Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

John Smart
John Smart

Disgusting product

We had a healthy, lively 2 year old male cat. After vets recommendation to use Bravecto we did so, NEVER EVER AGAIN. Since the initial dose he has been lethargic, watery eyes and sneezing. We to him to a vet they could not find any virus just told us to monitor him. Now 2 weeks after still no improvement.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

Purchased in August 2021.

Awful product - do not use!

My vet recommended this product and how I wish I had read these reviews before using. My cat is a healthy 12 year old who I normally de-flea monthly/five weekly and have never had any problems with the product I always use. A week after using Bravecto three month treatment she became extremely lethargic, wouldn't come in the house and more importantly stopped eating. After two visits to the vets her blood test showed she had pancreatitis. I am convinced this is from the treatment, she has never had any issues like this in 12 years. I washed any remains off from her neck and hopefully we are over the worst and she is eating again. Avoid this product like the plague!

Purchased in November 2021.

feel very sad I have given this to my cat

I waited until my cat was able to have it - as my cat has been very unwell. I dosed her last week and she has clumps of fur falling out, bald patches where I dosed her. When she meows its a screaming angry meow - she’s angry. Breathing has appeared laboured at times. She is 16 and hope she is through the worst of it, has been about 6 days. I have bathed the area with tepid water to see if I could remove the residual - will never give her this again

Purchased in March 2021 for $70.00.

Do not buy this product.

My cat has been itching like crazy ever since I’ve given this to her. Unfortunately this is the 3rd treatment a month into & she’s doing awful. She has open scabs & a nasty cut on her ear for scratching. I’m taking her to the vet next week to get a for sure answer.

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

My cat had to be euthanized after Bravecto

My 2 yo cat received Bravecto on Oct 20. He became lethargic on Oct 21. Could not lift himself on Oct 22. Had to be euthanized on Oct. 23. This was a happy, healthy, energetic, loving cat. We are devastated by what Merck has done to our sweet boy. This product should be pulled for the market immediately.

Purchased in October 2021 for $40.00.

Les
LesNorthern Region, NSW

Warning Dont Use This Product!!!!

In first 12 hours of using bravecto flea treatment on my cat it went from a loving animal to wild instantly pupils fully dilated strange standoffish withdrawn behaviour no one could get close to her without her growling/ hissing STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT i only wish I checked out the product reviews before purchasing this product so many people had their cats die after using BRAVECTO should be taken off the market with the amount of complaints on here. I've immediately washed my cat 3 times one after another to try and remove BRAVECTO poison on her neck i just hope nothing happens to her and we have removed some of the BRAVECTO.
Hate this product stay away from it.

Made my cat seriously ill - awful product

My cat would run while having this put on. A few days later I noticed severe diarrhoea in his litter tray and for about 3-4 weeks he would look really ill. I used this product 3 times on him. First time didn’t realise it was the product, second time I started my suspicions. Third time I was convinced it is the product and not just coincidence. I’ve never used it again on my poor baby. Each 3 months he would look very ill and severe diarrhoea for several days. That’s not coincidence.

Purchased in October 2020.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

DO NOT USE!!!!

Please everyone do not use Bravecto or Bravecto Plus. My poor kitty has been scratching nonstop since application and has scratched the entire application site raw. Very scary product. She is suffering.

Pet Type Cat

Not enough space to tell you how bad this poison is. It nearly killed our cat, had to go on a drip but getting better!

Photo of her laid on my hand was a week before having the flea treatment and other 3 are afterwards looking sad and trying to get her to eat a treat stick.

Purchased in October 2021 for $30.00.

This Killed My Babygirl

I put this on my perfect beautiful Ellie on Friday. It’s exactly one week later and she has passed. Buy Sunday I noticed hair loss and she was very lethargic. So Monday was no better I took her to the vet they did blood work and this product gave her a bleeding ulcer. I had to crush up her meds mix with water and Syringe them to her because she was so week she couldn’t even lift her head. By Thursday all her organs started shutting down. This was the saddest process I’ve ever had to do. Please do not use this!!!!!

Purchased in September 2021.

KaylaSydney, NSW

My poor cat is losing hair in clumps!

Went with this brand as recommended by vets and it’s horrible! We assumed he’d gotten into some sort of fight or something but then we put two and two together and realised it’s the treatment! Never again I hope the vet can give me something to counteract it

Purchased in September 2021 at PetStock for $80.00.

Becky
Becky

Do not buy this ever!! my cat has died from it

48 hours post a get giving my girl this treatment my cat got serious blood poisoning. I happened to be working from home that day, had I not she would have died before I made it home. A few months later she had blood cancer which in the end caused her death. Please do not buy this stuff - I’m devastated. Vets get a commission to sell you this stuff snd say it is safe - there’s so many horrific stories out there. I’m still figuring the fight to get it banned.

Nic JCentral West, NSW

My healthy 5 yr old cat had it on Sunday and today (Thursday) I fear that he won’t make it.

Loss of appetite, lethargic, very sick. Doesn’t want to be touched at all. Not himself. I will never use this again. Vets go this so wrong. Don’t use it please

Purchased in September 2021 for $60.00.

toby
tobyBrisbane

Avoid at all costs

0/10 would not recommend.
The first time I used Bravecto Plus both cats seemed fine, however after the second dose one was super lethargic, spaced out and confused with dilated pupils and unsteady on his feet. He's now got a large sore and hair loss where it was applied which is only getting worse by the day. The other cat freaked out when it was applied, trying his hardest to run away. He's never had this reaction to Advocate before. I reported these symptoms to the Bravecto call line and was told they're normal. Anything that causes cognitive issues, open sores and hair loss is not something that should be anywhere near an animal.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Astrid
AstridSydney, NSW

Turned my cat aggressive

I have one mother cat and her two kittens, who are now almost 6 months old. Got Bravecto applied to all 3 yesterday at the vet. Straight after we got home, mumma cat turned aggressive towards her kittens, she has attacked them several times now. I have scratches all over me from trying to protect the kittens from her. This is the first time she has ever done this, and I can only link it to the Bravecto. I will be looking for alternatives.

Purchased in July 2021 at Greencross Vet for $35.00.

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Nic J

My 3.5 year old healthy cat had bravecto about 3 weeks ago and is still suffering symptoms. Hair loss on the back of his neck, very lethargic and lost some use of his back legs. I took him to the vets and there is nothing they can do. He is slowly becoming himself again. I do not recommend this product at all! It’s dangerous and should not be sold at all!

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS
T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Mel K.
Mel K.

I am so sorry for my cats! I have 3 and gave them all a dose of Bravecto yesterday. My girls are now acting funny, and now I am reading all of those comments, and I am devastated. I hate that I might have hurt them badly with this poison. I live them so much, how in the hell do vets sell this crap without notice!!

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopical