Brauer Baby & Child Teething

See the Best Child Medication in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It has worked wonders for my 1 year old

My 18 mo is teething and getting molers both up the top and down the bottom. The last couple of days he’s been an absolute grump and non stop whinging. Other symptoms have included, barely eating, drooling and refusing to have his dummy out at any point. Today he was the same and woke from his afternoon nap in a fit of rage throwing anything he could, non stop screaming and refusing to be consoled. I gave him some of the brauer liquid and his temperament completely changed. He’s been sooo calm all afternoon (4 hours) and didn’t even care whether his dummy was in or not. He has also been giving me plenty of cuddles without whinging, which is very different for him. It hasn’t helped with his fever at all, but it’s nice to see him so calm and relaxed.

Toxic -contains Belladonna

I realized that this product contains belladonna which is considered dangerous for babies. My baby broke out in a rash around their mouth. Also, products such as teething product Hyland also contain belladonna have been recalled in US and UK. Be careful what you give to your baby and best to be safe and avoid.

Great and only need the first .5ml dose.

My DS has been teething since he was 8 weeks. He's now 5 months and at first the Brauer kicked in quickly but wore off quickly too. Now I give it and he goes from whinging to talking in a minute. He calms right down and it's been a life saver. Don't need to do the full 4 doses. Only thing is I need to give it to him nearly every evening. But other than that. I don't see a problem with it. Also Belladonna is a sedative and only toxic in large quantities. So I feel the 1x .5ml dose is adequate.

Saved us!

My son started teething at 3.5 weeks. By 14 weeks he had 2 teeth. This is the only product available and safe for children under the age of 6 months and, my God, it works miracles. It takes effect quickly, usually within 10 minutes, and the difference in my baby boy is remarkable. Screaming to laughter in such a short time. Always remember that it's most effective half an hour before feeding and an hour after... Awkward for infants, but when you're desperate you find a way to balance the routine... Especially when it means good sleep.

I wouldn't recommend

I used this product on my 6 month old baby and it sedated her. It may have eased her teething pain but it was very unsettling seeing her in such a sedated state. I have since read that it contains belladonna which can be toxic, and cause such symptoms. I will not be using this product again.

Horrible!

Horrified to find out after my baby was extremely irritable and broke out with rash around her month that brauer products have toxic Belladonna! Didnt help her one bit, made her more restless and irritable! Had tried their sleeping product previously with the same side effects, should have worked this out then!!

Didn't work for us

Recommended by a friend, we were eager to provide my boy with some relief. We used exactly as stated on bottle, and unfortunately it had no effect whatsoever.
Tried multiple times, and it just provided him with no relief and no calming effect.
Obviously only works on some babies. As a natural alternative I found the Hylands teething tablets worked a lot better.
I also found the dosage of this quite excessive.

natural and amazing

I am so glad I used this product.. after finding the wch mouth paint was no good for my baby made him breathe funny I was on the hunt for relief.. absolutely love this gives him relief and doesnt scare me to use it. .

Happy baby

After being hesitant to give an early teether (3 months) panadol not knowing how many hours/days/weeks this teething business would last for, I thought I'd give this a try as little miss had been grizzly all morning (very unlike her.) Within minutes she was asleep and I had the comfort of knowing it is a natural remedy. Perfect!
Natural solution, fast relief

I am so grateful for this product

This product really worked for us. I found it to be so much more effective than panadol and teething gels given their limitations, quick wear off and difficulty in getting my child to take them. We love Brauers and had no problems with giving it. It was so effective and so quick that we often only had to give one dose or two doses over a couple of days..however on the occasion that a full dosage was required, I did find that it was best to follow the directions really strictly. When administered correctly it worked like magic for a much longer period of time. We had no negative side effects, just a really noticeable reduction in irritation and peaceful, fret-free sleep. Excellent.
quick, effective, tasty,
need to set a timer for the dosages, you can't be lazy

I found this Product Too Bee Really Helpful

Ive been using this on my now 6 month old daughter who's been teething since she was 5 months old & never had a bad reaction at all & Helps With Her Pain that She is getting From Teething Has Been Really Helpful Too Me & Finds it too relieve her pain With a good ten minutes & is helpful that can be every half hour up too 4 does if required & symptoms abate
Reliable
abit Expensive But Does Last Awile

Don't waste your time or money

The doseage is huge and every half hr for 4 doses is to me, too high maintanence. Late at night when teething problems tend to appear i do not 2hrs to wait around administering a rediculous amount of medicine. You go through the bottle quickly because of the amount you have to use. It doesn't help relieve my daughter at all. Save your time and energy and go with teething tablets
Tastes nice, smells nice

Terrible

I have finally decided to try this product on my 8 month old teething daughter, not only she hated the taste but the next morning she broke out in a rash.. it looked sort of like a heat rash. She needed antibiotics. I didn't realize at the time that this so called natural product contains. Belladona. Please please be careful of what you give to your babies.

contains belladonna

Life Saver

This has made a huge and instantaneous difference to all four of my children, where paracetamol and ibuprofen could not. Alleviating all symptoms within a few minutes. I'm a huge fan and regularly recommend it to anyone who'll listen! I love that it made my babies happy again so quickly!!
not paracetamol or ibuprofen and the kids love it

Made matters worse!

This product seems to have made my 7 month old really sick. Within an hour he was vomiting and hasn't been able to keep anything down for at least 3 hours and started vomiting bile. Has been ok in himself inbetween vomiting so he doesn't seem to be unwell with anything else, hence why I believe it was giving him this which started it. We won't be touching it again. I'd rather deal with a grumpy, restless, teething child than a sick one.
He didn't seem to mind the taste.
Seems to have caused vomiting.

Only product that worked

I tried the typical pain relief medications (Panadol, Nurofen) with my 9 month old son who was having terrible difficulty sleeping while teething. However, he was still waking up almost hourly during the night until I tried this product. I don't think it relieved the pain completely but he was much calmer and was able to get to sleep more quickly and for longer. Overall it was the best product we found.
Worked quickly, relieved distress, helped with sleeping
Didn't relieve pain entirely

Great when she is uncomfortable.

I also dislike to give my child panadol too often. This product worked really well for my daughter as she doesn't teeth too badly. When she is really uncomfortable I do tend to use panadol. The teething relief is a great alternative to use when she is uncomfortable rather than when she is in pain.
Natural. Great for when she is uncomfortable.
Great if your child is uncomfortable rather than in pain.

Seems to work

I wanted to give my daughter something natural for her teething pain, so that we could have a break from Panadol. I haven't given Brauer Teething Relief very ofthen to my baby, but I have noticed that when she is teething and I give it to her, she seems to be in a much better mood. She still fights sleep at times and bites everthing really hard, so I am not sure how much pain relief she is getting, but at least she is not in tears! So I would say that the product works ok for me, but I still keep Panadol handy just in case.
Natural, keeps baby happy, easy to find
Mild pain relief, but it's good for being a natural product

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out this was the only product that didn't make me drowsy and allowed me to return to work. The teething relief seemed to numb the area without making my whole mouth numb. The pippet was very handy in getting to the back of my gums. The pippet also has dose guide which would be handy for parents with baby/children.
I can only imagine teething relief it would work a treat on a teething baby.
It's not just for baby. It's natural, no strong medicine taste. I don't think there is any sugar but it has a slight sweet taste
nothing really.

Worked faster and more efficiently than paracetamol.

I was actually shocked by how quickly and effectively this works! My 9 week was able to calm from crying and her little eyes fell shut within 10 minutes of taking this - where we had previously given paracetamol and had to wait half an hour for only 45 minutes of relief! As a nurse I am all too familiar with the effects of paracetamol on the liver and the fact that it shouldn't be used consecutively for more than 48 hours for this reason (causes liver cell death with every dose). So thank goodness there is something safe and natural available that can be used for as long as the teething persists. I also use brauer colic relief when needed and would recommend brauer products to anyone :)
Safe, natural, can be used consistently over extended periods unlike paracetamol
My bub hates the taste - but some may not!

I accidentally almost triple dosed my two year old, and I can’t find any info online about if this is much of a danger? I am hoping because it is so diluted, and she isn’t a newborn, that it isn’t a big danger? Anyone solid answer though? I am an anxious worrier...
Hi, my husband is in chemistry. He has calculated the dosage needed to do any kind of damage and you would literally need to drink a fuel tanker full of this medicine to have any ill effects from it. The concentration is so low there is no need to be worried. Obviously the dosage is recommended the way it is for a medicinal reason, but these medicines are not toxic in any logical dosage.

I give my BB the mls and still don't see a difference.. I maybe have to do the 4 half hour dose.. Is it OK to mix with nurofin and bonjella?
If you want to use nurofen why bother with a natural remedy? The point is to avoid giving the liver toxic chemicals. This doesn't work instantly, bubs system has to reach a level of saturation for it to be effective. Follow the instructions and it works perfectly.If you want to use nurofen why bother with a natural remedy? The point is to avoid giving the liver toxic chemicals. This doesn't work instantly, bubs system has to reach a level of saturation for it to be effective. Follow the instructions and it works perfectly.I guess you could. Honestly I ended up getting my bubs an amber teething anklet and that helped lots. No more middle of the night wakings screaming in such pain and arching his back. Also reduced his drooling. Eventually (when his molars and canines were coming through) I ended up getting essential oils and making him a roller and putting g it along his jawline before sleep. That’s helped the best. That’s if you’re still interested in using natural remedies. I personally have never noticed bonjela to work.

I tried brauers teething liquid for 3 doses on my 5 month old and hasn't worked can I now try panadol?
I would strongly recommend getting a homeopathic remedy made.. i gave my little one panadol after the failed teething liquid which created me all sorts of problems! Allergies pain discomfort stuffed her whole digestive system up! after months we seeked a homeopath which reversed the damage..was advised then they have a remedy for teething that actually works and no side effects. In saying this every child is different just my experience. Good luck x

CategoryChild Medication