Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 (page 2 of 6)

MPNs: 1439, BBM800 and BBM800BSS

Pros

• Produces bakery-quality bread

• Durable and reliable

• Simple to use

Cons

• Paddle sometimes imprints on loaf

• Bread Quality & Consistency

inara

inara

use it every week

Need assistance to change settings but one day will get my head around this.
However it makes wonderful bread.
Just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.
I have only had to adjust the sugar to a little less in the recipes.
I no longer buy bread and this is how bread should taste!
Made rye and carraway for our traditional Christmas Eve Dinner.
We can no longer buy this and sent my brother home with a loaf to freeze.
He commented that this was the closest to what we used to buy at the supermarket.
Looking forward to making spiced fruit bread for Easter.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
CJR

CJR

Wonderful Large Loaf Machine With Collapsible Blade.

Wonderful machine with many different preset functions. The large loaf tin makes for a great size for the larger family loves or simply select a smaller loaf option. It has a nut and seed feeder for adding those different ingredients during cooking. Is a wonderful looking machine also with the stainless steel finish

Golden Oldie

Golden Oldie

Bread heaven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Expensive rubbish

Looks nice that's about it. The machine doesn't have the power to consistently knead a loaf without sticking all the time, and risk burning out the motor. It has to be constantly monitored and the dough freed up by hand so the program can continue. Happens with a variety of flours so not a wholemeal problem. Can't believe I'm one of the few with this problem. Old breville machine was great, shame the build quality has been overlooked in place of stylish looks.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Rose

RoseVictoria

Not only wonderful bread .... pizza, pasta and more

Four years of excessive use and it produces the best bread, pizza dough and pasta dough. Works well and only recently commenced making an occasional loud clunking noise with initial settings, but the machine continues through all of its stages without fault. When I offer to bring something to family for dinner, they always ask me to make bread.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
Sandy McC

Sandy McCSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Could have been great but is not acceptable

Date PurchasedMay 2015
MaryL

MaryLMelbourne

My poor bread machine

I love my bread machine,use it twice a week for the last four years, no problems. Just recently the bread has been coming out like it was punched and twisted before it was cooked. It is awful, its tough and hard and I can't even use it for breadcrumbs.So I stood and watched it and found that it was kneading again half way through the baking process,which explained the horrible bread. Any ideas, can it be fixed?

Date PurchasedApr 2013

AnitaSydney, NSW

Disappointing

I have made bread for 18-19 years now, and have had about 8 different bread makers. This machine is not turning out normal looking bread though. It is rough and thick all around, never browns on the top. The top is like a barnacled ocean rock. It never rounds the top like every other breadmaker I have had, and the bread seems insufficiently mixed - I have always used brown and white bread mix together, and with this machine, it comes out in swirls through it. The difference between the bread from my previous machine and this one are starkly different, though it is the same mix. There is no way it will make a tall, smooth, soft crusted loaf.
So to me it's a bit of a dud.
If anyone has a solution for me, please let me know.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Anita

I have talked to Breville and am taking the breadmaker back for a replacement tomorrow.

Tam

TamCairns, Queensland

Awesome!

This bread maker is fantastic! I regularly make wholemeal bread with it and it comes out perfectly. I haven’t bought shop bread for 2 months now. It’s so easy to use, just put everything in and leave it to make bread like magic. I do take it out at the start of rise 3 and remove the paddle and that way there’s only a very small hole on the base of the bread. I’ve tried all sizes except the smallest and you get a substantial loaf. I’ve also used it for pizza and pasta dough and both turned out great. Highly recommended. The shape of the loaf on the top can be a little unusual but that makes it feel more homemade.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

RJ

RJ

Reliable and easy to use!

I was hesitant to buy a bread maker at first as I wasn't sure if it would get enough use, however it has proven me wrong! Use almost every week and great for making quick pizza and pasta dough. bake is consistant and easy to clean up after use. Great for making flavoured breads.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Ozwelder

OzwelderCentral Queensland, QLD

Breville used to the the premium bread maker Manufacturer

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jay Jay

Jay JayLady Barron

Excellent product

Our first one decided to play up, but only after several years and a LOT of use. Checked out all the others but this is still the best one on the market as far as we are concerned. We do find that spraying the pan with spray oil helps to stop any bits sticking to the sides and leaving the main loaf.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Collapsible paddle

I too have had problems with the collapsible paddle seizing up. My solution is to boil the paddle for 10 minutes with 1 tbsp of white vinegar and 1 tsp of bicarb and water just to cover. I use this machine at least 3 times a week and not had any other problems.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Gmack_ozMelbourne

