Braun Series 3

3010s, 3050cc, 3040s, etc...
See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Braun Grooming? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

gnmaier
gnmaier

Glad I bought this shaver

I haven't used an electric shaver in 40 years, but now that I am retired I thought I'd give it a go again.
I paid $79 at the Goodguys in Mandurah.
If you expect a quick shave that's as close as a razor then you'll be disappointed, but this shaver is really convenient and the result you get is OK shaving dry, and excellent with a wet shave using foam. It just saves so much time. I can sit watching TV and shave - no mess and the result is fine.

Really glad I bought it.

Milord
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Better than my Panasonic ES4029

Fatty
FattyAuckland

Ahhhh, back to the best

My old ...OLD Braun packed up a few years ago and I foolishly experimented with other brands, both foil and rotating blade (Philips).
Should have known better. Neither did a good job of shaving, esp the Philips and the battery life of the other (Panasonic) was hopeless.
Now I'm back to Braun and so very happy: shaves cleanly, thoroughly and quietly. Works cordless and as a plug-in.
Got it in HK so price was a bargain.
Highly recommended!!

Me.
Me.Sydney

Good shaver at a good price

My 5-series Braun was dying, so I looked at what Braun had to offer. They have a bewildering (confusing?) range of shavers, some with model numbers that are unique to specific retailers. I looked at various reviews, and decided to "downgrade" to a series 3 340. It does everything I need at a very good price. It's a wet and dry shaver. Its dry performance is great. Wet performance is not so good. If you want a good wet shaver, then maybe this is not the model for you.
Price, good weight, good dry shave
Poor at wet shaving

Men's Electric Shavers

Find out how Braun Series 3 compares to other Men's Electric Shavers

Mike F.
Mike F.asked
Series 3 3010s

does it have a beard trimmer?

moriarty
moriarty

has a flick in/out long hair trimmer - not sure whether that constitutes a beard trimmer

Warren H.
Warren H.asked
Series 3 3040s

Why is it near impossible to get a decent shave with this shaver. I bought this shaver approximately 7 months ago and replaced the foil and cutters once and still cannot get a decent shave. I have tried all suggestions as regards getting a good shave a d nothing works, any suggestions

Ian J
Ian J

Yeh never by a Braun again. They totally ignored all correspondence when I complained.

Rhonda P
Rhonda Pasked
Series 3 3010s

my son said it is not shaving he has tried but hair remains?????

Suez777
Suez777

Sadly there's no solution. It's an extremely, badly-made, inferior device.
NOTHING you do or don't do can fix it. All I can suggest is get in quick (before your return/refund period expires) and see if you can get your money back.
In several decades of being a buyer and consumer I'd have to say this device comes in at the top of my list for "Worst Purchase Ever".

Richard
Richard

This is truly baffling. I have been using this shaver for several months and it is perfectly fine. Indeed, if you see hundreds of reviews everywhere everybody is happy. Perhaps it needs a bit of cleaning. Just remove the foil/cutter cassette, wash it in hot water and then reattach. Is there a visible vibration when you remove the cutter cassette? If not, there might be some damage and you should contact your supplier.

Compare all 19 Braun Series 3
CategoryMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric ShaversMen's Electric Shavers
Price (RRP)$249$199$129