Removes hair efficiently
Does not do what it should
I started using epilators when Emjoi's first came out and have only started trying other brands after my Emjoi finally died (5+ years later). This is not even close to my first Emjoi in terms of effectiveness. There is so much more hair left behind on each pass and it seems impossible to get the cleaness I did with the Emjoi. Am very sad that Emjoi is no longer sold in Australia.
On good news. Took advantage of the 60 day money back guarantee to return this product and they were very nice about it. I'm out postage but at least it's not the full cost of this which is in the high end for epilators.
My wife has an old Epil-3 which was pretty useless. So we bought a new epil-9 - wider head, better everything. Wrong! This makes the old epil-3 look wonderful. One good thing about it is it has a light at the front so you can see what you are doing. No other good features! You cant use it plugged in so don't forget to keep it charged. Now for what really counts: pulling out hair. I thought the epil-3 was slow - this has twice as wide a head and takes twice as long. It doesn't tug as much but that's probably because it rarely has hold of...any hairs. It leaves a rash. Maybe it's just epilators are a bad idea. If I shaved I'd probably have to do it every 2 - 3 days. Compared to using this once a fortnight shaving would certainly be a time saver.
Questions & Answers
what is theprice
Mmmm! From memory I paid just over $200 at the shaver shop. I got the skin spa set which came with face brushes. There’s another model that around $300 that comes with a mini epilator ( battery operated) for eyebrows. Good but chews through batteries. I bought mine separately. And there’s another version just under $200 that just has the epilator. If you think you wouldn’t use the face brushes I’d go for that. They vary in price so shop around.
Which better Braun silk 985 or 9300?
Is this suitable for the upper lip and chin
Get an answer from our members
- The Braun Silk-épil 9 Epilator lets you enjoy smooth skin for up to 4 weeks.
- Being able to be used both wet and dry means you can take your beauty routine into the bath or shower, allowing for more comfort and convenience.
- The epilator also comes with a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a power cap, and a facial cap, so you can remove hair the way you want.
- It has SensoSmart™ technology that guides along your skin and removes more hair while exerting less pressure on your skin.
- A 2 hour charge time gets you 50 minutes of cordless use.
- Better contact with your skin is ensured with the machine’s pivoting head, which effortlessly glides over the contours of your body.
- The epilator is advertised as being able to catch hair 4 times shorter than wax - that’s 0.5mm, to be exact - so you don’t need to worry about growing your hair out before using the device.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the epilator removed hair efficiently, with some saying they could do a whole leg in just a few minutes. The quick epilating might be partially thanks to the wide epilation head.
- They also found that the epilator had a quick charge time and was able to hold its charge for a decent amount of time, letting them easily get through the areas they wanted to epilate.
- Reviewers also found that it wasn’t particularly painful to use this epilator.
- MPN: 9/890 and SES9-720
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.