Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Peace of Mind

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Peace of Mind

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (12) · 2-4 weeks (7) · <1 week (7) · 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (2)

LMERR

LMERRMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Don't pay 80% increase fees (as remove GST first) increased premium annually over 50% year on year. Also treat all vet visits as different issues even when returning on a different day for the same condition.

Social Team S.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

I can't stress enough - Do not use this product.

I have just had my insurance claim turned down . No reason given other than the fact that my patella injury is not covered. Yet nowhere in the paper work is this disclosed.
This is a really expensive mistake for me - I just beg other people to please please not use this insurer! I have just paid $3500 out on vet care to not even have a properly worded letter sent on why the issue was refused.
I am currently now involved in having to take legal advice and contact the insurance ombudsman about this firm.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim ApprovedNo
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues and we would like to investigate it further. Would it be possible to send an email to social@bowwow.com.au with your policy number so we can do so? Thanks so much.

Social Team S.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Excellent Insurance and Customer Care

We couldn't be happier with the care that Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance has provided for our three cats. Their genuine care and concern for the health and wellbeing our pets has far exceeded our expectations.
Liana in the Customer Care Team has been exceptional to deal with - thank you so much Liana! You are a gem!
We also have friends who have pets insured with them and they too are very happy.
If you are considering a pet insurer, you won't be disappointed.
Highly recommended.

Number of Pets3 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim MadeNo
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to see that we have met or exceeded your expectations Sophie. Thank you for the review and recommendation.

Blair

BlairSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy claims with good turn around times

It was a very stressful time for us having our little puppy in emergency. I was so relieved to find that the claims process was so easy and efficient. You cannot judge an insurance company until it comes to claim time and for me Bow Wow was absolutely fantastic!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the review Blair. Happy to hear that it went well!

I have recently made two claims for significant operations for each of my two dogs. Bow Wow Meow processed the claims quit, and worked directly with my vet to get additional information required for processing. I couldn’t be happier with their service and general coverage of the policy.

Number of Pets3 pets
Claim DateNovember 2019

Great to hear. Thanks you for the review Happy in Darwin

Hannah

HannahPerth, WA

Loved it! Until recently...

I had nothing but positive things to say about Bow Wow Meow until recently! I rang up to discuss removing Routine Care off my policy when my policy renews, because this is something I was told I could do when I took out my policy a year ago! But when I tried to do this I was told I would have to pay $105 instead of $71 a fortnight to remove it! How does that even make sense? Pay more money for less coverage?

Im very disappointed as Im now stuck with something I dont want on my policy especially when I didnt want to really take it out to begin with, I was talked into it!

Claim DateDecember 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Hannah, that does sound really strange. Please can you email your policy number with the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will investigate. Many thanks

SammyJ

SammyJAnnandale

Not happy! Taking my business somewhere else!

We have had our policy for one year and until recently have been quite happy and all claims paid on time. When it came time to add our new puppy to our existing policy the process was an absolute nightmare! Not only was I unable to add the new puppy online using our existing portal, the wait time on the phone was often 20 mins or longer to speak with someone and when I did get through the customer service staff were abrupt and rude! The last straw for me was when I was told as an existing customer that the premium per month for the new puppy (same breed by the way) would be $30 more a month! When I queried that the staff member was dismissive and I found another policy, a better policy so would not recommend Bow Wow!!!!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Sammy, I am sorry you feel this way. I am happy to investigate the pricing for you or have you changed insurers already?

Jacstar

JacstarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome service and claim settled within three days!!!!!!!!

My 18 month old Cavoodle recently required a trip to the Vet Emergency hospital and subsequent follow ups with my local Vet. The claim was submitted and settled quickly (three days). Awesome service. Could not recommend Bow Wow Meow highly enough!!!!!!

Claim DateDecember 2019

So glad we could assist! Thanks Jacstar

Fantastic people. Taken the dollar trauma out of the trauma

Easy set up. Terms good. Premium very good
Claims are easy on portal and prompt payment . Gap option at some vets
Changed from another two months ago and so pleased we did

Claim DateNovember 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to hear! Thanks for the review Jules.

LAUREN KENT

LAUREN KENTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best $47 a month we spend!

