Medium Cats, Large Cats, Small Cats
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bravecto? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Alaina
AlainaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Terrible

Purchased in March 2021 at Pet stock for $37.00.

Ali
AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works, but somethings wrong

We used the spot on. The product definitely protects and eliminates againsts fleas ticks and worms, however it comes at risk. Our kitty changes after he receives this. Goes weird and his personality changes. Runs around like crazy, Pupils change and he pants then sleeps. The next time we used it, it was even worse. He had a small seizure. I didn’t know really what was happening. We decided to wash it off and not to apply it again. We are now on the lookout for something new and not so harsh. Surely companies can come up with something gentler on our fur babies.

Purchased at Vet Products Direct for $54.99.

Killed my cats fleas with no side effects

I have a small black cat, about 10lbs. Bravecto has been effective in both killing active fleas and as a preventative. While her neck seems to itch for a day or 2 after application, she is still happy. playful and eating well.

Purchased in May 2020 at Boston Animal Hospital for $58.00.

davew
davew

At last a happy moggy

Purchased in March 2020 at Budget Pet Products Online store for $60.00.

18 year cat lady

Purchased in January 2020.

Give bravecto chews for dogs to your cat

I buy my bravecto online I can’t afford to go to the vet for my 2 dogs or 2 cats and with my cats I have tried all types of flea treatments and non worked until I bought a chew broke it in half and mixed it in wet food the cats ate it and they are given the same protection as dogs for about 4 months I have had no bad reactions by doing this your experience may be different but my cats are flea free from dogs bravecto chewy flea treats

Purchased for $34.00.

Works well for my cat

Shocked to hear of cats suffering bad reactions to Bravecto. My adored rescue cat has been on 3-monthly Bravecto for the two years he’s been loving with me. He has no bad reaction to Bravecto or Bravecto Plus (which protects against intestinal worms as well as fleas). These drops are applied by my vet every 3 months, and keep my cat free from parasites and without any visible side effects. I pay a monthly pet insurance fee which covers the cost of Bravecto.

Purchased in January 2020.

Side Effects None
Pet Type Cat

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Good and unexpected results.

The only reaction from cats is fro 2 out of 5. The 2 with allergies seem to be better and fur thicker; and both have gained a little weight. Don't know if that is a side effect of medicine or they feel better. The other 3 cats seem the same. They were never fond of getting it applied, so every 3 months is better for me too.

Purchased in March 2019.

Mick
MickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked for us.

We live in a high volume tick area. Applied it on the cat with no adverse effects. Pulled a few dead bush ticks off her since and thats about it. Reading these reviews I think creates the false impression that every second cat meets an untimely death after application but bravecto has been selling for a long time. Understandably people will throw up a bad review if their animal has a reaction. I suspect the many who have no issues dont run to the review sites. That perhaps creates an unfair rating.

Purchased in June 2019 for $60.00.

Cletus R
Cletus RBrisbane, Queensland

Great experience, but wary of re-use from other reviews

Purchased in December 2018 at Budget Pet Products Online store for $115.00.

Would recommend/would use again/worked for us (STUPID dispenser though!)

Purchased in June 2019 at Australian Pet Shop.

Not going to use again on my cat

I gave my cat his first and only dose 1 month ago. He has loss of appetite, hair falling out aggressively, seems more tired and less playful, and has been vomiting occasionally. I think the vomiting is from grooming and the increasing hair loss. This product killed all his fleas and ticks for sure but I don't think it's worth all the other side effects he is having. I won't be buying it again.

Purchased in January 2019 for $65.00.

Leash
LeashSydney, NSW

It works, but...

I have two cats, a black and white. This stuff works, but my white cat now a bald patch where the product touched him, and over a week later sores started forming on that spot (it’s not from grooming, he can’t reach it). Doesn’t appear to be distressed by it, I’m cleaning it daily to prevent an infection and he doesn’t mind, but what on earth is in a product that causes such a horrible reaction- No chance it can be an allergy, they’re usually systemic, where this is localized only to where it touched him. In essence, he has a chemical burn.

Kat
Kat

Definitely works

I applied thus product to all my cats back in November. No adverse reactions and must work as we just found a dead tick on my daughter bed where our 16 year old cat always sleeps. This happened just two days after the next door neighbors cat had to go to emergency vet for tick treatment. And she only goes outside on a leash.

Nae
NaeBrisbane

Awesome

I’m really confused about why there are so many bad reviews. This is awesome for my cat as I am shocking at remembering and it covers paralysis ticks. I think the spot treatment for cats is new. It’s been great and no problems.

Jax
Jaxasked
for Cats

This is the second time after giving my cat the 3mth. Bravecto treatment for worms etc. she has been throwing up . What is the cause?

Kayla
Kayla

Honestly I’d take your cat to the vet. My cat has only had one dose of bravecto but has lost all his hair on his neck and I’m now having to use antibiotic cream as it got infected from him scratching at the stuff burning his skin. I’m so mad at this brand and how they can even be recommended by vets

Nic J
Nic J

My 3.5 year old healthy cat had bravecto about 3 weeks ago and is still suffering symptoms. Hair loss on the back of his neck, very lethargic and lost some use of his back legs. I took him to the vets and there is nothing they can do. He is slowly becoming himself again. I do not recommend this product at all! It’s dangerous and should not be sold at all!

Maxineasked
for Cats

Bravecto plus was used on my 13 yr old cat by the Vet in NZ. Not long after at home he became weird. He was wobbly when walking, he stopped eating but drinking a lot of water, his pupils were dilated, he looked like he was having a stroke, he was very confused. I took him back to the Vets who took a lot of blood tests. The Vet thought he had meningitis with the symptoms he had. He turned 14yrs in March 2021 and my daughter gave him another dose of Bravecto when I was away, he developed the same symptoms as before. He seems very confused when I call him he doesn't appear to know where he is. I am worried now that it is the Bravecto as I know the Vet did not test him for toxity. I phoned the Vet last week and the Receptionist tells me Bravecto is safe but I have a gut feeling it is Bravecto that has caused him to be like this. Not sure what to do now. shouls I contact Merc?

T BRKS
T BRKS

Yes I would. I called and the representative took my information, provided action number, and said to call them if any additional concerns and/or I needed to take my cat to the vet. Luckily, the 3 cats that lost hair didn't have any further issues. Good luck and no more of this toxic dangerous product!

Maxine

He is a beautiful intelligent Pedigree Birman and now when he walks his head tilts to the side. He gets confused when outside not knowing where to go. Hes not eating much but drinks a lot of water.

Mel K.
Mel K.

I am so sorry for my cats! I have 3 and gave them all a dose of Bravecto yesterday. My girls are now acting funny, and now I am reading all of those comments, and I am devastated. I hate that I might have hurt them badly with this poison. I live them so much, how in the hell do vets sell this crap without notice!!

Jack
Jackasked
for Cats

Will large cat size Bravecto Topicle harm an 11 pound cat?

jaw pain and worse
jaw pain and worse

I would say yes! My cat was ick named Garfield. 4 days after I gave it to him, he started to stop eating. We went to the vet. They took blood. It was all over the place. His routine check up had been just 8 day's prior, thats when I bought the Bravecto. We tested his Urine. No problems there. He is now home and on an IV fluid bag. He eats only when I carry the smooshed food to him. He drinks if I carry water to him. I wish I had stayed with monthly doses.

Compare all 3 Bravecto for Cats
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeTopicalTopicalTopical