Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0

toby
tobyBrisbane

Avoid at all costs

0/10 would not recommend.
The first time I used Bravecto Plus both cats seemed fine, however after the second dose one was super lethargic, spaced out and confused with dilated pupils and unsteady on his feet. He's now got a large sore and hair loss where it was applied which is only getting worse by the day. The other cat freaked out when it was applied, trying his hardest to run away. He's never had this reaction to Advocate before. I reported these symptoms to the Bravecto call line and was told they're normal. Anything that causes cognitive issues, open sores and hair loss is not something that should be anywhere near an animal.

Will he die?

Purchased in April 2021 for $52.74.

C. McHenry
C. McHenryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cats are supposed to have healthy coats

Purchased at Several.

Pet Type Cat

Do Not Use This Product !!!

Accurate facts : this medication should not be sold ! The side effects are horrible ! Lethargy, shallow breathing , our 6 year old cat was spaced out completely. What the hell is in this stuff , and why is it aloud to still be sold ! I have only found all this info about how terrible this product is after giving my cat . I hope people get to see this and all the other reviews and AVOID !!!

Purchased in December 2020.

tanya
tanyaSydney, NSW

Buyer beware it may kill your cat

Bravecto Plus was used on my cat. 24 hours later she was vomitting, lathargic, high temp, and had severe toxicity poisoning, which has resulted in a urinary tract infection. Braveto dont care as she is 1 out of 10,000 cases, and it is stated as a known cause. Disgusting

Purchased in June 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Lil
Lil

DO NOT USE

My poor cat had a reaction to Brevecto plus, I'm still worried sick that she is not fully better and the vet bills for it are already up to over $200. She had to be shaved as the fur on her neck started falling out nearly immediately, she's had a antibiotic injection and I've been told at the 2nd vet visit that the first visit at another vet clinic really should have sedated her and done a big wash in dishwashing liquid but now it's in her system it's too late. She still has a chemical burn spot. The stress I went through worrying that she might die has been horrendous!

Purchased in April 2020.

Pet Type Cat

My beautiful rag doll has licked all of the fur off of his nether regions.

Applied liquid onto my 11 year old rag doll cat about 2 months ago, fleas gone but now so is his fur from completely licking it all off. He’s wearing a cone to stop the licking but as soon as it’s off he’s biting and scratching as if the fleas never left. I’ve given him 3 baths and blow drys ( he likes it so it’s not the worst) yet it doesn’t stop. My cat is extremely uncomfortable after using this product and I have no idea how to make him stop. He is clearly itchy to the point it’s making him crazy. He’s a very active in your face cat now reduced to this sad animal with a cone on who lays around all day. He’s lost weight and all his joys in life. I have no idea what to do but this garbage is the reason.

Purchased in January 2020.

Peter
PeterSydney

PARALYZED OUR CAT....CLASS ACTION REQUIRED

After application of bravecto in the afternoon we thought that our cats fleas were gone. Then after a nap our cat woke up as a completely different cat. She was disorientated, lost and unable to walk, balance or even stand. Her pupils were completely dilated, feverish, elevated heart rate, elevated blood pressure and shallow rapid breathing. After $1800 and a night in hospital our cat is not better...From reading all the fact post application and subsequent illness. I believe it is time for a class action suit toward the manufacturer...As a health professional am beyond belief how this product is allowed in public.

Purchased in October 2019 for $24.99.

BRAVECTO paralyzed my cat

I used this on my cat on August 30, 2019 and two weeks later she began to limp and run a high fever. From there it progressed to a persistent high fever, lethargy, no appetite, weight loss, painful front legs, rigidness down the spine and back legs and rapid breathing. She was a perfectly healthy cat prior to using Bravecto. This stuff is absolutely terrifying. Do not use Bravecto on your cat. Ever.

Purchased in August 2019.

Brad  J.
Brad J.South East Queensland, QLD

Bravecto should be Jailed and sued

Purchased in October 2019 for $89.00.

Pet Type Cat

My cat is now paralyzed because of this product!

Purchased in July 2019 for $50.00.

S.somerville
S.somervilleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My cat is now blind

I applied bravecto small cats on my pedigree cat noticed she started swaying constantly licking bricks drinking loads of water. Then after a week noticed her becoming more quiet then realised she was bumping into things rush her off to the vet to be told we think your 16month old exotic is now blind went to the optometrist and yes my cat is now blind and I’m majorly out of pocket. I did all 5 of my cats and all had vomiting panting not eating and drinking heaps of water

Purchased in November 2018.

Janet R
Janet RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Severe Side Effects

Day 1 after application of Bravest Plus.

Chunks of hair loss, and red raw skins at the application site.

Now we have the added worry of further risk to the cats health.
We also have the added costs of a trip to the Vet and treatment.

Cat has never had a reaction to any of the other treatments used over the years!

Purchased in April 2019 at Vet.

Do Not Use This On Your Cats

I took my 2 cats in to see their feline vet about 2 months ago. Both of my cats became sick. Extreme lethargy, wouldn't eat for 3 days, throwing up. I almost took one of my cats to the emergency vet because I did not know if she would make it through the night. Now my male is acting like he has lost his hearing. I wonder if Bravecto could be the cause

Purchased in November 2018.

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla
Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Nic J
Nic J

My 3.5 year old healthy cat had bravecto about 3 weeks ago and is still suffering symptoms. Hair loss on the back of his neck, very lethargic and lost some use of his back legs. I took him to the vets and there is nothing they can do. He is slowly becoming himself again. I do not recommend this product at all! It’s dangerous and should not be sold at all!

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS
T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopical