Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

MPNs: 1439, BBM800 and BBM800BSS

• Bread Quality & Consistency

Very Useful item

I can make my own bread, Pizza Doughs, Jam, Marmalade, in many varieties of my own choice. I believe Bread makers are very useful when you live at home.I still use Breville recipes in my Sunbeam bread maker, for I believe they work better.

Purchased in May 2007 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $349.00.

The T.

The T.

It's does GREAT breads...but one small flaw

So this is probably the best breads I've seen come out of one of these machines. It is VERY uniform and tastes fantastic...however, during the kneading process, if you don't get your dough perfect (and I've followed the recipe in the instruction book to a T), the motor will make a grinding noise. It's not the end of the world but it sure does make you think about your dough a bit more. Having said that I've had it for a few months now and it's still going strong. You can see the results of me cutting a loaf here:

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for $369.00.

Llb1977

Llb1977

Almost perfect!

Love love love my bread maker. It is SO easy to use. I love all the different options to personalise the loaves. My one complaint is with the collapsible dough hook. Mine seized up very early on, unfortunately. I'd rather have a hole in the bottom of the loaf then have to purchase new dough hooks every time they break. I'd still probably buy this again, despite this issue!

Mr E

Mr EPerth

Almost perfect

Purchased in February 2019 for $269.00.

Tony B

Tony BFar North Queensland, QLD

Sticking, hard to move collapsible paddle

I make bread almost every day. I have always cleaned the paddle with a toothbrush to remove all bread I could see. It eventually became very stiff. The only way I resolved this was by unscrewing the 1.5mm hex screw on the paddle end manually cleaning the bar and the hole it went into. Now it’s as good as new again

Purchased in April 2018 for $289.00.

Rose

RoseVictoria

Not only wonderful bread .... pizza, pasta and more

Four years of excessive use and it produces the best bread, pizza dough and pasta dough. Works well and only recently commenced making an occasional loud clunking noise with initial settings, but the machine continues through all of its stages without fault. When I offer to bring something to family for dinner, they always ask me to make bread.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
MaryL

MaryLMelbourne

My poor bread machine

I love my bread machine,use it twice a week for the last four years, no problems. Just recently the bread has been coming out like it was punched and twisted before it was cooked. It is awful, its tough and hard and I can't even use it for breadcrumbs.So I stood and watched it and found that it was kneading again half way through the baking process,which explained the horrible bread. Any ideas, can it be fixed?

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Collapsible paddle

I too have had problems with the collapsible paddle seizing up. My solution is to boil the paddle for 10 minutes with 1 tbsp of white vinegar and 1 tsp of bicarb and water just to cover. I use this machine at least 3 times a week and not had any other problems.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

FredaADELAIDE

Never have to buy Bread again

I have had my Breville Bread maker for two months now and I absolutely love it. I make
4-5 loaves a week and have also tried brioche which was delicious. The only thing I have a problem with is the bread has a hole on the bottom where the paddle is. So I presume the paddle doesn't collapse at the end of mixing.
I love to wake up to the smell of fresh bread.

Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Freda - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Performance of my BBM600

I used this machine for over 4 years without failure making 5 loafs a week with not a problem at all.
The folding paddle is cleaned and washed with a tooth brush and warm water this works well for me
Yes indeed it shows wear and tear so does a new car, if you don't like make your bread in the oven.
Good luck

Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Kramer - thanks for your comments The Breville team

Fran

FranWestern Australia

Great Machines needs improving

I am happy with this Machine. The 3 faults it does have 1.The paddle go so hard its hard to use. 2. Wash mine very careful but the pan is starting to peel, I have 2 of them and both the same. 3. Do not wash the bottom of the pan in water that rust after awhile, nor do I set for hours in advance as the water starts to go through the bottom. Remember most things are made in china now days. If breville were to improve on that I believe they would have the best machine on the market.

Valm

ValmMansfield

Great, except for the collapsible paddle

I have had my BBM800 breadmaker for less than two years, so still under warranty. It makes great bread, my only complaint is that the collapsible paddle has not worked for some time now. It is stuck in the upright position, and I can not move it at all. Breville tells me that it is not covered under warranty, because it is a 'consumable' (read the small print on the warranty page) By the definition of consumable in my dictionary, this item does not fall into that category! If the paddle is not covered by warranty, surely that can be written in the instruction book, and we would all be clear. The price of a new paddle is about $15, but that is not the point, and I agree that Breville's after sales service is not good!

BobGippsland, VIC

Breville Bread Maker BBM800 Can somebody help please

Today I attempted to make my first loaf of bread.

Have the same issue as Daniel mentioned. The collapsible paddle won’t stay upright. Surely I don’t have to pack ingredients around the paddle to keep it upright. I’m also wondering how the machine will manage to keep the paddle upright and then flip it down when necessary during the baking process.
I’m not baking my first loaf today, will throw ingredients out until this issue is resolved.

Can anyway help. Please.

SAGAMSydney, NSW

Best bread maker I have used but does not last

We have had this bread maker for nearly two years only and we use it constantly but is is now having serious trouble. At first it worked perfectly but now it is making some really loud noises and is not cooking the bread as well as it did originally. We find it best to start the cycle with the stirring arm in the upright position or otherwise it does not mix the bread as it does not stand up on the correct cycle during kneading. At the end of the third kneading we remove the Kneading stirring arm to avoid the bread being damaged. I expect and expensive bread maker like this to last longer than 2 years.........
Settings can be set up to your requirements, not fully Auto
Does not last

SAGAM

So it finally died and to be honest i could not find a better alternative so i bought another.

Matthew

Matthew

Good

So far so good. It makes bread.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but water interacting with the stainless steel causes streaking very easily.

I found some recipes make the bread too dry. The cheaper model below this one has recipes that are not included in the premium model for some reason.

Almost every loaf I have made so far has been lopsided when I am pretty sure done everything exactly as recipe says to do.

I wish the loaf pan & paddles were dishwasher safe.
Reliable. Good looking.
Water causes streak marks easily. Expensive. Not dishwasher safe. Recipe book errors & lack of recipes. Lopsided loafs.

Julia03

Julia03PENRITH

• Selected Review

A couple of design flaws but Gluten Free Success!!!

Tezza
Tezza

$188? That's fantastic. 9 months later the best I can find is $229 and then there's delivery

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 reviews

Diane

Dianeasked

The fruit and nut dispenser does not open. It is firmly closed. Can someone help please?

Irene B.

Irene B.asked

Our Breville machine’s paddle is flopping over to both sides instead of meeting resistance when in upright position and has scratched the bottom of the pan. It also makes a loud clicking tapping sound while kneading as it taps the bottom of the pan. Any ideas?

Juzzeeasked

I just purchased this machine and after using it for the first time the collapsible paddle is stuck in the pan and I cannot get it out.. help please!!!

Mez
Mez

It can get stuck. Alot of people have that problem. It may need a bit of force to get it out. I fill the pan with hot soapy water and you should be able to remove it easily. Make sure it is free of all dough mix before using it again. I had an old mschine ( not a Breville and had to leave the paddle in it for that reason. Stil worked OK.

Juzzee

I worked out how to release the paddle. I used a small syringe with olive oil and squirted it around where it goes on and it released immediately. Can’t believe I spent hours trying to get it off and it was that easy.

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours