Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 (page 4 of 6)

MPNs: 1439, BBM800 and BBM800BSS

Pros

• Produces bakery-quality bread

• Durable and reliable

• Simple to use

Cons

• Paddle sometimes imprints on loaf

• Bread Quality & Consistency

Kosta Patsan

Kosta PatsanHunter Region, NSW

So Far So Very Good

Ika Silvia F

Ika Silvia FAU

Great bread maker but disappointing service

I like my bread maker but my fruit dispenser is not working from day one. I realised that after 3 weeks. Now I don't have my 2 months old maker for 3 weeks because repair company waiting for the new lid! I'm very disappointed and I won't by anything anymore from breville.

seaart

seaartMalua Bay

Works wonderfully

I've had this bread machine for about 3 months. No complaints at all. As long as I always place the paddle in the upright position there are no dramas.
The crust setting is always on high for me and the bread ilovely and crunchy as promised. Even made some jam in it just for fun and it turned out perfectly. I am very pleased that I upgraded to this model.

Fred

FredCentral, SA

Looked and decided to get a Brevile

The bread pan is too bad

My bread pan coating started to come off after six months, and the warranty doesn't cover the parts, only the machine only. This is very bad. I used the other brand before this for three year, the bread pan still very good. And I don't know I should buy another bread pan or buy a new machine. Will not buy Breville product again.

Great, except for the collapsible paddle

LynnieQ

LynnieQ

Very good machine

I have had this breadmaker for two weeks and have made six loaves of various kinds using several different flours. In each case the result has been excellent. I was a little dubious before buying because of some reported negative results, and read the manual twice before using to make sure that I was doing the right thing.
The collapsible paddle is not wonderful design, but it doesn't bother me and makes no difference to the rise, the fine crumb and the crisp crust of the loaf which also cuts very well. I have the option of removing it anyway. I am looking forward to trying the other facility of knead only to bake some artisan bread and baking gluten free bread for a coeliac friend. Delighted with the product!

marih

marihSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome!!

Love the Breville - The Custom Loaf Pro!! I am gluten and dairy free so I used the Biomed "Protein Rich Bread and Foccacia Mix" which has no yeast.
I just added:
450 gms of water.
50 gms of preferred oil
450 gms of the Biomed Protein Rich Bread and Foccacia Mix
I used the "Gluten Free" program with dark crust. In less than 2 hours the bread is ready.
The result? Perfect tasty and soft bread with a nice crust.
Congratulations, Breville!! Great Breadmaker!

Jims1Perth, WA

Brilliant!

Does a great job. Have made bread for many years by hand, so when I received this as a gift for Christmas I was wrapped! I mostly use the dough function as I still like to shape and bake myself but this takes all the hard kneading out especially for wholemeals which take a bit of kneading (who needs a gym!). Haven't faced any problems yet, I like that it beeps too at the start of the last rise so you can whip the paddle out so only have a little hole at the bottom.
All round very pleased.
- For those of you baking in WA and looking for decent bread flour, All about bread has all sorts of amazing bread flours for sale and Liz's advice is amazing!

BrevilleBreville

Hi Jims1 - good news. Thanks, the Breville team

Valm

ValmMansfield

Great, except for the collapsible paddle

I have had my BBM800 breadmaker for less than two years, so still under warranty. It makes great bread, my only complaint is that the collapsible paddle has not worked for some time now. It is stuck in the upright position, and I can not move it at all. Breville tells me that it is not covered under warranty, because it is a 'consumable' (read the small print on the warranty page) By the definition of consumable in my dictionary, this item does not fall into that category! If the paddle is not covered by warranty, surely that can be written in the instruction book, and we would all be clear. The price of a new paddle is about $15, but that is not the point, and I agree that Breville's after sales service is not good!

Disappointing

The collapsible paddle has never collapsed although it tries but that just means it rips more out of the bottom on the loaf. It's a couple of years old and now won't mix all the ingredients properly. There is so much play in the spindle and the paddle is very worn. I have probably made 150 loaves with it with varying success. Breville not interested in any complaints.

Breville After Sales Service

I will no longer buy a Breville product even though they have had some good products over the years BUT their After Sales Service is PATHETIC, they even make you feel like a liar when you report a problem.
Simply put a product is only as good as the back up that comes with it, in this department Breville FAILS dismally & has done for many years. I speak with the experience of receiving the same stand offish & often rude attitude on four separate occasions regarding three products, it's just NOT good enough, speaking as an engineer there are other product manufacturers with products just as good if not better with FAR better after sales service.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
BrevilleBreville

Hi Gra_Sim - thanks for your comments. They'll be flagged with the team.

jrxau

jrxauMelbourne

Great Bread Maker!

