Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Ultimate Care

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Ultimate Care

Disappointed

DisappointedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Peace of mind

I have been with BWM since my JackRussell was a pup, he is now five. Recently he required emergency treatment and a stay at the vet. The claim was speedily processed and the refund paid without delay.

Claim ApprovedYes

It has answered my needs in the last three years of my two dogs' lives

We have been with them for 16 years approx. The last three to four years were good when our elderly dogs. The claims were well processed well and in a timely. We felt it to be well adequate to our needs.

Lola

LolaSouth-East, TAS

Prompt and efficient handling of claims

I have been with this company for 8 years, and although premiums are now quite high, as my dog ages, this is obviously when more Veterinary care and associated expenses may escalate. I have been extremely satisfied with the way my frequent , recent claims have been handled. I have been kept informed of their progress, and service has been efficient and prompt. Although I wish that it were possible to claim more than $300 annually for Vet consultations, I would still highly recommend Bow Wow Meow. Thank you for a great service.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Great benefits but slow claim process

I have 2 policies for my rotties and the benefits are great but when it comes to the claim process it can be really long and drawn out before you receive the remittance payment. sometimes up to 2 weeks before you see the funds and majority of the time you need the money back asap.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Emily, thank you for the review. The claim payment should not take so long though. My apologies....please can you email insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number and the above review so that we can investigate. Thanks

Alicia

AliciaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic policy and amazing customer service.

I currently have two policies active and they were very easy to set up, value is great and very affordable. One of my girls broke her leg and required surgery after only have our insurance for a few months but all claims were processed so quickly and its been such a relief during a very stressful time. Customer service has been amazing, all queries and questions have been answered quickly and efficiently. I could not be happier with this company.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank for the review Alicia. Glad we have met or exceeded expectations.

Bel Howse

Bel HowseSouth West, WA

They have been fantastic every claim processed no questions asked

Every claim has been processed promptly and according to policy. No grey areas or surprises. Would highly recommend. Have been with Bow Wow for 9 years. Easy to set up and excellent value for money. Joined when my dog was a puppy and have made a few really big claims.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Bel, we are so happy to hear this and glad we could assist with your furry family member. Thanks for the review.

Beth

BethPerth, WA

Dont ask them to change anything on the policy

Clint N.

Clint N.Perth, WA

I work in the insurance industry and Bow Wow knows insurance!!

Bow Wow Meow are excellent insurers - easy to set up, easy to get a hold of, and efficient with their claims. We have our english staffy treated monthly for allergies and we aren't part of the claims process as its all done between our vet and BWM. I'd say any negative outcomes are a result of policy holders not reading and taking time to understand the product disclosure statement because hands down BWM are awesome (and no I do not work for BWM and am not affiliated in any way, other than being a happy policy holder)

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Clint, this is really good to hear. Thanks for the review and glad we could assist with you Staffie's allergies.

ellakate76

ellakate76South East Queensland, QLD

Provided support when we most needed it

I joined Bow Wow Meow in 2011 for peace of mind and that is exactly it has provided. Whilst both my dogs are in great health we have had three very unexpected events with one of our Pugs, two in close succession in 2019. In total I would have faced over $12,000 in Vet bills, something I may not have been able to do. Knowing I had insurance gave me total confidence to go ahead with surgeries and my fur baby still being here. Since moving to online claiming, turnaround times are unbelievably quick and with Bow wow Meow following any reports from Vets, there is no running around needed.
Thank you Bow Wow Meow!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Ellakate76, thanks so much for the review. Glad we could assist with the hefty surgery expenses you were faced with. Hope all is well with your Pug now.

sue20Perth, WA

Dreadful , all ok until you need to claim then they do everything to avoid paying out

My dog was sick. Went to 1 vet. Wasn’t happy with the diagnosis so took him to another vet.
The second vet was thorough and sadly my dog was too ill to save
Bow wow meow put the $500 exess against each claim rather than treating the illness as 1 claim
So after paying them over $8000 in premiums they paid out only $825 of what was a $2500 total vet bill

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

OK thanks Sue20, I am happy to give to a specialist team to review. Up to you?

Matt h

Matt hSydney, NSW

Easy to claim

Doggo had a an accident in the house requiring ex Ray and Care. Was very straight forward to put in claim through the vet and paid very quickly. Pet insurance is a tricky one but we are happy.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Matt h, thank you for the review. Glad it went through easily and was paid in a prompt manner.

It came in handy...

Recently made a claim for my dog who had cruciate ligament surgery. While I received the sub limit for the surgery, other costs were not covered leading into the surgery; such as xrays and short hospital stay thebweek prior. Much like all insurances in this area, greater clarity needs to be given for what is covered. The up to 80% back on most vet bills needs to be revisited as I only received about 60% back. While I am still out of pocket; which I knew I would be, my dog is well.

Claim DateJuly 2019

HonestyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Beware of this company and their price hikes each year.

Number of Pets5 pets

Gabrielle

GabrielleLaunceston, TAS

Amazing!

Amazing! Always receive the rebate in only a few days. So efficient! Staff are always so helpful too. Have not had a single issue as of yet. I recommend Bow Wow to EVERYONE

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks so much Gabrielle. We are glad we could assist and that the claims experience was a good one.

Worth every penny

It feels like a big expense, but it is so great when you are dealing with a loved pet, suddenly falling ill, and you have reassurance that you will not be immediately up for a huge fee

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks Alina Z. Glad we could help in your time of need.

Shona

ShonaCanberra 2600, ACT

Good value and highly responsive service for claims
I swapped insurers in January on advice from my daughter - very glad I did as my previous insurer was negative when it came to claiming

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the review Shona. Glad you have had a positive experience with us.

Madison C.

Madison C.South West, WA

Amazing cover, excellent service

I’ve been with bow wow meow for 2 years. Best investment I made. Claim process is so easy and so quick to get the money back. It is easy to use the portal online and when I contacted staff it was so quick and professional when I got a response back. Highly recommend!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

That's great to hear Madison. Appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Jeanette

JeanetteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best money ever spent for peace of mind

We compared many products and chose Bow Wow Meow for many reasons. Very easy to navigate around the website and choose the Insurance that we were happiest with. Our Vet lodges the claim for us and in no time it is back in our bank account. Just knowing that our dog is covered, is great peace of mind. no excess, high annual limit, dental covered. At 6 months we had desexing and hernia op covered a month later luxating patella surgery, all covered. Could not be happier. I see some bad reviews but often this is because people have not read the PDS.. or compared apples with apples..when getting a policy.

Claim DateJune 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Jeanette, appreciate for the review. Glad we have been able to match or exceed expectations.

sick ragdoll

sick ragdollSydney, NSW

Care for my sick kitty

My experience to date with Bow Wow Meow has been fantastic. Cosmo has been very sick for a few years now with kidney disease and they have been very helpful in assisting me with the claim process. Thank you!

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for sharing and glad we could assist Cosmo.

Phillippa

PhillippaPerth, WA

Simply the best

So happy with our policies, simple to make claims that are processed very quickly with regular updates. We are just coming up for 2 years and could not be happier

Number of Pets3 pets