Braun Texstyle 7 Series

Braun Texstyle 7 Series Questions & Answers

TS715A, TS765ATP, TS725A, etc...

13 questions from our users

Abuy Y.

Abuy Y.asked

Texstyle 7 Series

Very happy with the product, unfortunately cable has frayed going into iron. It's just out of warranty and I just need a new cable. I have opened the unit and it's quite simple plug in arrangement once opened. I just can't see to order a cable or find on internet. I'm in Australia and postage from the US is unbelievable expensive

Jude T.

Jude T.asked

Texstyle 7 Series

Steam is not stopping, what can I do?

Bertl

I've never had that problem with mine - everything's so complicated these days, maybe you just need to turn off the iron completely at the powerpoint, pull the plug out of the socket, leave it for a minute or two and then re-connect. Also, when you turn off the iron, you need to turn the Steam dial which is on top of the iron, right back down to Zero - otherwise water will leak out. Hope this helps !

Alena U.

Alena U.asked

Texstyle 7 Series

Hey, my irons has suddenly stopped working. When I plug it in, it turns on for a second and then the light goes off again and doesn't do anything. No heat, no steam, nothing. Any ideas how to fix it? Thank you

Angie
Angie

Sorry, you need a repair shop - unless you have problems with wiring? Can you try a different connection in another room, maybe?

Karen

Karenasked

Texstyle 7 Series

Why can’t they be repaired? My control panel has stopped working and can’t be replaced!

Amanda D.asked

Texstyle 7 Series

Why did it catch on fire brought in October this normal takes two years before my irons catch on fire or stop working. Can you recommend a iron that can handle 6 to 12 hours of ironing per week. Every time they catch on fire I buy a different brand. I had not had a Braun before . Why do l irons catch on fire ? Amanda

Mike
Mike

I would be more worried about your dwellings safety switch not killing the power when your iron/s supposably caught on fire.

"Mike"
Thanks for your "concern" about my safety switch, it works just fine thanks, unlike the iron. I would gladly pay overs for an iron that works more than 8 weeks.

Denise M.

Denise M.asked

Texstyle TS715A

How to clean the water chamber?

Borlifan
Borlifan

I don't have this particular model, however the manual for this iron is available as a free download from the Braun website. Hopefully this will answer your question.

susan l.
susan l.

Mine also caught on fire and the safety switch did not go off, this is my third Iron with this particular brand. Not good!!!

Bertl

I only use bottled, filtered water in my Iron - not water out of the tap. Don't have a problem at all with needing to clean out the water chamber. Steam comes out 'clean' too.

Dubai C.asked

Texstyle 7 Series

I am very happy with the product. However since 2 weeks, the iron is alwaya on auto off mode and doesn't heat up. Any ideas?

bee
bee

Sounds like their is an electrical issue or a thermostat issue. I would return it to the place of purchase.

sydneymidge
sydneymidge

Hi Dubai C. How long have you had the iron?

2 years

Susan

Susanasked

Texstyle 7 Series

Does it have An auto switch off ? So if I accidentally leave it on it will switch off?

susan

susanasked

Texstyle TS725A

does this model Braun TS 725A have an auto cut off?
Susan

Tangle
Tangle

Hi Susan,
This iron does have an automatic shut off. It shuts off after about 30 seconds if left resting on its sole plate and after about 8 minutes if left upright/vertically on its heel rest. So, if you’re distracted and walk away, it shouldn’t burn the house down. The auto shut off mechanism makes a bit of a rattling sound during ironing, is activated a couple of minutes after its plugged in and turned on, and there’s a light which flashes above where the cord is connected when the auto shut off is in action.

Wilson

Wilsonasked

Texstyle 7 Series

Hi I use tap water since I baught it a year ago , it now clogged! What to do? Thanks Wilson

Farid B

You may need to clean up the filter. Do you have the user manual which came with the product and shows how to do that?

Bron

Bronasked

Texstyle 7 Series

Braun texstyle 7 how do you do the self clean button to clean iron?

Farid B

I can only speak for the TS745A model that I have, and it does not have a self-cleaning mechanism. The user manual which comes with the iron has instructions how to clean the filter (the cleanable part).

Kate

Kateasked

Texstyle 7 Series

Great iron but it doesn't fit in the heat resistant holder at the end of my ironing board. Have tried to shop for a new ironing board but have the same problem with each model. Can you suggest an ironing board for this iron?

ChrisW
ChrisW

That is its only issue. I have a Sunbeam board and you are right, it will not sit correctly in the end section (and if it did, the sides of the iron will get marked). My suggestion would be to buy a silicone heat-mat and sit the iron on that. It doesn't phase me because it's such a brilliant iron and its ironing performance just gets better as I get more used to it. :))

Miggs26

Miggs26asked

Texstyle TS765ATP

Hi, I have a Braun Texstyle 7 Series TS765ATP - it has the saphir plate. The plate was on originally and took it off as it's not needed for most of our ironing.
It's probably the best iron I've had (which isn't a steam station) - it is very good generally for steam and everything Though one major problem.
ISSUE: It seems to stick easily for some reason and once there is a tiny sticky spot, it spreads and then can damage item. This will happen with cotton as well. It drives me crazy not to mention clothes being damaged.
Why does this happen?
I try cleaning - I researched and researched before buying because I don't have money to waste - so any advise PLEASE HELP.
Maybe it's just ours?

Inkie
Inkie

Hi Maggs, My iron does not have the plate you mention and I have had no problems with sticking at all. I have had the iron for about 4 months and still think it's the best iron I have owned. Hope this helps.

ChrisA
ChrisA

Hi Miggs26. I have not experienced this problem at all. I do use the additional plate for garments i think might need extra care and take it off for heavier items such as demin. So far nothing has caused any sticky problem. I suggest contacting the manufacturer's customer service centre for advice.

Bernie
Bernie

My only thought is that it could be something in your clothes, given so many people talk about how good the sole plate is (we have never had a spot on the sole plate in two and a half years). Are you using a fabric conditioner? Or could it be something that is coming off the cover of your ironing board cover?

Braun Texstyle 7 Series