12 months old, barely used in those 12 months, and it totally stopped working

Bought it to replace a previous Breville Breadmaker that gave us years of good use. Bought this as it looked like the old model with just a new casing, Had it for 12 months and made less than a dozen loaves and it's totally stopped working. No lights, no nothing, Dead as a doorknob. Would not buy another Breville. Tried but can't get through to Breville

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Azza

AzzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

reliable and does the job well

Date PurchasedDec 2014

delphii

delphiiSydney

So far very happy with my breadmaker - sharing my first custom receipe

The Expeditor

The ExpeditorNortheast, VIC

Three faults. I am sad, but I will return mine.

Living some 250 KM out of Melbourne, I have had three problems. 1)Back of menu light stopped working 2) The paddle, which is quite useless as it still leaves a hole in the bread sticks in position at all times, despite cleaning and soaking paddle thoroughly 3) the fruit and nut dispenser stopped working, despite loud clicking noises....As there are no service agents in Wangaratta I will return it as absolutely unreliable when cooking and the costs of sending it back is prohibitive...Has Brevile thoroughly tested these things in the field? I doubt it. The bread, It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what results you're going to get...

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

MiffedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just wonderful. Does everything it says it will.

First time I used it I was really tired. Realised too late that I'd picked up the wrong measuring spoon. Pressed the start button anyway. The result was a great loaf. This machine is so forgiving. The loaves are beautifully shaped with a lovely texture. I've also made jam and marmalade and pizza dough. I grind my own wheat to make 100% wholemeal flour. This is the machine to make the most of my lovely soft wholemeal flour. Can't wait to try my medieval beer barley bread recipe. The recipes in the manual are tempting, too.

Miffed

I've now been using it at last twice a week for a year. It's still fine. No problems with the pan. My beer barley bread turned out fine.

Valmorph

ValmorphSydney

Easy to use bread machine - Love the fresh bread

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Totally useless

Great product but within 9 months inside the bake tin the anti stick surface start to flake off.
I contact brevillr support, they said it doesn't fall under wanranty. They even said i was baking bread with it for almost a year, yeah thuugh... what do you do with a bread machine?
Any how.
I do NOT RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT.
very, very poor customer service and warranty.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 reviews

Diane

Dianeasked

The fruit and nut dispenser does not open. It is firmly closed. Can someone help please?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Sure

Irene B.

Irene B.asked

Our Breville machine’s paddle is flopping over to both sides instead of meeting resistance when in upright position and has scratched the bottom of the pan. It also makes a loud clicking tapping sound while kneading as it taps the bottom of the pan. Any ideas?

Juzzeeasked

I just purchased this machine and after using it for the first time the collapsible paddle is stuck in the pan and I cannot get it out.. help please!!!

Mez
Mez

It can get stuck. Alot of people have that problem. It may need a bit of force to get it out. I fill the pan with hot soapy water and you should be able to remove it easily. Make sure it is free of all dough mix before using it again. I had an old mschine ( not a Breville and had to leave the paddle in it for that reason. Stil worked OK.

Juzzee

I worked out how to release the paddle. I used a small syringe with olive oil and squirted it around where it goes on and it released immediately. Can’t believe I spent hours trying to get it off and it was that easy.

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features:

• Breville’s The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 is a breadmaker that can make 450g or 1.1kg sized loaves.
  • The bread maker has automatic programs - including gluten-free, yeast-free, crusty loaf, dough and pasta, and jam - as well as 9 custom settings that let you store your own customised recipes.
  • It has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser which mixes in any added ingredients at the right time in the breadmaking process, giving you one less thing to worry about.
  • A collapsible kneading blade mixes and folds in your ingredients before the machine starts expanding your dough with its ‘bake’ function.
  • This model has a smart LCD display that gives you a clear overview of the progress of your loaf from the mixing right through to the finished product.
  • It also has 60 minutes of backup power, so that if you have a power outage, your bread will continue to bake.
  • The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 costs $439.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the bread maker turned out bakery-quality bread that smelt and tasted great, and had the desired texture.
  • They also found that the machine was durable and reliable, consistently producing quality loaves over a long period of time.
  • According to reviewers, this machine is easy to use - reviewers appreciated that they could just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers took issue with the collapsible paddle in the bread maker, saying that it doesn’t really collapse after the mixing process, and so sticks into the loaf and leaves an imprint on its base. A few of the reviewers who noted this problem said they worked around it by utilising the pause function and removing the paddle before the final raise and bake.
CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours