Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Alaina
AlainaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Terrible

Purchased in March 2021 at Pet stock for $37.00.

Ali
AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works, but somethings wrong

We used the spot on. The product definitely protects and eliminates againsts fleas ticks and worms, however it comes at risk. Our kitty changes after he receives this. Goes weird and his personality changes. Runs around like crazy, Pupils change and he pants then sleeps. The next time we used it, it was even worse. He had a small seizure. I didn’t know really what was happening. We decided to wash it off and not to apply it again. We are now on the lookout for something new and not so harsh. Surely companies can come up with something gentler on our fur babies.

Purchased at Vet Products Direct for $54.99.

Do vets have vested interests?

One of my cats has flea allergy dermatitis for which this product is unsuitable (the flea needs to bite in order for it to die.) Flea bites cause the allergy. This product doesn't kill fleas for three months. I wonder if vets get a kickback to promote this product?

Purchased in November 2019 for $70.00.

Monika D
Monika DSydney, NSW

Not sure if working

I adopted my kitten at 8 weeks old. Took him to the vet a few days later for a check up as he needed his anal glands expressed and we also noticed some scratching. Vet found a flea on him. He administered this treatment and applied it in about 5 different spots at the back of his skull. No adverse reactions, kitty has been fine. Took a few days for the matted hair to resolve, this didnt bother me though. HOWEVER, one week after treatment my kitten has begun scratching again, in the same spot near the back of his left ear. I've tried to inspect him, but have not found anything active on his skin or fur...not sure what this is about.

Purchased in September 2019 for $34.99.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Not going to use again on my cat

I gave my cat his first and only dose 1 month ago. He has loss of appetite, hair falling out aggressively, seems more tired and less playful, and has been vomiting occasionally. I think the vomiting is from grooming and the increasing hair loss. This product killed all his fleas and ticks for sure but I don't think it's worth all the other side effects he is having. I won't be buying it again.

Purchased in January 2019 for $65.00.

Leash
LeashSydney, NSW

It works, but...

I have two cats, a black and white. This stuff works, but my white cat now a bald patch where the product touched him, and over a week later sores started forming on that spot (it’s not from grooming, he can’t reach it). Doesn’t appear to be distressed by it, I’m cleaning it daily to prevent an infection and he doesn’t mind, but what on earth is in a product that causes such a horrible reaction- No chance it can be an allergy, they’re usually systemic, where this is localized only to where it touched him. In essence, he has a chemical burn.

ChrisQueensland

Fingers crossed.. it's only been 24 hrs!

Chris

After 48hrs she was pretty much back to normal again. It still took roughly 1 week for the treatment to wash away from the back of her neck. There seems to be no signs of ticks, fleas etc & she is her normal self again.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Mandy
MandySouth East Queensland, QLD

Hair loss, lesions and uncontrolled bladder

After vaccinating my cats, my vet suggested we use Bravecto as I had lost a dog to a tick some years back. My older cat over the week following has had all hair loss in the area where the Bravecto had contact with the skin on the back of her neck and where the 'start' of the medication was applied, a very big open lesion, which has only scabbed over recently. In addition, after a week, she's also had loss of bladder control, meaning she just pees wherever. I would not use this product again and I will not recommend it's use to anyone. In saying this, the second younger cat has not really had any side effects, that I can see so far.

Cat very lethargic and losing appetite

Even with paralysis tick fever my cat could eat and bounce around. Put bravecto on for large cats and he lies around all day and night. Before he had a big appetite, now he’s gone off everything he loved to eat before. Sure it seems to keep ticks and fleas away but at what cost.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Bravecto for Cats compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Couldn’t save my cat

I can’t believe this didn’t work!

I took my cat to the vet and they gave me Bravecto. Because it’s, like, sposed to be good for them!

The next day I found my cat had died overnight! I was devastated. If only.... I am beyond tears

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla
Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Nic J
Nic J

My 3.5 year old healthy cat had bravecto about 3 weeks ago and is still suffering symptoms. Hair loss on the back of his neck, very lethargic and lost some use of his back legs. I took him to the vets and there is nothing they can do. He is slowly becoming himself again. I do not recommend this product at all! It’s dangerous and should not be sold at all!

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS
T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Mel K.
Mel K.

I am so sorry for my cats! I have 3 and gave them all a dose of Bravecto yesterday. My girls are now acting funny, and now I am reading all of those comments, and I am devastated. I hate that I might have hurt them badly with this poison. I live them so much, how in the hell do vets sell this crap without notice!!

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopical