Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Ultimate Care

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Ultimate Care

Insurance rejected

My dog had surgery for peritonitis from bowel perforation, which happened after delivering a litter of puppies. The vets have said they don't know what caused the bowel to perforate and the issue is not pregnancy related. The insurance claim was rejected saying it's pregnancy related!!! It took over 3 weeks for them to reject the claim. I have asked them again and again that if I get a letter from the specialist saying the condition was not pregnancy will they cover the claim? They won't answer and keep going back to it was pregnancy related without any other valid reason. I will be taking this matter further to the ombudsman.

Claim ApprovedNo
Dracon

Hi. I received an email days ago that resolution team is looking at the case but haven't heard anything back. The policy number is BW04914226. I have already sent another email but haven't received any response.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks Dracon, I have followed up with the Resolution team. They will be in touch ASAP. Sincere apologies for r the delay.

BondiBoy

BondiBoyNew South Wales, 2026

80% refund claim paid

Having reluctantly made the grudge purchase of cat insurance for my 6-month-old kitten in early December 2019, little did I know that it was the best choice that I could have financially made during the typically costly Christmas period.
Three months later my kitten accidentally fell 1.5 stories down from my balcony to the concrete floor below fracturing both arms and also dislocating one.
Following $10,033 of surgery and hospital treatment later, Bow Wow Meow effortlessly within 3 weeks promptly refunded 80% of my claim.
Never will I stray from taking out pet insurance or from Bow Wow Meow ever again!

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Bondi Boy, sorry to hear about your kitten. Glad we were there to help and that your claim was fast and easy. Thank you for the review and hope your kitty is making a full recovery.

Judy G

Judy GSouth West, WA

Easy claim process after my dog was operated on to remove a twist tie she’d eaten.

I received the stated 80% refund quickly and without any problems.
The claim process was easy as well.
Definitely happy I took out cover with Bow Wow Meow, which had been recommended to me.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Judy, thanks for the review and glad your claims went without a hitch.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Ultimate Care compares to other Pet Insurance

Wayne

WayneSydney, NSW

Fast & seemingly efficient

After being with Bow Wow for nearly 2 years Im very happy with policy and Bow Wow to date. All claims have paid up to amounts indicated in my policy. Would recommend Bow Wow to any pet owner.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Glad to hear that Wayne. Thanks for the review.

Ann-Maree Rogers

Ann-Maree RogersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Peace of Mind and then some ..

I've 5 pedigree large breed dogs insured with Bow Wow Meow. I've been with them for several years and recommend them to new puppy owners and other pet owners. Their claim process is usually quick, unless they need to investigate a new claim and research pet's health history. That can take a little longer, but they keep you informed of progress and work toward a quick resolution. I am a happy client!

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Number of Pets5 pets
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Ann-Maree Rogers. Appreciate the review and glad you are a happy client! Thank you.

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

Quick process. Get back what they say you will.

Claimed a few times for my cat and now once recently with my dog. My claims have been processed quite quickly each time and always got back what my policy said I would.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Good to hear. Thanks for the review Robert!

Koda Bear

Koda BearPerth, WA

Payments

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2018
Shanzel

Shanzel

Don't expect great service towards the end of policy life.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Shanzel, I am so sorry to hear this. Please can you email me your policy number with the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will look into this ASAP. Many thanks.

Robyn.Presley

Robyn.PresleyPerth, WA

More positives than negatives

Claim DateNovember 2019

Sooza

Sooza

So glad we had pet insurance

Although we all hate paying insurance (of any kind), you never know how grateful you are to have it, until something happens. I am so relieved we had Bow Wow

Claim DateNovember 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Glad we could help Sooza. Thanks for the review.

Ric

RicNorth Queensland, QLD

So Happy to have it

Ever since our little pup had her accident at 12weeks, BWM has been helpful and paid our major claims, even when she required further surgery over a year latter we had no issues.
Now we are not talking a few hundred dollars, we have spend over the $4k getting a specialist orthopaedic surgeon to operate on her injuries....
We could have only have done this after knowing that BWM was there to help us cover the costs, otherwise we may have had to consider the option that no pet lover wants to thinks about.
We are very happy that we have this cover..
Ric, Tash & of course Amber :)

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Glad we could assist Ric. Thanks for the review and wishing your little pup a speedy recovery.

Disappointed

DisappointedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Peace of mind

I have been with BWM since my JackRussell was a pup, he is now five. Recently he required emergency treatment and a stay at the vet. The claim was speedily processed and the refund paid without delay.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Disappointed. Glad the claim went well.

It has answered my needs in the last three years of my two dogs' lives

We have been with them for 16 years approx. The last three to four years were good when our elderly dogs. The claims were well processed well and in a timely. We felt it to be well adequate to our needs.

Claim MadeNo
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Sherry. Glad we could help out with any unforeseen bills.

Lola

LolaSouth-East, TAS

Prompt and efficient handling of claims

I have been with this company for 8 years, and although premiums are now quite high, as my dog ages, this is obviously when more Veterinary care and associated expenses may escalate. I have been extremely satisfied with the way my frequent , recent claims have been handled. I have been kept informed of their progress, and service has been efficient and prompt. Although I wish that it were possible to claim more than $300 annually for Vet consultations, I would still highly recommend Bow Wow Meow. Thank you for a great service.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Lola, thank you for your review. Good to hear that we have a prompt and efficient claims process.

Great benefits but slow claim process

I have 2 policies for my rotties and the benefits are great but when it comes to the claim process it can be really long and drawn out before you receive the remittance payment. sometimes up to 2 weeks before you see the funds and majority of the time you need the money back asap.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Emily, thank you for the review. The claim payment should not take so long though. My apologies....please can you email insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number and the above review so that we can investigate. Thanks

Alicia

AliciaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic policy and amazing customer service.

I currently have two policies active and they were very easy to set up, value is great and very affordable. One of my girls broke her leg and required surgery after only have our insurance for a few months but all claims were processed so quickly and its been such a relief during a very stressful time. Customer service has been amazing, all queries and questions have been answered quickly and efficiently. I could not be happier with this company.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank for the review Alicia. Glad we have met or exceeded expectations.

Bel Howse

Bel HowseSouth West, WA

They have been fantastic every claim processed no questions asked

Every claim has been processed promptly and according to policy. No grey areas or surprises. Would highly recommend. Have been with Bow Wow for 9 years. Easy to set up and excellent value for money. Joined when my dog was a puppy and have made a few really big claims.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Bel, we are so happy to hear this and glad we could assist with your furry family member. Thanks for the review.

Beth

BethPerth, WA

Dont ask them to change anything on the policy

Claim MadeNo
Clint N.

Clint N.Perth, WA

I work in the insurance industry and Bow Wow knows insurance!!

Bow Wow Meow are excellent insurers - easy to set up, easy to get a hold of, and efficient with their claims. We have our english staffy treated monthly for allergies and we aren't part of the claims process as its all done between our vet and BWM. I'd say any negative outcomes are a result of policy holders not reading and taking time to understand the product disclosure statement because hands down BWM are awesome (and no I do not work for BWM and am not affiliated in any way, other than being a happy policy holder)

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Clint, this is really good to hear. Thanks for the review and glad we could assist with you Staffie's allergies.

ellakate76

ellakate76South East Queensland, QLD

Provided support when we most needed it

I joined Bow Wow Meow in 2011 for peace of mind and that is exactly it has provided. Whilst both my dogs are in great health we have had three very unexpected events with one of our Pugs, two in close succession in 2019. In total I would have faced over $12,000 in Vet bills, something I may not have been able to do. Knowing I had insurance gave me total confidence to go ahead with surgeries and my fur baby still being here. Since moving to online claiming, turnaround times are unbelievably quick and with Bow wow Meow following any reports from Vets, there is no running around needed.
Thank you Bow Wow Meow!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Ellakate76, thanks so much for the review. Glad we could assist with the hefty surgery expenses you were faced with. Hope all is well with your Pug now.

See all Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance reviews