Such a small amount of money per month that really gives us peace of mind, to be able to give our fur family member the very best care when (unfortunately) it is needed. Very easy to set up. Their claim process is so easy & streamlined. We have needed to claim twice in 18 months & each claim has been processed in under 3 weeks. Very happy customers!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Lauren. Glad you have found value in our policies and that it all went smoothly.

Helen

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with low limit on vet consult fees

Our dog became very ill overnight (vomiting and bloody diarrhoea) and we had to rush her to an emergency vet. The consult fee was $130. After an overnight stay, we took our dog back to her regular vet ($74 per consult) the following morning. We had to make multiply visits to our vet before the problem was diagnosed three weeks later. After lodging my claim, I was advised that consultation fees are only covered up to $300 per year. I am very disappointed by this low limit and annoyed that I am significantly out of pocket after my pet's recent illness. I will probably not renew my insurance with Bow Wow Meow next year.

Eliza

ElizaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So glad we got pet insurance

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Eliza. Glad we were able to cover most of the cost with very little hassle. We wish your dog a speedy recovery.

Deb

DebWestern Australia

Great Insurance Experience.

Am first time insurer & no regrets. Recent claim with rebate lodged by vet upon payment. Bow Wow text claim progress & rebate received in bit over a week. Fabulous product & service.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Good to hear this Deb. Thank you for the review.

Julie Allman

Julie Allman

So glad I chose Bow Wow Meow

Could not be more pleased with policies with Bow Wow; have 5( 4 cats and 1 dog) all insured with this company. Claim process very easy have never regretted taking out insurance with this company.

Number of Pets5 pets
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to hear...thanks for the review Julie.

Simon M

Simon MCanberra 2600, ACT

Really good experience

Bow Wow Meow was absolutely fantastic when my dog was having treatment for cancer.

My vet was able to lodge every claim automatically (so no paperwork for me) and the money was usually in my account in less than a week.

Bow Wow Meow covered 80% of everything (plus annual excess) and didn't dispute any claims. There were a couple of administrative stuff-ups I had to contact the company about but they were fixed very quickly.

Bases on my experience I'd definitely recommend them. Just make sure you read all the terms carefully before you sign up as they do have some limits and exclusions (e.g. they wont cover anything dental). But overall I was very impressed, especially as they are one of the cheaper options!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the review Simon. Glad we met or exceeded expectations.

nicoleandmavvie

nicoleandmavvieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy customer

Couldn't be happier with Bow Wow Meow. We lodged an expensive claim after only holding our policy for a few weeks and the whole experience was smooth and speedy. Really impressed. Organised our insurance within the first week of bringing our puppy home and so glad we did - accidents happen.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi NicoleandMavvie, thank you for the review. We are really glad we were able to assist and glad you had pet insurance as soon as you got your pup.

Broseph24

Broseph24Sydney, NSW

Great pet insurance plan and service! No issues so far

We have 2 cavoodle dogs that have a Peace of Mind policy.
So far so good. Claiming is easy and can be done online. It does take a few days to process.
The only issue was we weren't communicated that there was a new policy "Peace of Mind, Ultimate".
We were on a previous policy with limited limits etc. Our old policy remained and not changed to the new one automatically nor was we notified of new policy plans.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Thanks for the review and for the feedback Broseph24

Ben

BenCentral Queensland, QLD

Can't believe I Needed It So Early!

We only took it out at the beginning of the year for our pup and we needed only a few months later. We submitted the claim through our vet and never had a problem. The response was very quick and we received our claim payment within 2 weeks of making it. Very impressed.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to hear Ben. Thank you for the review.

Money for nothing

Money for nothingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Easy Experience

We recently lodged a claim for our dog after ten years with Bow Wow Meow. A big thank you for the ease of experience and prompt resolution of our claim. It was great to know there was a safety net supporting us when we needed it.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Money for nothing, that great to hear.

Vicky

VickySydney, NSW

Terrible!!! Go somewhere else... they will dispute on a technicality issue.

You can get cheaper pet insurance with greater coverage if you shop around...you lodge a claim and they inform you that on a technical issue they cant cover you. They wouldnt even provide me with the information they based their decision on. Wasnt much claimed about $100 yet they wouldnt even reconsider... wasnt even worth disputing with them in the end. Obviously they dont want to keep their customers happy.

Claim ApprovedNo
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Vicky, I am so sorry you had a negative experience with us. I would love to investigate this to see if there is anything we can do. Please email insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number and the above review. Thank you.

See all Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance reviews