Braun BT5070

See the Best Men's Hair Trimmers / Personal Groomers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

works like a charm

The battery in this is great. dual battery system. You can use it just after 10 minutes of charging. Comes with adjustable length combs. The charger is like a mobile charger, small and compact. easy to carry around while traveling. Fully washable. I have used it a few times and every time i feel wow - this really works very smoothly. Not very noisy also.

It feels a bit large at hand first but you will get used to it.

Great Beard Trimmer

I bought this to replace my junk Remington trimmer
This one does it all, well designed
The dial on the back sets the trim height then a lock button stops the setting from moving unintentionally
My last Braun beard trimmer (a lovely 2xAA unit) lasted me almost 20 years before replacement
Then I bought Remington, what a waste of money (see review)
Happy with this one

Waste of money

Worst clipper I've ever come across. My shave time doubled, compared to my old cheap clipper powered by a single AA battery. Do not buy. You will definitely be disappointed. Overpriced.

Braun BT 5070 Beard Trimmer - a cut below the rest.

After reading dozens of reviews on all sorts and makes of beard trimmers I bought the Braun BT 5070 Beard Trimmer from Woolworths for $89.00. Even the official USA Braun website gave an average of 4½ stars by so called "happy" customers. In hindsight, I would view anything on the Braun website with much circumspection as this is not a good product at all. As after just 3 weeks of use I had no option but to return it for a full refund as I quickly learnt that this was nothing but a cheap and nasty product which does not work nearly as well as advocated. Regardless of the setting, the shaver does not glide through the beard but rather over it which results in an uneven cut. Unless one goes over the same area over and over again an acceptable, uniform cut will not be achieved. Also, cut hair does not disperse away from the blades while cutting and this clogs the trimmer, adding to the uniform cut woes. The clogging also slows the trimmer down to an unacceptable speed so one has to constantly stop trimming to rinse the hair from the blades. And cut hair particles even builds up between the trimmer body and precision comb making the trimmer a chore to clean. The extending side-trimmer does not lock into the extended position properly and continuously disengages while in use. When the extended side-trimmer slips back into the trimmer housing while in use it should be noted that the side trimmer stops working and switches the main blade on automatically - clearly a design fault and very annoying. The duel batteries are also nowhere near as good as advertised and trim speed slows noticeably after just 10 minutes. As a result, I doubt whether the Braun BT 5070 Beard Trimmer will ever work acceptably with the 10-20mm Long Beard comb accessory. Overall, the cutting attachments are not robust or well made. The blades are lightweight construction and also cheaply made. Best avoid as it is way overpriced for what it is, and does.