Bravecto for Cats

Bravecto for Cats (page 2 of 6)

Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Do Not Use This Product !!!

Accurate facts : this medication should not be sold ! The side effects are horrible ! Lethargy, shallow breathing , our 6 year old cat was spaced out completely. What the hell is in this stuff , and why is it aloud to still be sold ! I have only found all this info about how terrible this product is after giving my cat . I hope people get to see this and all the other reviews and AVOID !!!

Purchased in December 2020.

This stuff is horrible, do not purchase.

This stuff is horrible, do not purchase. Made my cat itch and now she has a bald spot on application site. Am worried for her health now. Do not purchase.

Purchased in December 2020.

Jane
JaneDarling Downs, QLD

My cat George is likely dying from this posion right now

He got sick.....
5 month very healthy indoor thriving kitten quickly got sick after application...
Dilated pupils lethargy with in a couple hours by next day Saturday some work of breathing, still lethargic then by early Sunday morning laboured breathing increased made appointment could not wait had to take George in sooner and in space of a few bites rapid set respiratory detiriated and nothing they can do other than support breathing
Has nasal flaring and grunting
I fear he won’t make it as he is so poorly
Even in oxygen he is not breathing much better
This product needs to be removed from shelves
I’m dusgyires reading all of the like cat and dog stories
Purchase November but applied 4 December

Rosey
RoseySydney Surrounds, NSW

Never again

My cat has developed red itchy patches over her eyes. Seems to be an allergic response. Product was very sticky on the back of her neck and stayed sticky for a week.

Purchased in November 2020 for $60.00.

Ali
AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works, but somethings wrong

We used the spot on. The product definitely protects and eliminates againsts fleas ticks and worms, however it comes at risk. Our kitty changes after he receives this. Goes weird and his personality changes. Runs around like crazy, Pupils change and he pants then sleeps. The next time we used it, it was even worse. He had a small seizure. I didn’t know really what was happening. We decided to wash it off and not to apply it again. We are now on the lookout for something new and not so harsh. Surely companies can come up with something gentler on our fur babies.

Purchased at Vet Products Direct for $54.99.

Shannon
Shannon

It was so sticky & horrible a nightmare to wash off the hands too

It was so sticky and horrible
Been a week and still on the back of my cats nexts all yucky and horrible
A nightmare to wash off the hands too

Zahra
ZahraSydney, NSW

Horrible, doesn’t work, upsets the cat

My cat has to stay indoors now because she come back with ticks every-time, she hates when we put the stuff on and when we do it doesn’t even work

Purchased in September 2020 for $40.00.

Chrissie D.
Chrissie D.

Cat had an Allergic reaction !

My Cat had an allergic reaction to this stuff, she wouldn't stop scratching and licking still 8hrs later !! Bathed her to get it off. She did not have bad fleas.

Side Effects Short-term illness

works one one cat, killed my other

I had two cats, one has died due to this product. Hair loss, loss of weight, even though eating, and resporstory problems, unfortunately not realised in time. She was a healthy 5 year old but after 3 of these she died, vet and I didn't corralate till too late.

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Do not let vet give to your cat!

I hesitated 2x after my vet wanted to apply this to my cat. Last time I agreed and my cat now has a bald spot where this was applied. This cannot be good for my cat!!! He just got over a 6 week bout with anal Gland surgery and now this??? I hope this stuff does not hurt him further or this company will have problems with me!!! I also want my $50 Back for the added stress and to keep my cat from itching! Poison!

Purchased in September 2020 for $51.00.

Upset
UpsetFar North Queensland, QLD

Adverse Reaction

Administered Bravecto Plus to my cat 10 days ago. Now hair loss and irritation on shoulder. Applied to back of head. Did not have this problem with Bravecto flea and tick. Must be an ingredient for the wormer. Same problem with Revolution.

Purchased in September 2020 for $80.00.

Scabs on my perfectly fine baby girl!

Noticed scabs on my furbaby within 48 hours of application. Scabs on eyelid, outside both ears, dry skin flaking off the product application site, a scabby tit.. I don't know what else will happen tomorrow but hopefully nothing else. My poor cat is suffering because I listened to the vet. I'm very disappointed. I want my money back

Purchased in September 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $82.99.

Elaine
Elaine

Poison is what it states.

Purchased for $46.00.

Pet Type Cat

Side effects - paranoia

Within a short time after applying Bravecto between my cat's shoulder blades, he started acting strange. He seemed paranoid about everything and disoriented in his familiar surroundings. He continues to be easily frightened even after four months since we applied the last treatment. I thought the first time was just due to changing products but after the second time and the same reaction, I really think he is having a neurologic reaction to it. I will not be buying Bravecto again even though the vet's office highly recommended it. I would not recommend using it at all.

Purchased in June 2020 for $55.00.

Tess
TessAuckland

Bravecto Plus - DO NOT USE

Purchased for $75.00.

Jayne H.
Jayne H.Illawarra, NSW

Brevecto medium flee, tick treatment.

My Rag doll cat has been given this Brevecto flee treatment twice now and I won’t subject him to it again! Serious sickness and diarrhea, Massive weight loss and he didn’t have much weight on him to start with, vets not concerned. He is showing all the Horrible side effects listed. Why would I subject my loved pet to that, he must be feeling miserable.

Purchased in August 2020 at The vets for $20.00.

Leyla
LeylaSydney Surrounds, NSW

My cat was very ill with worms, this stuff made him better

My big 6 y/o boy was vomiting and lethargic and I treated him with bravecto plus to worm him and within 24 hrs his appetite returned, the vomiting has stopped, he is happy and playful again with his adopted brother, his coat is healthy again though he did experience some discomfort(itching) at the back of his neck and some minor hair loss
But, I am grateful to say he is now a very happy boy
I’m so sorry to hear other people’s sad stories
I was shocked when I read these reviews so I had to do my own

Purchased in July 2020 at Petbarn for $28.00.

I beg you - do not use this!

tanya
tanyaSydney, NSW

Buyer beware it may kill your cat

Bravecto Plus was used on my cat. 24 hours later she was vomitting, lathargic, high temp, and had severe toxicity poisoning, which has resulted in a urinary tract infection. Braveto dont care as she is 1 out of 10,000 cases, and it is stated as a known cause. Disgusting

Purchased in June 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pet Type Cat

I do NOT reccomend this product!

I took a feral cat I feed to vet to get shaved because of mats, fleas & ticks. Vet suggested this product because it lasted 3 months vet it on him, within a month he has ticks can't tell about fleas. It didn't last 1 full month. Now I'm scared to put another treatment on him in a short time period.

Purchased in May 2020 at Veterinarian office for $56.00.

Pet Type Cat

My cat is really acting strangely since his first Braveto.

My head boy of three adopted cats after fostering has been acting really strangely. He has been consistent in coming in and out of our cat flap to eat and sleep. Since using Bravecto he has hidden away and when eventually coaxed out to lay on the lawn looking like he had no idea where he was or what to do. He has now hidden outside under our man cave. This is so worrying and need advice on how to look after him.

Purchased in June 2020.

My fur baby left with huge red bald patch

Within a day of treatment my poor cat started scratching the area and it ended up red and the bald the area about the size of a golf ball. I had to give him an antihistamine to stop scratching. I was instructed to have an injection type of medication next time and he’s reacted to that as well.

Purchased at Veterinary surgery .

DO NOT USE!!!!!!

My cat passed away

My cat was a healthy one and a half year old beautiful baby. Put the medicine on her on Saturday and last night (Wednesday) I watched her have a seizure in front of my eyes and moan until she stopped breathing. I know it’s different for every pet but if it can happen to my baby it could happen to yours. Don't use this product.

Purchased in June 2020 for $55.00.

Really Bad

The vet gave this a great review, instead of what I had used prior to it. He was lethargic not eating or drinking for 24hrs, then a 2" spot where it had been applied with hair loss and huge red sore. The spot is getting larger, called the vet and she gave me epiderm, which hasn't helped at all. Going to have to find another vet open now is a holiday weekend. I will never use this again, need to get him a steroid shot. The Vet assistant applied it.

Purchased in May 2020 for $52.00.