I received mine as a birthday present 6 months ago and I love it!
Probably bake a loaf a week on average and each one has been a great success from the staple yummy wholemeal seeded to delicious fruit loaves and savoury creations. Easy to use and clean. Only niggle is the paddle is very lose on the spindle and looks like it is designed to fail eventually. The "Light bulb Conspiracy" strikes again...

BobGippsland, VIC

Breville Bread Maker BBM800 Can somebody help please

Today I attempted to make my first loaf of bread.

Have the same issue as Daniel mentioned. The collapsible paddle won’t stay upright. Surely I don’t have to pack ingredients around the paddle to keep it upright. I’m also wondering how the machine will manage to keep the paddle upright and then flip it down when necessary during the baking process.
I’m not baking my first loaf today, will throw ingredients out until this issue is resolved.

Can anyway help. Please.

jt02

jt02australia

Poor quality product, with poor quality customer service!

Haley

HaleyFremantle

Very happy with this product

Making bread using flours like banana flour, kamut, spelt, with no issues, although with non-wheat based flours, the bread is probably ready before the random internet recipes say it is. Really nice for me to learn how to make doughs with ease, or even bake a cake using the bake setting, which is new for me. Happy with this product.

Naomi S.Breville

Thanks for the great review Haley!

Daniel

DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure yet.

Disappointed with Purchase

Donna

Donna

Fantastic !

Yum yum yum - bread is cooked to perfection, crusty crust and soft inside. Definitely a winner in our house. I had purchased a cheaper Breville first and it was terrible, Appliances Online were awesome when I complained and they were happy to refund and I then purchased the more expensive model from them, spend a little extra and it will be well worth it if you love perfect home made bread.

Luddite

LudditeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love my Breville bread maker

Mine is 10 years old! Obviously it's predecessor many times removed. It's paid for itself well and truly and makes superb breads and different types of dough. I love the freshness of the resulting products and being independent from what's on offer in the shops. The bread maker's reliability and durability encouraged me to stick with Breville products and they haven't let me down yet.
Quiet, great results every time, and the dough rises an ideal three times (just the best according to my naturopath) - a real partner in the kitchen.
I like my loaves a bit crus tier so I finish cooking them in the oven for an extra 15-20 minutes.

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 reviews

Diane

Dianeasked

The fruit and nut dispenser does not open. It is firmly closed. Can someone help please?

Irene B.

Irene B.asked

Our Breville machine’s paddle is flopping over to both sides instead of meeting resistance when in upright position and has scratched the bottom of the pan. It also makes a loud clicking tapping sound while kneading as it taps the bottom of the pan. Any ideas?

Juzzeeasked

I just purchased this machine and after using it for the first time the collapsible paddle is stuck in the pan and I cannot get it out.. help please!!!

Mez
Mez

It can get stuck. Alot of people have that problem. It may need a bit of force to get it out. I fill the pan with hot soapy water and you should be able to remove it easily. Make sure it is free of all dough mix before using it again. I had an old mschine ( not a Breville and had to leave the paddle in it for that reason. Stil worked OK.

Juzzee

I worked out how to release the paddle. I used a small syringe with olive oil and squirted it around where it goes on and it released immediately. Can’t believe I spent hours trying to get it off and it was that easy.

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features:

• Breville’s The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 is a breadmaker that can make 450g or 1.1kg sized loaves.
  • The bread maker has automatic programs - including gluten-free, yeast-free, crusty loaf, dough and pasta, and jam - as well as 9 custom settings that let you store your own customised recipes.
  • It has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser which mixes in any added ingredients at the right time in the breadmaking process, giving you one less thing to worry about.
  • A collapsible kneading blade mixes and folds in your ingredients before the machine starts expanding your dough with its ‘bake’ function.
  • This model has a smart LCD display that gives you a clear overview of the progress of your loaf from the mixing right through to the finished product.
  • It also has 60 minutes of backup power, so that if you have a power outage, your bread will continue to bake.
  • The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 costs $439.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the bread maker turned out bakery-quality bread that smelt and tasted great, and had the desired texture.
  • They also found that the machine was durable and reliable, consistently producing quality loaves over a long period of time.
  • According to reviewers, this machine is easy to use - reviewers appreciated that they could just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers took issue with the collapsible paddle in the bread maker, saying that it doesn’t really collapse after the mixing process, and so sticks into the loaf and leaves an imprint on its base. A few of the reviewers who noted this problem said they worked around it by utilising the pause function and removing the paddle before the final raise and bake.
CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours