Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Accident Plus

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Accident Plus

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (6) · <1 week (3) · 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (9) · No (0)

Lucy

LucySouth West, WA

Peace of mind

Good value for peace of mind accident cover. Resolved claim in an efficient manner, very simple process to follow and received claim funds promptly. Insured with Bow Wow for over 11 years now.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Social Team S.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Lucy, thanks for your review. We appreciate your loyalty and are so glad that you are happy with our service!
Kind regards, Lindsey.

Angela

AngelaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Re improvements to online claims

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019

Could not be happier.

First claim in four years, and was blown away by everything. Used Gap Only and also Online claims for initial IVDD vet visit and then subsequent specialist surgery. Have a happy walking dog who otherwise would not be with us. Happy to recommend Bow Wow Meow to anyone.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Libby! Glad it went well. Feedback re new plans noted too.

Kelsey Briggs

Kelsey BriggsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So easy & great prices. Very compassionate customer service too

So easy, made one claim the process was quick and simple and everyone was so lovely on the phone. Our claim was submitted and refunded within days simply by uploading on the portal

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Kelsey. Glad it has gone well!

Bow Wow Meow Pet insurance is a saviour!! Could not live without it!

Ive been with Bow wow for almost 4years. The Policy is great, the ladies on the phone are always very helpful & Claims are dealt with efficiently and processed within 5 business days. I highly recommend bow wow to everyone I know.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Belle, thanks for the review... that's great to hear.

Eastern Brown snake bite

Our dog was bitten by an Eastern Brown snake. She fortunately survived. The cost of Emergency Care was significant. Also it was after hours. Our claim was easy to submit, and was paid promptly without requiring any further correspondence. Would highly recommend them.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the review Jon. Glad she survived and the claim went smoothly.

Mc C.

Mc C.Perth, WA

The second year is where they get you

Initial on sign up the process was easy and there was a promo offer, The second year renewal notification arrives and its a 30% higher premium. Sorry but that is just not on, you are taking advantage of people and no lame reasons they you offer justify that much of an increase.

Claim MadeNo

Highly Recommend

So glad we took out cover for our pet from the start. Easy to claim and monitor with Bow Wow Meow’s pet portal and communication and claims are settled quickly and efficiently. Based on past experience I highly recommend.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Good to hear! Thanks for sharing Happy Customer.

Margot

MargotVictoria

Help when needed most

My giant breed dog has had some major health issues this year which have been difficult to resolve. I have had to make several claims and I have found Bow Wow Meow to be very efficient in their processing of those claims. It has certainly removed the financial stress from our situation. Based on my experience so far, I would highly recommend BWM.

Claim DateMay 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for sharing Margot. I hope you get to the bottom of your dog's health issues.

Peace of mind

Good policy but increases are high, been with them for over 7 years, love a reduction or discount peace of mind for my two pets and myself, accident and illness cover.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Belinda and for being such a loyal customer. Please email your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I can get our team to see if there is anything we can do when it comes to your policy. Many thanks.

Robert

RobertYarralumla 2600, ACT

Yet another great experience with Bow Wow Meow!

I have been with Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance for around ten years. My previous dog had serious health problems requiring expensive treatment. Bow Wow Meow were great throughout. Now we have a rescue greyhound, Ellie, who has not had any health worries until just recently. She had a suspicious lump which needed removal. Bow Wow Meow paid what I was entitled to quickly and efficiently. I just love the new online claim process which is completed by my Vet; so easy and trouble free. Well done, Bow wow Meow!

Claim DateApril 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for that Robert. Glad it went well.

ALF

ALF

I wouldn't even give them one star

Rip off merchants. As your dog/pet ages they hardly cover anything. As our dog was coming into being 8-9 years old they knocked back the only two claims I have ever made - both more than legitimate. Even our vet was surprised and has stopped recommending them based on this. I am going to send it all to the Insurances Commission to review.

So I suggest to people considering taking out a policy with them. Only do so if your pet is a puppy/kitten etc onwards. Review when they are around 8 years old and/or just cancel it as things will be rejected from then on. (I have answered no to 'Did you make a claim' - we did but both were knocked back...)

Insurance claim madeNo

CrvLod

CrvLodsydney

Accident insurance doesn't cover accidents.

Bow wow meow accident coverage not worth the paper it's written on. I signed both my dogs up for accident only coverage several years ago. Lodged a claim this year after my dog ingested a poisonous berry and died of toxicity poisoning. Apparently toxicity from a berry is an 'illness' not an accident whereas toxicity from a snake bite is an accident. If a human were to ingest a poisonous berry, I'm pretty sure they would be presenting to the accident & Emergency department not their local GP for an 'illness'. Just as the home insurance industry received an overhaul in 2010 due to their inaccurate wording of 'flood' in their policies the same needs to occur in the pet insurance industry with the fraudulent wording of their policies.

Insurance claim madeYes