Removes hair efficiently
Finally found a replacement for my old Emjoi from Sunbeam
After owning several Emjoi epilators as far back as early 90's, my last one finally died on me and I was devastated as they were no longer manufactured! After extensive reviews online, it was still difficult to choose so I just walked into the Shaver Shop and purchased what felt right. This was 6 months ago and I have never looked back! My Braun Silk-epil 9 is fantastic! Can have both legs done in about 10 minutes compared to 30 minutes! At first didn't like how it was cordless as I thought plug-in would be more powerful (like my emjoi) but...no, it is as powerful and so much easier not having to plug it in! It stays charged for a long time (whole duration of full legs, bikini and underarms) and doesn't take long to charge either. Has a flashing green light to indicate charging which stays green once charged. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because I do find it rough sometimes under my armpits, even after a shower and applying baby powder beforehand. Its like my skin under there is sensitive, but this doesn't happen all the time. Never had this problem with Emjoi. Bikini line is fine with baby powder too (just like my Emjoi) Maybe Braun need to look at investing in gold tweezers which are more gentle on the skin?? Overall very happy with appliance as it's easy to use and saves me lots of time. Cordless is priceless!
Purchased in March 2019 at Shaver Shop for $99.00.
quiet & reliable
Upgrade from much older version, which has just broken. Love that I can use in the shower. Multiple different attachments great idea. No faults as yet noted 2 months in.
Easier than expected.
Bought this after learning epilation has come a long way and watching a lot of youtube reviews.
Didn't hurt any where near as much as expected on the legs and got easier as I went.
Not the same for the underarms, it will be a while before I am able to finish the underarms, just a little each time and hopefully each time it will get easier - until then, finishing the underarms with the handy shaver attachment as my skin gets used to epilation there.
This is fantastic - no more blades!
Find out how Braun Silk-épil 9 compares to other Epilators
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
what is theprice
Mmmm! From memory I paid just over $200 at the shaver shop. I got the skin spa set which came with face brushes. There’s another model that around $300 that comes with a mini epilator ( battery operated) for eyebrows. Good but chews through batteries. I bought mine separately. And there’s another version just under $200 that just has the epilator. If you think you wouldn’t use the face brushes I’d go for that. They vary in price so shop around.
Which better Braun silk 985 or 9300?
Is this suitable for the upper lip and chin
Get an answer from our members
- The Braun Silk-épil 9 Epilator lets you enjoy smooth skin for up to 4 weeks.
- Being able to be used both wet and dry means you can take your beauty routine into the bath or shower, allowing for more comfort and convenience.
- The epilator also comes with a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a power cap, and a facial cap, so you can remove hair the way you want.
- It has SensoSmart™ technology that guides along your skin and removes more hair while exerting less pressure on your skin.
- A 2 hour charge time gets you 50 minutes of cordless use.
- Better contact with your skin is ensured with the machine’s pivoting head, which effortlessly glides over the contours of your body.
- The epilator is advertised as being able to catch hair 4 times shorter than wax - that’s 0.5mm, to be exact - so you don’t need to worry about growing your hair out before using the device.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the epilator removed hair efficiently, with some saying they could do a whole leg in just a few minutes. The quick epilating might be partially thanks to the wide epilation head.
- They also found that the epilator had a quick charge time and was able to hold its charge for a decent amount of time, letting them easily get through the areas they wanted to epilate.
- Reviewers also found that it wasn’t particularly painful to use this epilator.
- MPN: 9/890 and SES9-720
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.