Verifiedbowwowinsurance.com.au🏆 2024 Award

CaitlinSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
Elizabeth R
Elizabeth R

Couldn't be happier

So easy, so fast. Couldn't be happier. Organised for me by the vet. Show details ·  1
Shaylee J.
Shaylee J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing service

I recommend Bow Wow Meow to everyone I know who are looking into Pet Insurance. The claims process is seamless and very quick. Show details ·  1
Margaret Bell
Margaret BellMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best Pet Insurance

I have been with Bow Wow for Kamie for 1 1/2 years. I have found the call centre to be very helpful & informative with whatever I asked. I have never had to claim before joining bow wow so I was amazed how quickly the benefit was paid out. I would certainly recommend Bow wow pet insurance to everyone. Show details ·  1
Linda M.
Linda M.Perth, WA

Quick Claim Process

I have lodged a claim on 2nd May 2024. The entire claim resolution process was quick. The initial assessment was completed within a day, and after I submitted all the necessary documentation, the final approval and payment were processed promptly. Show details ·  1
louisejbates
louisejbates

Good until it wasn’t

I was with BWM for 4 years and in that time only made 1 claim worth $275. The claim process was seamless and fast which was good. However, the $400 increase in premiums when I’ve practically claimed nothing in 4 years is ludicrous. To put it in perspective, I pay $1100/yr to insure my car for $50k, yet BWM think it’s acceptable to charge $1820/yr for pet insurance with an annual benefit limit of $15k. Absolutely appalling! Show details
pen22
pen222 posts

Better assistance than expected

Very happy with the cover, heading into our 5th year. We just pay the gap at the clinic for the medications required for our dogs medical condition. Show details ·  1
Krystel
KrystelTownsville3 posts
  Peace of Mind

Great customer service, they love animals, and appreciate their long term customers Show details ·  1
Chloe C
Chloe CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Friendly and accomodating

Easy and quick phone call and generous to loyal customers. Matt was absolutely lovely and offered excellent service. Would recommend Bow Wow Meow to my friends and family. Show details ·  1
Jenny
Jenny

A good one

We took this insurance because we used it for our old dog and we’re very pleased with how it went. The policy is good, and very quick answer. The only thing I didn’t realize is that medication and vet bills are not included for anxiety issues Show details ·  1
Gabbie
Gabbie

Frankie’s broken leg

My vet always lodges my claim every time Frankie goes for his broken leg. Show details ·  1
CharlieRose
CharlieRoseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Verified Peace of Mind

Steep annual cost increases despite no claims

Signed up with these guys in April 2022 at $45 pcm. After 12 months I was being charged $52, and 12 months later, it was upped again to $64 a month - for the same cover. I made zero claims in those 2+ years, my cat is healthy, and only 4 years old. I now know the increased cost was communicated to me in on page 7 of an 80 page booklet attached to an email. There was no mention of the increased cost ammount in the body of the email, which I feel is unethical. I have just since switched to a different insurer with better cover for $39 pcm. Show details
Debra
Debra

Quick and easy process

Great service. Quick to accept our claim and to make the payment. The process for submitting the claim was very easy too. Show details ·  1
Heidi A.
Heidi A.

Claim for illness

Was fast and helpful in the claim process
And so the care and good work was noticed and well received Show details ·  1
KARINA D.
KARINA D.Perth, WA

Peace of mind with Bow Wow Meow

I'm extremely happy with my insurance. My dog has had some health issues recently for the past two months and Bow Wow Meow have paid each bill I've sent so quickly. Thank you. Show details ·  1

Narelle C.
Narelle C. · Peace of Mind

If I get the 3 months free that is currently offered for new customers, can I cancel my policy before the 3 months are up without being charged anything?

Jayda
Jayda · Peace of Mind

Hi, we have had Bow Wow insurance since 23 September 2018 when our American Bulldog was 2 mths old. We decided to cancel it in September 2021. Our dog starting having issues with her elbow in August 2021 and we took her to the vet to get treated but did not claim. Now she requires a CT scan and possible operation for her elbow and we are wondering if we reinstate our policy if this will be covered and if there is a waiting period. Thanks Jayda

Andrew
Andrew · Peace of Mind

Hi guys, we just took out a Peace of Mind cover for our 1 year old boxer. He has had a lump removed from his stomach previously (benign). Since boxers are prone to random lumps over their lifespan, I would be interested to know if he developed another random lump elsewhere that we opted to remove via surgery, would this fall under an unrelated condition or a pre-existing condition due to the fact he has had one removed before?

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Andrew, please email the above question and your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so we can check and get back to you. Many thanks

Jonathan Jones
Jonathan Jones

I can guarantee that they will argue it is ore existing. They are the worst insurer

Max
Max

They like to blame the vet too, saying they put the wrong dates in so it can't be covered.

Compare all Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance listings
Minimum Pet Age 8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedNot Included
Routine Care CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Tick Paralysis $2,000$3,000$1,200
Emergency Boarding Fees $500 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.$1,000 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.$500 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period 21 Days21 Days21 Days
Consultation Fees300300300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions 2,6002,6002,600
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days
Discounts / OffersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holdersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holdersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holders
Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Awards 2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more