Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.1

Awful product - do not use!

My vet recommended this product and how I wish I had read these reviews before using. My cat is a healthy 12 year old who I normally de-flea monthly/five weekly and have never had any problems with the product I always use. A week after using Bravecto three month treatment she became extremely lethargic, wouldn't come in the house and more importantly stopped eating. After two visits to the vets her blood test showed she had pancreatitis. I am convinced this is from the treatment, she has never had any issues like this in 12 years. I washed any remains off from her neck and hopefully we are over the worst and she is eating again. Avoid this product like the plague!

Purchased in November 2021.

Pet Type Cat

feel very sad I have given this to my cat

I waited until my cat was able to have it - as my cat has been very unwell. I dosed her last week and she has clumps of fur falling out, bald patches where I dosed her. When she meows its a screaming angry meow - she’s angry. Breathing has appeared laboured at times. She is 16 and hope she is through the worst of it, has been about 6 days. I have bathed the area with tepid water to see if I could remove the residual - will never give her this again

Purchased in March 2021 for $70.00.

Pet Type Cat

Made my cat seriously ill - awful product

My cat would run while having this put on. A few days later I noticed severe diarrhoea in his litter tray and for about 3-4 weeks he would look really ill. I used this product 3 times on him. First time didn’t realise it was the product, second time I started my suspicions. Third time I was convinced it is the product and not just coincidence. I’ve never used it again on my poor baby. Each 3 months he would look very ill and severe diarrhoea for several days. That’s not coincidence.

Purchased in October 2020.

Pet Type Cat

Not enough space to tell you how bad this poison is. It nearly killed our cat, had to go on a drip but getting better!

Photo of her laid on my hand was a week before having the flea treatment and other 3 are afterwards looking sad and trying to get her to eat a treat stick.

Purchased in October 2021 for $30.00.

KaylaSydney, NSW

My poor cat is losing hair in clumps!

Went with this brand as recommended by vets and it’s horrible! We assumed he’d gotten into some sort of fight or something but then we put two and two together and realised it’s the treatment! Never again I hope the vet can give me something to counteract it

Purchased in September 2021 at PetStock for $80.00.

Nic JCentral West, NSW

My healthy 5 yr old cat had it on Sunday and today (Thursday) I fear that he won’t make it.

Loss of appetite, lethargic, very sick. Doesn’t want to be touched at all. Not himself. I will never use this again. Vets go this so wrong. Don’t use it please

Purchased in September 2021 for $60.00.

Astrid
AstridSydney, NSW

Turned my cat aggressive

I have one mother cat and her two kittens, who are now almost 6 months old. Got Bravecto applied to all 3 yesterday at the vet. Straight after we got home, mumma cat turned aggressive towards her kittens, she has attacked them several times now. I have scratches all over me from trying to protect the kittens from her. This is the first time she has ever done this, and I can only link it to the Bravecto. I will be looking for alternatives.

Purchased in July 2021 at Greencross Vet for $35.00.

Pet Type Cat

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Forewarning

Four cats treated - one cat has bald spot on top of head where product was applied. Watching other three, noticed oil spot still lingers on one kitty.
Vet recommended after taking all four kitties for annual check-up. I mentioned another product wasn't effective and asked for "best" recommendation, voila everyone received treatment given at vet's office on top of their heads. That was Saturday, today's Thursday and when I noticed adverse reaction to one kitty as mentioned above. Full on bald spot!
Paws crossed everyone will be okay! I'll be informing vet and WILL NOT take anymore chances with any additional applications.

Update: a total of 3 cats ended up with bald spots. More than a coincidence I'd say!

Purchased in June 2021 for $55.00.

T BRKS

Update: another cat has bald spot at application site.

Caused Balding

My cat immediately started having hair loss the day after applying Bravecto. By day two he had two bald spots and his hair continues to fall out. I wish I had read the reviews prior to using it!

Purchased in May 2021 for $80.00.

bat
batGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One of our two cats has serious side effects after applying (as per VET recommendation)

Purchased in May 2021 at Balwyn Veterinary Surgery. 185 Whitehorse Rd Deepdene. Vic 3103 for $88.05.

Rae
RaeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never use again!

My 5yr old cat has sensitive skin and is allergic to flea bites so I use a flea treatment regularly. Used Bravecto for the first time supplied by her vet..never again! She panicked when it was first applied and seemed frightened and in pain for a day, I’ve spotted a burn mark on her neck and I now understand why. Will go back to using Advantage, never been an issue in the past

Purchased in April 2021 for $80.00.

Alaina
AlainaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Terrible

Purchased in March 2021 at Pet stock for $37.00.

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Bravecto Plus caused hair loss in 1 cat, wobbliness in 2nd cat, third cat no problem

Bravecto Plus applied 5 days ago. Cat 1 (10 yr old) hair is coming off in big clumps and there’s redness and a scab forming in an area she can’t scratch and she vomited fresh food twice, cat 2 (6 yr old) was foaming a bit, paranoid and wobbly. Cat 3 (5 yr old) has had no adverse reactions which is odd as she’s usually the sensitive one and is on special food.

Will never buy this again. If it had this effect on just a few children it would be taken off the shelves. Sickening they let our fur babies suffer.

Update: used a wet facewasher with Malaseb to wipe off the oily residue and both cats returned to normal behaviour almost immediately. Fur is not coming off in clumps anymore a few days later.

Purchased in February 2021 at Petbarn Online store.

Nearly killed my cat

My vet gave this treatment to my cat saying it was the best thing. A few hours later she was drooling, twitching all over, panting, retching, lost control of her bowels and floppy. I washed the residue off her in the hope that would help. Today she is so floppy and still retching. I emailed my vet but got no response. I will NEVER use that vet again. My poor cat. I wouldgive this product no stars if i could.

Purchased in February 2020 for $70.00.

Wendy
WendyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I won't use this again

My 10 year old boy was given Brave to Plus 2 days ago. He's lethargic & has hair loss on his neck. I feel so bad for him. I'll be reporting it to the vet when they reopen tomorrow. Never again!! It's poison.

Purchased in December 2020.

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Nic J

My 3.5 year old healthy cat had bravecto about 3 weeks ago and is still suffering symptoms. Hair loss on the back of his neck, very lethargic and lost some use of his back legs. I took him to the vets and there is nothing they can do. He is slowly becoming himself again. I do not recommend this product at all! It’s dangerous and should not be sold at all!

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Mel K.
Mel K.

I am so sorry for my cats! I have 3 and gave them all a dose of Bravecto yesterday. My girls are now acting funny, and now I am reading all of those comments, and I am devastated. I hate that I might have hurt them badly with this poison. I live them so much, how in the hell do vets sell this crap without notice!!

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopical