Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

• Bread Quality & Consistency
Lynne T.

Lynne T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed.

Purchased this unit in June 2019 and have used it weekly and always with pleasing results. However, I have noticed that there is a small spot on the inside of the bread pan where I think the non stick coating has peeled or blistered back . On contacting Breville I was informed that this item is not covered by warranty and therefore a replacement fee would be charged. For an expensive item that is only approx. 18 months old and which has been cared for meticulously I am extremely disappointed to say the least. Hopefully the "peeling" will not continue and I will have no future problems with the pan but in the event that this does occur I will definately not be purchasing a Breville again nor will I be recommending it to others.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer.

Smaths

SmathsSydney

Good Bread maker, with loads of features but not the best

Purchased in March 2019.

Stalinmos

StalinmosDeloraine

Great product pity about the warranty

This bread maker has been great for making bread for the last year my only problem is with the warranty. The collapsible paddle on mine just fell apart and when I rang to get a replacement breville told me it is not covered by warranty as it isn't a major component of the machine. Considering you can't make bread without the paddle I would consider this a major component.

Bread Makers

Find out how Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 compares to other Bread Makers

Graham Wilkings

Graham WilkingsBrisbane

collapsible blade

The collapsible blade on my machine was good for about 4 loaves ; after that there was baked bread gumming up the pivot of the blade , no amount of cleaning or lubricating the blade would free it up . This left a hole in the bottom of the bread . Great concept but bad engineering .

BrevilleBreville

Hi Graham - the design team receives these notifications and appreciates feedback. Thanks, the Breville team

tracyCentral West, NSW

frustrating

the collapsible blade doesn't collapse...at all...i have used this machine three times since purchasing about a fortnight ago and not once has it collapsed...resulting in the bottom of the breads being torn and a gluten free loaf unuseable as it was smashed in order to remove from the pan...its even difficult to remove the blade to clean it....why doesn't mine work???

BrevilleBreville

Hi Tracy - please call customer service on 1300 139 798 for assistance. Thanks, the Breville team

Steve

SteveLisarow

Good but the collapsible blade...and breville don't sell replacement parts for it!

BrevilleBreville

Hi Steve - the design team receives these notifications and appreciates feedback. Thanks, the Breville team

Ika Silvia F

Ika Silvia FAU

Great bread maker but disappointing service

I like my bread maker but my fruit dispenser is not working from day one. I realised that after 3 weeks. Now I don't have my 2 months old maker for 3 weeks because repair company waiting for the new lid! I'm very disappointed and I won't by anything anymore from breville.

Daniel

DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure yet.

Are bread machines good value

Bread Makers

Find out how Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 compares to other Bread Makers

amanda

amandaperth

disappointed

This is my third Breville bread maker. Had the custom pro for two weeks & the light doesn't work. Also very 'clunky' sounding. Breville don't want to know, told me to return it to Myer. They have none in stock & don't know when they will. Next stop Consumer Protection. Why cant I buy an appliance that is built to perform any more.

JAID
JAID
See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 reviews

Diane

Dianeasked

The fruit and nut dispenser does not open. It is firmly closed. Can someone help please?

Irene B.

Irene B.asked

Our Breville machine’s paddle is flopping over to both sides instead of meeting resistance when in upright position and has scratched the bottom of the pan. It also makes a loud clicking tapping sound while kneading as it taps the bottom of the pan. Any ideas?

Juzzeeasked

I just purchased this machine and after using it for the first time the collapsible paddle is stuck in the pan and I cannot get it out.. help please!!!

Mez
Mez

It can get stuck. Alot of people have that problem. It may need a bit of force to get it out. I fill the pan with hot soapy water and you should be able to remove it easily. Make sure it is free of all dough mix before using it again. I had an old mschine ( not a Breville and had to leave the paddle in it for that reason. Stil worked OK.

Juzzee

I worked out how to release the paddle. I used a small syringe with olive oil and squirted it around where it goes on and it released immediately. Can’t believe I spent hours trying to get it off and it was that easy.

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours