Removes hair efficiently
I bought this to replace an older model. To be honest I ended up just using the shaver head on the old one as it hurt so much. But I am more than happy with this new model. I’ve even used the epilator on my underarms and on some very stubborn chin hair. It’s awesome. It certainly doesn’t hurt like my older model did. Zips over my legs almost pain free. Pretty sure after a couple more uses I’ll be able to say “pain free”
I’m really pleased I bought this. I’d highly recommend it.
Purchased in June 2020 at Shaver Shop.
Definitely worth it
I had never used an epilator before so I don't have anything to compare this to. I bought this from the Shaver Shop for 40% off so if it wasn't for the discount I probably would have gone the epil 7 because it is the exact same device but doesn't have as many attachments as the epil 9. I'm really impressed, it works really well. My hair is gone, and the pain isn't any where near as bad as you think it's going to be. I prefer to use it dry rather than wet but that's just my preference. I'm o pleased with this purchase I love the light on the dev...ice. The exfoliating attachment is great. I hate shaving my legs as I find it such a chore and waxing is too expensive and I find it pretty painful. I have had Brazilian and underarm IPL and I liken the pain to that. The best part is that the device lasted the whole time and when I went over again the never morning which was about 50mins all up. 100% recommend this to anyone starting or upgrading.
Purchased in June 2020 at Shaver Shop for $197.00.
Efficient and has lasting power.
This is the first epilator that I have ever used so far. Before using it, I had only ever used basic tweezers on my eyebrow region so I was a little intimidated by the idea of the pain I was potentially inflicting on myself.
Once it was charged I tried it on my ankles as a test area. Suprisingly, it didn't hurt anywhere near as expected. The back of my knees were the most sensitive. After use, I discovered that I was able to epilate both legs with charge still left in the battery. I tried my arm pits next. The epilation was really consistant an...
Purchased in February 2020 at Amazon for $219.00.
Find out how Braun Silk-épil 9 compares to other Epilators
Know better, choose better.
Best purchase ever!!!!!
I was hesitant in purchasing one of these and read many reviews about different brands models etc. I eventually purchased this one and its the best decision I have made for myself. Why did I not buy one of these years ago!!!!! Has everything you need compared to what I saw with other models, I am definately not dissapointed and would 100% recommend this for anyone.
Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $209.00.
Excellent epilator left my legs silky smooth and hairless for weeks UNBELEVABLE
I have used epilators before but not like this one they have always left my legs stubbly and been very painful but not with the silk epil 9 which was quite painless and took every single hair even the tiny pesky fine ones and quickly to, It has been 2 weeks and my legs are still silky smooth like day one, I recommend this to anyone that wants non stop silky smooth legs and all the accessories to keep them that way, Excellent product braun
Purchased in February 2019 at Better Braces.
Questions & Answers
what is theprice
Mmmm! From memory I paid just over $200 at the shaver shop. I got the skin spa set which came with face brushes. There’s another model that around $300 that comes with a mini epilator ( battery operated) for eyebrows. Good but chews through batteries. I bought mine separately. And there’s another version just under $200 that just has the epilator. If you think you wouldn’t use the face brushes I’d go for that. They vary in price so shop around.
Which better Braun silk 985 or 9300?
Is this suitable for the upper lip and chin
Get an answer from our members
- The Braun Silk-épil 9 Epilator lets you enjoy smooth skin for up to 4 weeks.
- Being able to be used both wet and dry means you can take your beauty routine into the bath or shower, allowing for more comfort and convenience.
- The epilator also comes with a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a power cap, and a facial cap, so you can remove hair the way you want.
- It has SensoSmart™ technology that guides along your skin and removes more hair while exerting less pressure on your skin.
- A 2 hour charge time gets you 50 minutes of cordless use.
- Better contact with your skin is ensured with the machine’s pivoting head, which effortlessly glides over the contours of your body.
- The epilator is advertised as being able to catch hair 4 times shorter than wax - that’s 0.5mm, to be exact - so you don’t need to worry about growing your hair out before using the device.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the epilator removed hair efficiently, with some saying they could do a whole leg in just a few minutes. The quick epilating might be partially thanks to the wide epilation head.
- They also found that the epilator had a quick charge time and was able to hold its charge for a decent amount of time, letting them easily get through the areas they wanted to epilate.
- Reviewers also found that it wasn’t particularly painful to use this epilator.
- MPN: 9/890 and SES9-720
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.