Bravecto for Cats

Bravecto for Cats Questions & Answers

Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

45 questions from our users

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla
Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Nic J
Nic J

My 3.5 year old healthy cat had bravecto about 3 weeks ago and is still suffering symptoms. Hair loss on the back of his neck, very lethargic and lost some use of his back legs. I took him to the vets and there is nothing they can do. He is slowly becoming himself again. I do not recommend this product at all! It’s dangerous and should not be sold at all!

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS
T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

amanda f.
amanda f.asked
for Cats

does bravecto cause urinary crystals? / urinary issues? bladder inflammation? kidney inflammation? protein in urine?

Crystal H
Crystal Hasked
for Cats

Is bravecto registered for animals(cats) as i have been told otherwise. Also dont like some of the reviews need to know that this is safe.

helen sauer

don't use it i will never use this product

Michelle B.
Michelle B.

The normal Bravecto is fine, Bravecto Plus with a worming function is the problem I believe.

Jo S.
Jo S.asked
for Cats

Hi how long after putting Bravecto on my 14 year old cat can he go outside again he’s an indoor cat but likes to sit on our porch
Thankyou Jo

Shelliane
Shelliane

Please don’t use this Jo! I have a 14 year old cat too, and after reading these reviews I would never use it. Some cats have died! And they were young cats, not like our fur babies!

Albania G.
Albania G.asked
for Cats

Veterinary applied bravecto on my cats head. Is this procedure safe?

no its not safe

Patricia
Patriciaasked
Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats

Is this supposed to work for worms in cats? I applied it a week ago and cat still has worms.

Alena M.
Alena M.asked
for Cats

Put Bravecto treatment on my beautiful 8-year old cat and after few days noticed 4 bald patches with red spots inside.Hardly a coincidence. I feel so bad that my poor furry chap has to go through this.Never again!!!!

kmuse
kmuse

I agree my cat had a huge bald spot! My thought is if it can effect the hair so much that it all falls out, what is it doing to their insides? Never again here too. POISON!

Chrissie D.

I put this on my cat today, she didn't have very bad fleas and was hardly scratching at all. She started scratching after I put it on and 8 hours later she's still scratching and licking herself like mad, poor thing. I've just given her a bath and washed it off the back of the neck and washed her body, she's dried off now and seems to be resting happily and not scratching, there we're no dead fleas in the bath so she obviously didn't have enough to cause that type of scratching. This stuff is BAD !!!

Laurie
Laurie

The fleas go through an excitement faze before dying,that is the reason your cat was more itchy.This product is safe ,I've used it for years as a preventative,I love it.

Sandy H.
Sandy H.asked
for Cats

Can I give my hyperthyroid cat Benadryl? She is not on medication, she is on Hills Science Di et y/d, . She is scratching and itching constantly since I applied Bravecta last night, worse than before! I am thinking the Benadryl may relax her and let her (and me!) get some rest. She’s 10 years old

lynda m.
lynda m.asked
Bravecto for Cats Large Cats

Is bravecto safe on 5 year old cats?What are the side affects.Which is the best one to buy.

Mark and Velma
Mark and Velmaasked
Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats

How long does Bravetco spot-on stay in the cat's body? Our 14 year old boy had a bad reaction to it after application on 26th June. Apparently itched like hell, so much so he licked the hair of 50mm dia circle. Now he is lethargic, has diaharrea, fussywith food, not playing with his 9mth old adopted sister.

Tess
Tess

Hi the treatment is supposed to work I understand for 12 weeks but my cat had reactions neurologically within a few hours. The vet shaved and thoroughly washed the area and she was put on a drip to try and flush the toxins out of her body. My other two cats were treated at the same time and thankfully have had no reaction. Perhaps take your boy to the vets for blood work because apart from the diarrhoea my cat was left the same symptoms and something has attacked her red blood cells causing anaemia. Hope he comes right very soon.

Chrissie D.

Tess, thank you for posting that ! My cat had a reaction to this and for the next 8 hours she wouldn't stop scratching and licking poor thing, she has got lots of allergies. I read your post and quickly bathed her, washed it off the back of the neck, she's dried and seems much happier now and has stopped scratching too !!

Sarah F.
Sarah F.asked
for Cats

How does one trace Fluralener in an autopsy? My healthy 10-year-old cat died within hours of administering Bravecto spot on for medium cats. Autopsy so far has shown nothing and is "inconclusive" although all organs appear within healthy ranges and no other cause of death apparent.

alan

This crap is full of pesticides

Debbie
Debbieasked
for Cats

Can I brush bravecto after being applied to get that grease look off my cat?

Leyla
Leyla

I personally would avoid spreading that excess oil over the coat with the brush as the cat may then ingest what’s left on the hair, in turn making him feel unwell OR very sick
It does look a bit rough for a week or so,
But by applying to the back of the neck, the cat ingests less before the bravecto makes it onto the skin an into the bloodstream

Dont use it in the 1st place do you want to kill your cat Read the reviews

Sean H.
Sean H.asked
for Cats

How long do we have to wait until the cat can go back outside?

Christine
Christine

My cats are indoors so I can’t answer that one. My older Ragdoll had an allergic reaction so I don’t use it anymore.

Faith W.
Faith W.asked
for Cats

Can the hair loss my cat is experiencing be treated?

caitlintdr2014
caitlintdr2014

My cat got a huge bald spot and eventually months later it grew back to how it was before

Estelle R.
Estelle R.asked
for Cats

I applied topical bravecto on my 15 month cat this morning. She was okay the whole day but started to vomit this evening. Now she is just sleepy. Do I need to worry? What home remedy can I give her, or should I wait till tomorrow? Hope you can assist please. Thanks.

Smito
Smitoasked
for Cats

I applied bravecto to my cats about 4 weeks ago. They spend a lot of time outside. I have just spotted a flea on one of them. Can they still pick fleas up being outside and then the fleas die or can they live on them?

Granny Alexa
Granny Alexa

I'm sorry, Smito, I can't provide an answer to that one. I'm a bit concerned about my own cat, because he is scratching frantically (although I've not spotted a flea yet). Possibly it might be an idea to try another brand of flea-repellent to see whether that does the trick better.

Caroline R.
Caroline R.asked
Bravecto for Cats Medium Cats

I have applied Bravecto incorrectly. My cat has licked the site of application. Will this harm my cat?

Carol B.
Carol B.asked
for Cats

Do I need to keep my 4 month old kittens apart after treatment and for how long?

Bravecto for Cats