Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 (page 3 of 6)

MPNs: 1439, BBM800 and BBM800BSS

• Bread Quality & Consistency

LSC

LSCMelbourne

Very limited lifespan

I bought this machine 3 years ago and used it around 2 to 3 times a month. After around 2 and a half years, during a cycle the machine would switch off itself or the power would flicker at a very rapid rate. This problem use to go away by completely switching off the machine and re-starting again. However, now it has completely stopped working. I called Breville customer support and sent them a video of the problem as well. They said that as it is outside the 2 years warranty period they are unable to fix it. Given the price tag, the machine does not seem durable enough to last more that a couple of years.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Rosie

RosieSydney

Not up to scratch

Date PurchasedMar 2016
BrevilleBreville

Hi Rosie - if you still have the receipt please return to place of purchase. If you don't please contact customer service on 1300 139 798 for assistance. Thanks, the Breville team

Terrible unless you like eating bricks

I was thoroughly disappointed with this product. I bought it last week and have had problems with it not mixing properly, and there seems to be some issues with it sealing and heating properly. I made sure it was not an issue with my ingredients and used fresh flour, yeast etc. I've had bread makers before and have churned out loaves of delicious soft fluffy bread but it's not happening with this. Myer have said I can return it and exchange for another type. Thank you Myer.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

FredaADELAIDE

Never have to buy Bread again

I have had my Breville Bread maker for two months now and I absolutely love it. I make
4-5 loaves a week and have also tried brioche which was delicious. The only thing I have a problem with is the bread has a hole on the bottom where the paddle is. So I presume the paddle doesn't collapse at the end of mixing.
I love to wake up to the smell of fresh bread.

Hi Freda - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Adam

AdamPerth, WA

Best. Bread maker. Ever.

My old breadmaker died and I had just bought new bread flour so that gave me the impetus to hunt for a new machine. Bought this breville bread maker as I have plenty of breville equipment and I like the quality of their gear. It's a terrifically brilliant machine. So easy to use, and perfect bread every single time. Get one- you'll love it.

Hi Adam - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Stalinmos

StalinmosDeloraine

Great product pity about the warranty

This bread maker has been great for making bread for the last year my only problem is with the warranty. The collapsible paddle on mine just fell apart and when I rang to get a replacement breville told me it is not covered by warranty as it isn't a major component of the machine. Considering you can't make bread without the paddle I would consider this a major component.

Adel16Adelaide

By far the best so far

BrevilleBreville

Hi Adel16 - thanks for your comments. Your home must smell great in the mornings. The Breville team

Performance of my BBM600

I used this machine for over 4 years without failure making 5 loafs a week with not a problem at all.
The folding paddle is cleaned and washed with a tooth brush and warm water this works well for me
Yes indeed it shows wear and tear so does a new car, if you don't like make your bread in the oven.
Good luck

Hi Kramer - thanks for your comments The Breville team

Great while it worked!

I got this machine for Mothers Day last year and within three months the element stopped baking. I took it back to the store to get a replacement and again within another five months my bread started to become flat and dense, half the size it had been. I changed my yeast, bought new flour and still no luck. I have just returned it to the store and replaced it for a different brand and my bread is fluffy again.

Fran

FranWestern Australia

Great Machines needs improving

I am happy with this Machine. The 3 faults it does have 1.The paddle go so hard its hard to use. 2. Wash mine very careful but the pan is starting to peel, I have 2 of them and both the same. 3. Do not wash the bottom of the pan in water that rust after awhile, nor do I set for hours in advance as the water starts to go through the bottom. Remember most things are made in china now days. If breville were to improve on that I believe they would have the best machine on the market.

Love being able to customise the programs

Had for almost two years, paddle replaced once (just have to really clean the bits where dough can get stuck, particularly when using wholegrain flour). Seals (where paddle attaches) went a couple of weeks ago, rang Breville, said not covered under warranty, but still sent out replacement parts as a courtesy free of charge! Love that I can use my own program to make my daughter's spelt bread. We make about 5-6 loaves a week for a family of six. Can not fault this product or my service from Breville.

Hi kytomitt - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Nims2011Sydney, NSW

Not fit for purpose

Nims2011

On contacting Breville through their Facebook page, I have now been told the jam paddle can be left in while baking. I suppose I could try it...

Love our Breville Master Big Loaf

This machine is the best ever and hasn't missed a beat in years however, we used it last night to bake our Friday loaf and it was fine up to the point it began the baking part and it tripped the safety switch.
Need advise from Breville, do we try to get this beast repaired as we love it or bin our family member and get a new one to replace her?

BrevilleBreville

HI M and K Turner - please call our customer service centre on 1300 139 798 for best advice and local service agent contact details. Thanks, the Breville team

Graham Wilkings

Graham WilkingsBrisbane

collapsible blade

The collapsible blade on my machine was good for about 4 loaves ; after that there was baked bread gumming up the pivot of the blade , no amount of cleaning or lubricating the blade would free it up . This left a hole in the bottom of the bread . Great concept but bad engineering .

BrevilleBreville

Hi Graham - the design team receives these notifications and appreciates feedback. Thanks, the Breville team

tracyCentral West, NSW

frustrating

the collapsible blade doesn't collapse...at all...i have used this machine three times since purchasing about a fortnight ago and not once has it collapsed...resulting in the bottom of the breads being torn and a gluten free loaf unuseable as it was smashed in order to remove from the pan...its even difficult to remove the blade to clean it....why doesn't mine work???

BrevilleBreville

Hi Tracy - please call customer service on 1300 139 798 for assistance. Thanks, the Breville team

Steve

SteveLisarow

Good but the collapsible blade...and breville don't sell replacement parts for it!

BrevilleBreville

Hi Steve - the design team receives these notifications and appreciates feedback. Thanks, the Breville team

Jenni

JenniSouth Morang

Loving the bread, love this machine.

We've had this machine for about a month now and I love it. It's so easy to use. I did have a slight hassle with the fruit dispenser, but it turned out that very fresh sultanas stick together - resolved by leaving them in the fridge for a couple of hours before putting them into the dispenser for the next yummy fruit loaf. The "crusty loaf" setting has already become a family favorite, and with the loaf size almost square it is easy to slice as well as being easy to eat. The small hole made by the kneader dropping down is such an improvement on my old bread maker. Well done Breville!

Hi Jenni - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Rubbish designed to fail

Three years of very light use. Then totally died. Probably cost $2.50 per loaf for the "privilege " of owning a Breville Bread Maker. Seems to be the way of the modern world. My mother bought a sewing machine in the 50's made clothes for 9 kids and it lasted 30 years. That's 60 years ago. What rubbish. Breville should be ashamed!

Bad machine

We bought the machine thinking it'd last us a while. With a year or so, the main button stopped working properly. Since it was under warranty, they fixed it although it took a while. One night, while making bread the machine fell off the bench. Since it's been 2.5 years since the purchase, they wouldn't fix it. We decided not to pay over $100 to fix it but by a panasonic bread maker instead. We hope it's a better quality with better service.

PaulusNewcastle

Paulus asked on Aug 30, 2013. I am still using these now

I use these units at least 2 to 3 times a week, I make a loaf that is as flat and brown on top as it is on the sides. I use the same bread recipe for crusty white as I do for my sultana loaf, that contains 220 grams of sultanas. For all my loaves I only use 500 grams of flour, Got to love these units. Mind you I think a few of my upgrade ideas would be beneficial to make the perfect loaf, Breville you are a little slow on the idea uptake. Paulus

How do I add a photo

BrevilleBreville

Hi Paulus - thanks for your comments. Our engineering team does receive these notifications - so suggestions always welcome. The Breville team

Paulus

Not sure if this will work you can see the bread you can make in this machine.

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 reviews