2nd claim for something that you can claim once in a year but as a goodwill gesture Bow Wow Meow insurance covered the 2nd claim, more than happy with the customer service I have received over the 8yrs I've had this cover for. I'd recommend too anyone to take up this insurance for there beloved pet it is 100% peace of mind that you have coverage at any time it is needed.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you Fiona. Good to hear we have brought you so much peace of mind over the last 8 years.

Peace of mind and so easy to claim

Super easy to set up as claiming is even easier. Peace of mind knowing we are backed by bow wow for our fur baby.
Have been with them just under 12 months but have had to make a few claims.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Jemma, thanks for sharing.

Good policy but feel consultions rebate could be higher
Been with BowWow for five Years and our claims have been handled efficiently
And money transferred to our bank in a timely manner

Claim ApprovedYes

Exceptional service from BWM over eight+ years.

The following is our reply to BWM, who recently asked our opinions of their product and service (March 2019).

"Your enquiry is very timely, as we have - as I'm sure you know - made several recent and quite large claims on the Bow Wow Meow policy for a nasty injury suffered in mid-January by our precious Shetland Sheepdog, Honey. Touching wood, he is now almost at the end of his successful treatment - which, by the way, was of outstanding care, compassion, and outcome from Queensland Veterinary Specialists.

To answer your question more specifically, yes, we are, and in the eight years or so always have been, been extremely satisfied with our dealings with you. The communication when you receive our claims is excellent, and payment quick, detailed, and transparent. And given Honey's chronic skin-condition, which will endure until he no longer does, it would have become a significant financial burden without the cover we have with you.

To go further, it has been (and is) my intention, once Honey has had his final check-up on the 20th, to insert a post into our widely-circulated local community on-line website, telling the story of his accident, lauding QVS, and above all pleading with other pet owners to ensure they have pet health cover: we are constantly amazed at how many do not. In the doggie circles that we move in the talk is often of which vet one uses, and which pet health company is favoured. We always sing the praises of Bow Wow Meow for reasons noted above, and I will be only too happy to post these words on the product review website that you quoted, and will also e-mail you a copy of my post on the local community website in due course.

But - and there's always a 'but' isn't there? - I do find your company's name mildly embarrassing to use - it's almost Enid Blyton-ish! I struck up a friendly relationship with the front desk admin staff at QVS on our many recent visits, and we developed a little word-play in which I was asked on each visit "what's the name of your insurance company?", and I play-acted covering my mouth and mumbling the words behind my hand, to much hilarity there! Why not 'Sensible Pet Health Insurance'? (Only joking of course!).

Yours..

Lawrence and Brenda WATSON

P1050085.JPG
(above) not so happy...

P1040251.JPG
(above) - happier days!"

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Eric, thank you for the thorough review. Glad our name brings so much delight and care to all.

can’t live without it !

Easy to organise a claim on the customer portal. Staff always helpful and willing to assist. So grateful thanks bow wow meow have been with BWM for 6 months and it’s been a great experience.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for the review Jax. Glad to hear all has gone well.

My dog has had Bow Wow Pet insurance for six years and I was told today he has diabetes will his treatment be covered by Bow Wow pet insurance?
Hi Judith, please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au with the above question and I will confirm with our claims team. Many thanks.

I have 2 dogs aged 6.I have been researching pet insurance. My elderly parents( both in 90's) have asked me to take their dog ( aged 7)when they passover. Non of the dogs have any pre existing conditions and are healthy.No hesitation here but can I get a policy to cover my dogs and theirs under MY name as they are pensioners. If no, then when I do take on their dog it maybe over the age of 9. What then?
You will need a full vet history from birth for the dog or the pet insurance will be a waste of time. So if the dog has only been to the one vet should be easy enough but if not, any pet insurance will not allow you to claim and it would be a waste of money. Generally you cannot insure a pet for first time over 9 years of age but check insurance PDS.

I am considering starting a policy for our 2 dogs. I'm concerned that the premiums will skyrocket each time the policy is renewed. My dogs are 7 and 8. What annual % increase can I expect? If I make a claim, does that result in premium increasing? If so, by how much? Also, with the 10% for second dog, do I get that discount each time the policy is renewed? Thanks.
Hi Jenny, these are all great questions. It is difficult to answer though as premiums are also dependent on variables that are not known such as vet inflation and the claim frequency of our book. Your claim history does have a small impact on premium. The 10% multi pet discount, is a discount that is applied through the life of the policy so you do retain it on renewal. With older pets, premiums do increase. We try limit this to a cap of 15% as we like to avoid raising prices by huge amounts (it is important to note that there is no pricing guarantee and we reserve the right to increase if need be though). Hope this helps answer your questions.I can guarantee that your premiums will skyrocket with this company which is why I cancelled the 3 policies I had with them many years ago which cost me far more than I ever got back. Also 2 policies increased with no claims as much as one policy with claims so don't believe them when they say claim history impacts premiums. Your premiums will increase to cover the cost of the many morons having expensive, unnecessary treatment just because they have insurance not because their pets need it. Take out accident only insurance elsewhere, find a great homeopathic vet who will keep your dogs healthy & you will find that costs far less.Hello I have to agree with this policy holder .. I too have just received my policy renewal for our dog who is just over one year old. Only made one small claim and my policy has increased $276 I could not believe that my policy increased by so much I have only had the policy for 1 year so I can only imagine how much it will increase next year and so on . I am now in the process of looking elsewhere for my pet insurance and cancelling this policy ( hence how I have stumbled across these reviews ) I called bow wow meow and got someone who gave me the same ridiculous response as above... excuses My opinion read all the reviews and carefully read the insurance covers and exclusions too And I agree I too have found a great homeopathic vet

Similar listings