Braun Series 3

3010s, 3050cc, 3040s, etc...
See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Braun Grooming? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Caused Razor BurnYes (0) · No (1)
  • Shave Closeness
  • Battery Life
  • Wet Shave
  • Dry Shave
Bushy
BushySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Worst shaver I ever had

Bought this shaver a little over 1 year ago. Rechargeable battery is now so weak that will not complete 2 shaves. spare batteries seem to be unobtainable, or far too expensive if you can find one.
The rest is ok, shaves reasonably well, but just cannot rely on it. I consider Braun to be the best in shavers, but this one is not up to their usual standard.

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $79.00.

Rick
RickBusselton WA

Bad

My third Braun.
Others have been good but this model gives very poor results and simply does not shave close enough.
I also find patches of longer facial hair which remain, even after spending several minutes shaving.
I wish I could return it.
Do not buy!

Mike F.
Mike F.asked
Series 3 3010s

does it have a beard trimmer?

moriarty
moriarty

has a flick in/out long hair trimmer - not sure whether that constitutes a beard trimmer

Warren H.
Warren H.asked
Series 3 3040s

Why is it near impossible to get a decent shave with this shaver. I bought this shaver approximately 7 months ago and replaced the foil and cutters once and still cannot get a decent shave. I have tried all suggestions as regards getting a good shave a d nothing works, any suggestions

Ian J
Ian J

Yeh never by a Braun again. They totally ignored all correspondence when I complained.

Rhonda P
Rhonda Pasked
Series 3 3010s

my son said it is not shaving he has tried but hair remains?????

Suez777
Suez777

Sadly there's no solution. It's an extremely, badly-made, inferior device.
NOTHING you do or don't do can fix it. All I can suggest is get in quick (before your return/refund period expires) and see if you can get your money back.
In several decades of being a buyer and consumer I'd have to say this device comes in at the top of my list for "Worst Purchase Ever".

Richard
Richard

This is truly baffling. I have been using this shaver for several months and it is perfectly fine. Indeed, if you see hundreds of reviews everywhere everybody is happy. Perhaps it needs a bit of cleaning. Just remove the foil/cutter cassette, wash it in hot water and then reattach. Is there a visible vibration when you remove the cutter cassette? If not, there might be some damage and you should contact your supplier.

Compare all 19 Braun Series 3
CategoryMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric Shavers
Price (RRP)$249$199$129