Removes hair efficiently
I wish I could give this 5 stars....
I purchased this product going into a small appliance retailer wanting the best they had on the market at the time. This model came in a kit that was $299 (owch!).
My very first hair remover I ever owned was a braun which laster years so I purchased it, thinking that somthing so little and so expensive would be the same.
It lasted 6 months before it stopped pick up any hair :( I had it replaced. I have had the second one (same model) for 6 months now...
Did not live up to my expectations
3.5 stars. I had such high hopes for this epilator and at $200 it wasn't cheap. Despite using the epilator at various angles it did not pull most of the hairs out of my legs. I would think it did, but on closer inspection would see it had just chopped the hair off at skin level (so same result as shaving). I would go over the same area over and over and the best I could hope for was maybe 50 percent hair removal. Also, Im not sure if others had this problem but I just could not remove the hair on my knees! It was so frustrating and I would have...to shave them. Basically, for the amount of time and effort it took, I may as well go back to shaving considering the results. Finally, I spent a bit extra to get the "spa" pack which came with 2 brushes (I couldn't feel any difference between these 2 brushes). I liked the idea of exfoliating before epilating but have to say it was much easier and cheaper just to buy some scrubbing gloves and a good body scrub. Not worth the extra money for the spa pack.
Great for bikini line, no good for legs
This works great for my bikini line, working effectively and relatively painlessly. Unfortunately, the main reason I purchased it was for my legs and it doesn't pull much of the hair out at the root! it gets about 30% but the other 70% is slapped off at skin level meaning that it grows back in a similar time to shaving. Perhaps it is due to having fine hairs but it's a bit disappointing. Other than that I love the cordless design, the light near the epilator head and great battery life.
Find out how Braun Silk-épil 9 compares to other Epilators
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
what is theprice
Mmmm! From memory I paid just over $200 at the shaver shop. I got the skin spa set which came with face brushes. There’s another model that around $300 that comes with a mini epilator ( battery operated) for eyebrows. Good but chews through batteries. I bought mine separately. And there’s another version just under $200 that just has the epilator. If you think you wouldn’t use the face brushes I’d go for that. They vary in price so shop around.
Which better Braun silk 985 or 9300?
Is this suitable for the upper lip and chin
Get an answer from our members
- The Braun Silk-épil 9 Epilator lets you enjoy smooth skin for up to 4 weeks.
- Being able to be used both wet and dry means you can take your beauty routine into the bath or shower, allowing for more comfort and convenience.
- The epilator also comes with a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a power cap, and a facial cap, so you can remove hair the way you want.
- It has SensoSmart™ technology that guides along your skin and removes more hair while exerting less pressure on your skin.
- A 2 hour charge time gets you 50 minutes of cordless use.
- Better contact with your skin is ensured with the machine’s pivoting head, which effortlessly glides over the contours of your body.
- The epilator is advertised as being able to catch hair 4 times shorter than wax - that’s 0.5mm, to be exact - so you don’t need to worry about growing your hair out before using the device.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the epilator removed hair efficiently, with some saying they could do a whole leg in just a few minutes. The quick epilating might be partially thanks to the wide epilation head.
- They also found that the epilator had a quick charge time and was able to hold its charge for a decent amount of time, letting them easily get through the areas they wanted to epilate.
- Reviewers also found that it wasn’t particularly painful to use this epilator.
- MPN: 9/890 and SES9-720
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.