Bravecto for Cats Small Cats

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6

This Killed My Babygirl

I put this on my perfect beautiful Ellie on Friday. It’s exactly one week later and she has passed. Buy Sunday I noticed hair loss and she was very lethargic. So Monday was no better I took her to the vet they did blood work and this product gave her a bleeding ulcer. I had to crush up her meds mix with water and Syringe them to her because she was so week she couldn’t even lift her head. By Thursday all her organs started shutting down. This was the saddest process I’ve ever had to do. Please do not use this!!!!!

Purchased in September 2021.

Side Effects Death
Kayla
KaylaSydney, NSW

My poor cat is losing hair in clumps!

Went with this brand as recommended by vets and it’s horrible! We assumed he’d gotten into some sort of fight or something but then we put two and two together and realised it’s the treatment! Never again I hope the vet can give me something to counteract it

Purchased in September 2021 at PetStock for $80.00.

Astrid
AstridSydney, NSW

Turned my cat aggressive

I have one mother cat and her two kittens, who are now almost 6 months old. Got Bravecto applied to all 3 yesterday at the vet. Straight after we got home, mumma cat turned aggressive towards her kittens, she has attacked them several times now. I have scratches all over me from trying to protect the kittens from her. This is the first time she has ever done this, and I can only link it to the Bravecto. I will be looking for alternatives.

Purchased in July 2021 at Greencross Vet for $35.00.

Forewarning

Four cats treated - one cat has bald spot on top of head where product was applied. Watching other three, noticed oil spot still lingers on one kitty.
Vet recommended after taking all four kitties for annual check-up. I mentioned another product wasn't effective and asked for "best" recommendation, voila everyone received treatment given at vet's office on top of their heads. That was Saturday, today's Thursday and when I noticed adverse reaction to one kitty as mentioned above. Full on bald spot!
Paws crossed everyone will be okay! I'll be informing vet and WILL NOT take anymore chances with any additional applications.

Update: a total of 3 cats ended up with bald spots. More than a coincidence I'd say!

Purchased in June 2021 for $55.00.

Pet Type Cat
T BRKS
T BRKS

Update: another cat has bald spot at application site.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bravecto for Cats Small Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Lia
LiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My two beautiful cats had to be put to sleep today

Brave for cats

A vet prescribed and I paid for it. How ridiculous is that? I read the directions I put it on as followed split the Hair applied to the skin behind the neck and shoulder blades and within 20 minutes my Persian cats hair was falling out. And again the next day. Very lethargic I would not recommend this

Purchased in March 2021 for $36.00.

Alaina
AlainaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Terrible

Purchased in March 2021 at Pet stock for $37.00.

Jane
JaneDarling Downs, QLD

My cat George is likely dying from this posion right now

He got sick.....
5 month very healthy indoor thriving kitten quickly got sick after application...
Dilated pupils lethargy with in a couple hours by next day Saturday some work of breathing, still lethargic then by early Sunday morning laboured breathing increased made appointment could not wait had to take George in sooner and in space of a few bites rapid set respiratory detiriated and nothing they can do other than support breathing
Has nasal flaring and grunting
I fear he won’t make it as he is so poorly
Even in oxygen he is not breathing much better
This product needs to be removed from shelves
I’m dusgyires reading all of the like cat and dog stories
Purchase November but applied 4 December

Side Effects Short-term illness

works one one cat, killed my other

I had two cats, one has died due to this product. Hair loss, loss of weight, even though eating, and resporstory problems, unfortunately not realised in time. She was a healthy 5 year old but after 3 of these she died, vet and I didn't corralate till too late.

Side Effects Death

DO NOT USE!!!!!!

Purchased in June 2020.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Do vets have vested interests?

One of my cats has flea allergy dermatitis for which this product is unsuitable (the flea needs to bite in order for it to die.) Flea bites cause the allergy. This product doesn't kill fleas for three months. I wonder if vets get a kickback to promote this product?

Purchased in November 2019 for $70.00.

Will never put this on my cats again.

Any medicine that will go as far as killing someone's cat or paralysis should be taken off the market ASAP. Why are vets trusting this poison? Come on, do they have to be humans to get the point?? I've had dogs and now cats.. never had a problem with a flea meds until now. Out of my 3 cats only 1 did not develop any symtoms. My other cats had patches of hair fall off. I imagine it doesn't feel good on the skin either. I had a stray cat turned couch potato who had been acting different, didn't want us to touch her. Seriously if you are better than me in the sense that you educate yourself prior to giving your precious babies any medicine, do not give them this garbage/poison. I should be getting my money back for this, it ain't cheap.

Purchased in December 2019 for $50.00.

Side Effects Personality change
Pet Type Cat

Coleshopper
ColeshopperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Adverse reaction. Be very cautious

Like many other poor reviews here, my otherwise healthy 2 year old cat had a bad reaction to Bravecto. He was given the correct dose by the vet but less than 24 hours later was found slumped on the floor and unable to use his hind legs much at all. Went back to the vet and bravecto was suspected as the cause. He recovered, largely because he's young and healthy. The lingering effects a week later are some lethargy and drinking more than usual. He was lucky, but I'd never touch this stuff again. ever! It's a neurotoxin & pesticide, regardless of how small the dose.

Purchased in November 2019.

Cletus R
Cletus RBrisbane, Queensland

Great experience, but wary of re-use from other reviews

Purchased in December 2018 at Budget Pet Products Online store for $115.00.

Monika D
Monika DSydney, NSW

Not sure if working

I adopted my kitten at 8 weeks old. Took him to the vet a few days later for a check up as he needed his anal glands expressed and we also noticed some scratching. Vet found a flea on him. He administered this treatment and applied it in about 5 different spots at the back of his skull. No adverse reactions, kitty has been fine. Took a few days for the matted hair to resolve, this didnt bother me though. HOWEVER, one week after treatment my kitten has begun scratching again, in the same spot near the back of his left ear. I've tried to inspect him, but have not found anything active on his skin or fur...not sure what this is about.

Purchased in September 2019 for $34.99.