Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

MPNs: 1439, BBM800 and BBM800BSS

Pros

• Produces bakery-quality bread

• Durable and reliable

• Simple to use

Cons

• Paddle sometimes imprints on loaf

Sandy McC

Sandy McCSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Could have been great but is not acceptable

Date PurchasedMay 2015

AnitaSydney, NSW

Disappointing

I have made bread for 18-19 years now, and have had about 8 different bread makers. This machine is not turning out normal looking bread though. It is rough and thick all around, never browns on the top. The top is like a barnacled ocean rock. It never rounds the top like every other breadmaker I have had, and the bread seems insufficiently mixed - I have always used brown and white bread mix together, and with this machine, it comes out in swirls through it. The difference between the bread from my previous machine and this one are starkly different, though it is the same mix. There is no way it will make a tall, smooth, soft crusted loaf.
So to me it's a bit of a dud.
If anyone has a solution for me, please let me know.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Anita

I have talked to Breville and am taking the breadmaker back for a replacement tomorrow.

LSC

LSCMelbourne

Very limited lifespan

I bought this machine 3 years ago and used it around 2 to 3 times a month. After around 2 and a half years, during a cycle the machine would switch off itself or the power would flicker at a very rapid rate. This problem use to go away by completely switching off the machine and re-starting again. However, now it has completely stopped working. I called Breville customer support and sent them a video of the problem as well. They said that as it is outside the 2 years warranty period they are unable to fix it. Given the price tag, the machine does not seem durable enough to last more that a couple of years.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Not up to scratch

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Rosie - if you still have the receipt please return to place of purchase. If you don't please contact customer service on 1300 139 798 for assistance. Thanks, the Breville team

Great while it worked!

I got this machine for Mothers Day last year and within three months the element stopped baking. I took it back to the store to get a replacement and again within another five months my bread started to become flat and dense, half the size it had been. I changed my yeast, bought new flour and still no luck. I have just returned it to the store and replaced it for a different brand and my bread is fluffy again.

The bread pan is too bad

My bread pan coating started to come off after six months, and the warranty doesn't cover the parts, only the machine only. This is very bad. I used the other brand before this for three year, the bread pan still very good. And I don't know I should buy another bread pan or buy a new machine. Will not buy Breville product again.

Gugo

GugoMelbourne

Dissappointing

The breadmaker bowl and paddle have very "gentle" coating and got worn and scratched after few uses. Called the customer support and was told the bowl and paddle are not covered with the warranty. They offered me to buy a new bowl and paddle for about the half price I paid for the whole brand new breadmaker.

The "warranty" does not cover a half of the breadmaker

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 reviews

Diane

Dianeasked

The fruit and nut dispenser does not open. It is firmly closed. Can someone help please?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Sure

Irene B.

Irene B.asked

Our Breville machine’s paddle is flopping over to both sides instead of meeting resistance when in upright position and has scratched the bottom of the pan. It also makes a loud clicking tapping sound while kneading as it taps the bottom of the pan. Any ideas?

Juzzeeasked

I just purchased this machine and after using it for the first time the collapsible paddle is stuck in the pan and I cannot get it out.. help please!!!

Mez
Mez

It can get stuck. Alot of people have that problem. It may need a bit of force to get it out. I fill the pan with hot soapy water and you should be able to remove it easily. Make sure it is free of all dough mix before using it again. I had an old mschine ( not a Breville and had to leave the paddle in it for that reason. Stil worked OK.

Juzzee

I worked out how to release the paddle. I used a small syringe with olive oil and squirted it around where it goes on and it released immediately. Can’t believe I spent hours trying to get it off and it was that easy.

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features:

• Breville’s The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 is a breadmaker that can make 450g or 1.1kg sized loaves.
  • The bread maker has automatic programs - including gluten-free, yeast-free, crusty loaf, dough and pasta, and jam - as well as 9 custom settings that let you store your own customised recipes.
  • It has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser which mixes in any added ingredients at the right time in the breadmaking process, giving you one less thing to worry about.
  • A collapsible kneading blade mixes and folds in your ingredients before the machine starts expanding your dough with its ‘bake’ function.
  • This model has a smart LCD display that gives you a clear overview of the progress of your loaf from the mixing right through to the finished product.
  • It also has 60 minutes of backup power, so that if you have a power outage, your bread will continue to bake.
  • The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 costs $439.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the bread maker turned out bakery-quality bread that smelt and tasted great, and had the desired texture.
  • They also found that the machine was durable and reliable, consistently producing quality loaves over a long period of time.
  • According to reviewers, this machine is easy to use - reviewers appreciated that they could just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers took issue with the collapsible paddle in the bread maker, saying that it doesn’t really collapse after the mixing process, and so sticks into the loaf and leaves an imprint on its base. A few of the reviewers who noted this problem said they worked around it by utilising the pause function and removing the paddle before the final raise and bake.
CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours