Brauer Baby & Child Teething

Brauer Baby & Child Teething

Justine
JustineRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Do not give this to your child

I gave my 4 month old one dose of this, about an hour after he stopped breathing. Luckily my partner thinked quick. This contains belladonna which is a poison! Do not give this to your teething baby, there are better products out there.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $16.99.

KiriSydney, NSW

Product doesn’t work

I bought this product a few months ago from my local chemist and it didn’t work well for my daughter.

I recommend giving nurofen/panadol or teething gel as that works almost instantly.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $16.99.

Rabia ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent product

I love bauers! We use the teething liquid And observed amazing results.
I am a lover of this brand of products.
Baby & Child Teething Gel includes ingredients such as
Chamomile, which is traditionally used in homeopathic medicine to help temporarily relieve the pain, discomfort and teething related. Its a great product definitely recommended!

Purchased in July 2018 at eBay.

PaulineSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is listed as an unsafe product in US

Belladonna is a poison also called deadly nightshade and is unregulated in homeopathic medicines. give this to your babies at your peril. Look up reputable sites like webmd.com to get accurate information. It is listed as 'unsafe' in ALL publications

Purchased in May 2019.

mark12
mark12Central West, NSW

Stay away from this

This is a very dangerous product, linked to deaths in the U.S. needs to be removed from sale. Caused my son to break out in a red rash. TOXIC product

Purchased in September 2019 for $10.95.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Sally
SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

It has worked wonders for my 1 year old

Toxic -contains Belladonna

I realized that this product contains belladonna which is considered dangerous for babies. My baby broke out in a rash around their mouth. Also, products such as teething product Hyland also contain belladonna have been recalled in US and UK. Be careful what you give to your baby and best to be safe and avoid.

Allie
AlliePerth

Great and only need the first .5ml dose.

My DS has been teething since he was 8 weeks. He's now 5 months and at first the Brauer kicked in quickly but wore off quickly too. Now I give it and he goes from whinging to talking in a minute. He calms right down and it's been a life saver. Don't need to do the full 4 doses. Only thing is I need to give it to him nearly every evening. But other than that. I don't see a problem with it. Also Belladonna is a sedative and only toxic in large quantities. So I feel the 1x .5ml dose is adequate.

Sarah
SarahSydney

Saved us!

My son started teething at 3.5 weeks. By 14 weeks he had 2 teeth. This is the only product available and safe for children under the age of 6 months and, my God, it works miracles. It takes effect quickly, usually within 10 minutes, and the difference in my baby boy is remarkable. Screaming to laughter in such a short time. Always remember that it's most effective half an hour before feeding and an hour after... Awkward for infants, but when you're desperate you find a way to balance the routine... Especially when it means good sleep.

I wouldn't recommend

I used this product on my 6 month old baby and it sedated her. It may have eased her teething pain but it was very unsettling seeing her in such a sedated state. I have since read that it contains belladonna which can be toxic, and cause such symptoms. I will not be using this product again.

brees
brees

Horrible!

Horrified to find out after my baby was extremely irritable and broke out with rash around her month that brauer products have toxic Belladonna! Didnt help her one bit, made her more restless and irritable! Had tried their sleeping product previously with the same side effects, should have worked this out then!!

Ekb
EkbBrisbane

Didn't work for us

Recommended by a friend, we were eager to provide my boy with some relief. We used exactly as stated on bottle, and unfortunately it had no effect whatsoever.
Tried multiple times, and it just provided him with no relief and no calming effect.
Obviously only works on some babies. As a natural alternative I found the Hylands teething tablets worked a lot better.
I also found the dosage of this quite excessive.

shaylie
shaylieadelaide

natural and amazing

I am so glad I used this product.. after finding the wch mouth paint was no good for my baby made him breathe funny I was on the hunt for relief.. absolutely love this gives him relief and doesnt scare me to use it. .

Happy baby

After being hesitant to give an early teether (3 months) panadol not knowing how many hours/days/weeks this teething business would last for, I thought I'd give this a try as little miss had been grizzly all morning (very unlike her.) Within minutes she was asleep and I had the comfort of knowing it is a natural remedy. Perfect!
Natural solution, fast relief

BrandyLove
BrandyLoveAU

I am so grateful for this product

Monalisa L.
Monalisa L.asked

Is it okay to give baby (almost 10months) Brauer teething liquid and Brauer Sleep liquid at the same time ?

Rabia Z

I think its not good to give together my personal opinion

Kiri

Probably not. Just give panadol and one choice of either brauer teething liquid or sleep liquid

Pauline

Chamomile (Matricaria Recutita), is an herb that it approved to treat cough and bronchitis, fevers, cold, inflammation, infection, wounds, and burns. It is believed by some to have sedative and anticonvulsant effects, and a small amount of research supports these effects (Medical Economics, 2007). As discussed in Chapter 8, it may offer some benefits as an anxiolytic, and consequently some have argued that it may have some hypnotic effects, but many researchers disagree and maintain that chamomile is not effective as a sleep aid (Morin et al., 2007). Indeed, there is no empirical evidence supporting its use as a hypnotic (Medical Economics). While no significant dangers are associated with the use of chamomile and the herb is usually well tolerated, its use as a sleep aid is not likely to produce any beneficial effects and parents and clinicians are encouraged to try more effective alternatives.

Aravinda P.
Aravinda P.asked

Has anyone tried the new formula? It has a different texture, flavour and dosage and our little one is not liking it.

Pauline

No, but we did try the old formula for a short time but our daughter just got very hyper on it.. spinning around and going silly. So no more Brauer for us

Beck
Beckasked

I accidentally almost triple dosed my two year old, and I can’t find any info online about if this is much of a danger? I am hoping because it is so diluted, and she isn’t a newborn, that it isn’t a big danger? Anyone solid answer though? I am an anxious worrier...

Sarah61
Sarah61

Hi, my husband is in chemistry. He has calculated the dosage needed to do any kind of damage and you would literally need to drink a fuel tanker full of this medicine to have any ill effects from it. The concentration is so low there is no need to be worried. Obviously the dosage is recommended the way it is for a medicinal reason, but these medicines are not toxic in any logical dosage.

See all Brauer Baby & Child Teething questions