Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2

feel very sad I have given this to my cat

I waited until my cat was able to have it - as my cat has been very unwell. I dosed her last week and she has clumps of fur falling out, bald patches where I dosed her. When she meows its a screaming angry meow - she’s angry. Breathing has appeared laboured at times. She is 16 and hope she is through the worst of it, has been about 6 days. I have bathed the area with tepid water to see if I could remove the residual - will never give her this again

Purchased in March 2021 for $70.00.

Nic JCentral West, NSW

My healthy 5 yr old cat had it on Sunday and today (Thursday) I fear that he won’t make it.

Loss of appetite, lethargic, very sick. Doesn’t want to be touched at all. Not himself. I will never use this again. Vets go this so wrong. Don’t use it please

Purchased in September 2021 for $60.00.

Astrid
AstridSydney, NSW

Turned my cat aggressive

I have one mother cat and her two kittens, who are now almost 6 months old. Got Bravecto applied to all 3 yesterday at the vet. Straight after we got home, mumma cat turned aggressive towards her kittens, she has attacked them several times now. I have scratches all over me from trying to protect the kittens from her. This is the first time she has ever done this, and I can only link it to the Bravecto. I will be looking for alternatives.

Purchased in July 2021 at Greencross Vet for $35.00.

Pet Type Cat

This stuff is horrible, do not purchase.

This stuff is horrible, do not purchase. Made my cat itch and now she has a bald spot on application site. Am worried for her health now. Do not purchase.

Purchased in December 2020.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Zahra
ZahraSydney, NSW

Horrible, doesn’t work, upsets the cat

My cat has to stay indoors now because she come back with ticks every-time, she hates when we put the stuff on and when we do it doesn’t even work

Purchased in September 2020 for $40.00.

Pet Type Cat

Do not let vet give to your cat!

I hesitated 2x after my vet wanted to apply this to my cat. Last time I agreed and my cat now has a bald spot where this was applied. This cannot be good for my cat!!! He just got over a 6 week bout with anal Gland surgery and now this??? I hope this stuff does not hurt him further or this company will have problems with me!!! I also want my $50 Back for the added stress and to keep my cat from itching! Poison!

Purchased in September 2020 for $51.00.

Pet Type Cat

Side effects - paranoia

Within a short time after applying Bravecto between my cat's shoulder blades, he started acting strange. He seemed paranoid about everything and disoriented in his familiar surroundings. He continues to be easily frightened even after four months since we applied the last treatment. I thought the first time was just due to changing products but after the second time and the same reaction, I really think he is having a neurologic reaction to it. I will not be buying Bravecto again even though the vet's office highly recommended it. I would not recommend using it at all.

Purchased in June 2020 for $55.00.

Pet Type Cat

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

My cat is really acting strangely since his first Braveto.

My head boy of three adopted cats after fostering has been acting really strangely. He has been consistent in coming in and out of our cat flap to eat and sleep. Since using Bravecto he has hidden away and when eventually coaxed out to lay on the lawn looking like he had no idea where he was or what to do. He has now hidden outside under our man cave. This is so worrying and need advice on how to look after him.

Purchased in June 2020.

Really Bad

The vet gave this a great review, instead of what I had used prior to it. He was lethargic not eating or drinking for 24hrs, then a 2" spot where it had been applied with hair loss and huge red sore. The spot is getting larger, called the vet and she gave me epiderm, which hasn't helped at all. Going to have to find another vet open now is a holiday weekend. I will never use this again, need to get him a steroid shot. The Vet assistant applied it.

Purchased in May 2020 for $52.00.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Will never put this on my cats again.

Any medicine that will go as far as killing someone's cat or paralysis should be taken off the market ASAP. Why are vets trusting this poison? Come on, do they have to be humans to get the point?? I've had dogs and now cats.. never had a problem with a flea meds until now. Out of my 3 cats only 1 did not develop any symtoms. My other cats had patches of hair fall off. I imagine it doesn't feel good on the skin either. I had a stray cat turned couch potato who had been acting different, didn't want us to touch her. Seriously if you are better than me in the sense that you educate yourself prior to giving your precious babies any medicine, do not give them this garbage/poison. I should be getting my money back for this, it ain't cheap.

Purchased in December 2019 for $50.00.

Bee
Bee

DO NOT USE BRAVECTO ON YOU CAT.... IT CAN KILL

As previous reviews, I can validate that the use of this POISONOUS product can kill.... have used twice and twice my cat has had bad reactions....hair fell out from contact point creating a bald patch, lethargy, sleeping more than normal, off food.... there should be a class action against the manufacturers as owners have lost their beloved pets through this product.... DO NOT USE. If you get in your hands/fingers the product is difficult to remove as it is gluey and tacky.

With the star rating if I could would give it 5 MINUS.... unable not to give it a review.... check with your vet tell him about the reactions cats are getting from this product if they are promoting this product.

Purchased in February 2019.

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla
Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Nic J

My 3.5 year old healthy cat had bravecto about 3 weeks ago and is still suffering symptoms. Hair loss on the back of his neck, very lethargic and lost some use of his back legs. I took him to the vets and there is nothing they can do. He is slowly becoming himself again. I do not recommend this product at all! It’s dangerous and should not be sold at all!

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS
T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Mel K.
Mel K.

I am so sorry for my cats! I have 3 and gave them all a dose of Bravecto yesterday. My girls are now acting funny, and now I am reading all of those comments, and I am devastated. I hate that I might have hurt them badly with this poison. I live them so much, how in the hell do vets sell this crap without notice!!

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopical