Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.8

Hopeful but a disappointment!

Sounded to good to be true, 12 weeks! No result in relief of fleas from my big 17lb cat. After three weeks of continuous itching I will seek other medications.

Purchased in April 2021 for $52.00.

Shannon
Shannon

It was so sticky & horrible a nightmare to wash off the hands too

It was so sticky and horrible
Been a week and still on the back of my cats nexts all yucky and horrible
A nightmare to wash off the hands too

Leyla
LeylaSydney Surrounds, NSW

My cat was very ill with worms, this stuff made him better

My big 6 y/o boy was vomiting and lethargic and I treated him with bravecto plus to worm him and within 24 hrs his appetite returned, the vomiting has stopped, he is happy and playful again with his adopted brother, his coat is healthy again though he did experience some discomfort(itching) at the back of his neck and some minor hair loss
But, I am grateful to say he is now a very happy boy
I’m so sorry to hear other people’s sad stories
I was shocked when I read these reviews so I had to do my own

Purchased in July 2020 at Petbarn for $28.00.

Pet Type Cat

Killed my cats fleas with no side effects

I have a small black cat, about 10lbs. Bravecto has been effective in both killing active fleas and as a preventative. While her neck seems to itch for a day or 2 after application, she is still happy. playful and eating well.

Purchased in May 2020 at Boston Animal Hospital for $58.00.

davew
davew

At last a happy moggy

Purchased in March 2020 at Budget Pet Products Online store for $60.00.

18 year cat lady

Purchased in January 2020.

Pet Type Cat

Give bravecto chews for dogs to your cat

I buy my bravecto online I can’t afford to go to the vet for my 2 dogs or 2 cats and with my cats I have tried all types of flea treatments and non worked until I bought a chew broke it in half and mixed it in wet food the cats ate it and they are given the same protection as dogs for about 4 months I have had no bad reactions by doing this your experience may be different but my cats are flea free from dogs bravecto chewy flea treats

Purchased for $34.00.

Works well for my cat

Shocked to hear of cats suffering bad reactions to Bravecto. My adored rescue cat has been on 3-monthly Bravecto for the two years he’s been loving with me. He has no bad reaction to Bravecto or Bravecto Plus (which protects against intestinal worms as well as fleas). These drops are applied by my vet every 3 months, and keep my cat free from parasites and without any visible side effects. I pay a monthly pet insurance fee which covers the cost of Bravecto.

Purchased in January 2020.

Never again

I previously used Bravecto on our dogs so when I saw this product for our cats I decided to give it a try. I can't comment on the efficacy of the product as we could not even open the lid on both tubes we purchased. The lids were stuck and would not move. In the end we ended up with the product all over our hands instead of our cats and we paid $60 for that! I will be going back to our previous product and never getting Bravecto again.

Purchased in December 2019.

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Good and unexpected results.

The only reaction from cats is fro 2 out of 5. The 2 with allergies seem to be better and fur thicker; and both have gained a little weight. Don't know if that is a side effect of medicine or they feel better. The other 3 cats seem the same. They were never fond of getting it applied, so every 3 months is better for me too.

Purchased in March 2019.

Mick
MickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked for us.

We live in a high volume tick area. Applied it on the cat with no adverse effects. Pulled a few dead bush ticks off her since and thats about it. Reading these reviews I think creates the false impression that every second cat meets an untimely death after application but bravecto has been selling for a long time. Understandably people will throw up a bad review if their animal has a reaction. I suspect the many who have no issues dont run to the review sites. That perhaps creates an unfair rating.

Purchased in June 2019 for $60.00.

Cletus R
Cletus RBrisbane, Queensland

Great experience, but wary of re-use from other reviews

Purchased in December 2018 at Budget Pet Products Online store for $115.00.

Monika D
Monika DSydney, NSW

Not sure if working

I adopted my kitten at 8 weeks old. Took him to the vet a few days later for a check up as he needed his anal glands expressed and we also noticed some scratching. Vet found a flea on him. He administered this treatment and applied it in about 5 different spots at the back of his skull. No adverse reactions, kitty has been fine. Took a few days for the matted hair to resolve, this didnt bother me though. HOWEVER, one week after treatment my kitten has begun scratching again, in the same spot near the back of his left ear. I've tried to inspect him, but have not found anything active on his skin or fur...not sure what this is about.

Purchased in September 2019 for $34.99.

Stacey Brown
Stacey BrownSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

No adverse reaction thankfully, but this product is absolutely useless against ticks. Both cats treated are still getting ticks attached to them. Will not be buying again, absolute waste of money!!

Purchased in June 2019.

Pet Type Cat

Would recommend/would use again/worked for us (STUPID dispenser though!)

Purchased in June 2019 at Australian Pet Shop.

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla
Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Nic J
Nic J

My 3.5 year old healthy cat had bravecto about 3 weeks ago and is still suffering symptoms. Hair loss on the back of his neck, very lethargic and lost some use of his back legs. I took him to the vets and there is nothing they can do. He is slowly becoming himself again. I do not recommend this product at all! It’s dangerous and should not be sold at all!

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS
T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopical