Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

MPNs: 1439, BBM800 and BBM800BSS

Pros

• Produces bakery-quality bread

• Durable and reliable

• Simple to use

Cons

• Paddle sometimes imprints on loaf

• Bread Quality & Consistency

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

I am the lord of loaves.

I am the ruler of the land of the loaf. I sit atop a throne of bread sticks and sour dough.
1st loaf I ever made with this bad boy has turned out perfectly. Only thing U could fault on the machine is the paddle at the bottom that sticks into the loaf but it's a minor thing considering how much of a good quality piece of loaf I got.
Get it, you knead it.

Yue C.

Yue C.South East Queensland, QLD

Love it !

I purchased this bread maker after loads of research. I've been using it 1-2 times/week for over 3 months now. Recipes are very helpful. Takes around 5mins to put all ingredients in. Bread always came out with consistency. I like soft bread so I'm able to use the customized setting to set kneading time a bit longer. Overall a great machine, can't live without it now.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys.

MezAU

Best BM

I have had this for about 6 weeks and just love it. Had one years ago (not a Breville) that wobbled all over the bench (I could not leave it to bake alone). This one is fantastic. The fold down paddle is not well made but I remove it before the final raise and bake. I discovered that the machine alerts you to this (took a few bakes to figure it out) and gives you time to pause the setting, remove the paddle and restart again.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for $379.00.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very very good. Worth the extra $

This is the second bread maker I have owned since they first became popular about 15 years ago. It replaces a base model Breville that had a good run for about 5 years and produced hundreds of loaves. So far I have baked 12 loaves using the built in recipes (4 wholemeal and 8 white) and all have been excellent. Bakery quality in smell, taste and texture. The folding paddle is a great feature, and despite what others have said, it has worked consistently every time. I think the trick is to soak and clean the mechanism well after each bake. Oven light is also very handy feature that my old maker lacked. Looking forward to trying some of the recipes in the supplied book now that I am confident with its results.
Highly recommended!

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $349.00.

Tan

TanPerth, WA

Fantastic Product, love it!

Not only for bread making but the jam setting is brilliant too. Also made banana cake and utilised the auto nut dispenser, very handy. Very happy and highly recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $309.00.

Rose

RosePerth, WA

This is the best thing I’ve ever spent money on!

It makes excellent bread but only in the smaller two sizes. When I try to make a loaf bigger than a kilo the flour doesn’t get mixed in properly. Also the “Collapsible” paddle doesn’t actually Collapse. But the small loaves come out excellent! And the time delay feature is inexplicably useful.

Purchased in February 2020 at Gumtree for $150.00.

marba

marbaNortheast, VIC

Excellent machine. Absolutely hate the paddle!

I have had 4 breville bread machines and 1 Panasonic bread machine over 25 years. The Breville BBM 800 Is by far the best. Very easy to program. Makes great sourdough.
Why have they stopped supplying them with a fixed paddle?
The collapsible paddle is a big problem. It jams flat very early in the process, and I have to check it all the time, or I have will have an unmixed loaf at the end. This means that you cant put an overnight loaf on to bake.
I do all the suggestions posted on product reviews. Cleaning, soaking, brushing.
This vital part needs to have grub screws attaching it to its shaft, so that it can be taken apart for cleaning, instead of a dowel pin. Or give users the option of a non collapsible blade, when purchasing.

Purchased in December 2017.

mollydooka

mollydookaPerth, WA

Best bread machine to date

Purchased in June 2019.

Paddomike

PaddomikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use versatile bread maker

We have been making our own bread for over 30 years now, and this is our fourth Breville bread maker, and the best one so far. We have had it for over four years. We make 3 loaves a week on average. It is easy to use, and easy to set your own program, a must with some mixes. It is reasonably quiet and all features work well. Love it.

Purchased at Myer for $329.00.

Gary

GaryHunter Region, NSW

Great Bread Machine

From the delighted calls of wow! and yum! I'd say that the taste and textures of the bread produced is top of the line.
I've owned three bread makers now since c1995. This is the best so far mainly because of the collapsible paddle. It works like a dream.
The machine itself is clean and sleek, the instruction manual well laid out and very well written albeit for a couple of spelling mistakes.

Purchased at Appliances Online for $294.00.

mitchger

mitchgerSydney, NSW

Loved it

This bread maker was a pleasure to use and it looks the part. No problems. The instructions were easy to understand, the screen was big and clear, and it was all round very easy and effective.

Purchased in October 2016 at Myer for $329.00.

Chrissy

ChrissyCentral West, NSW

Love this machine

We searched the internet to find the best bread maker and chose this machine. It’s brilliant. Measure, pour in and the machine does the rest. We run a small bnb and make small loaves for our guests. It’s easy, fun and fabulous!! There are heaps of YouTube videos to learn from on line.
Highly recommended for bread making newbies like me.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
inara

inara

use it every week

Need assistance to change settings but one day will get my head around this.
However it makes wonderful bread.
Just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.
I have only had to adjust the sugar to a little less in the recipes.
I no longer buy bread and this is how bread should taste!
Made rye and carraway for our traditional Christmas Eve Dinner.
We can no longer buy this and sent my brother home with a loaf to freeze.
He commented that this was the closest to what we used to buy at the supermarket.
Looking forward to making spiced fruit bread for Easter.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
CJR

CJR

Wonderful Large Loaf Machine With Collapsible Blade.

Wonderful machine with many different preset functions. The large loaf tin makes for a great size for the larger family loves or simply select a smaller loaf option. It has a nut and seed feeder for adding those different ingredients during cooking. Is a wonderful looking machine also with the stainless steel finish

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Golden Oldie

Golden Oldie

Bread heaven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Tam

TamCairns, Queensland

Awesome!

This bread maker is fantastic! I regularly make wholemeal bread with it and it comes out perfectly. I haven’t bought shop bread for 2 months now. It’s so easy to use, just put everything in and leave it to make bread like magic. I do take it out at the start of rise 3 and remove the paddle and that way there’s only a very small hole on the base of the bread. I’ve tried all sizes except the smallest and you get a substantial loaf. I’ve also used it for pizza and pasta dough and both turned out great. Highly recommended. The shape of the loaf on the top can be a little unusual but that makes it feel more homemade.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
RJ

RJ

Reliable and easy to use!

I was hesitant to buy a bread maker at first as I wasn't sure if it would get enough use, however it has proven me wrong! Use almost every week and great for making quick pizza and pasta dough. bake is consistant and easy to clean up after use. Great for making flavoured breads.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Jay Jay

Jay JayLady Barron

Excellent product

Our first one decided to play up, but only after several years and a LOT of use. Checked out all the others but this is still the best one on the market as far as we are concerned. We do find that spraying the pan with spray oil helps to stop any bits sticking to the sides and leaving the main loaf.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Azza

AzzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

reliable and does the job well

Date PurchasedDec 2014
delphii

delphiiSydney

So far very happy with my breadmaker - sharing my first custom receipe

Date PurchasedApr 2017
See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 reviews

Diane

Dianeasked

The fruit and nut dispenser does not open. It is firmly closed. Can someone help please?

Irene B.

Irene B.asked

Our Breville machine’s paddle is flopping over to both sides instead of meeting resistance when in upright position and has scratched the bottom of the pan. It also makes a loud clicking tapping sound while kneading as it taps the bottom of the pan. Any ideas?

Juzzeeasked

I just purchased this machine and after using it for the first time the collapsible paddle is stuck in the pan and I cannot get it out.. help please!!!

Mez

It can get stuck. Alot of people have that problem. It may need a bit of force to get it out. I fill the pan with hot soapy water and you should be able to remove it easily. Make sure it is free of all dough mix before using it again. I had an old mschine ( not a Breville and had to leave the paddle in it for that reason. Stil worked OK.

Juzzee

I worked out how to release the paddle. I used a small syringe with olive oil and squirted it around where it goes on and it released immediately. Can’t believe I spent hours trying to get it off and it was that easy.

See all Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features:

• Breville’s The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 is a breadmaker that can make 450g or 1.1kg sized loaves.
  • The bread maker has automatic programs - including gluten-free, yeast-free, crusty loaf, dough and pasta, and jam - as well as 9 custom settings that let you store your own customised recipes.
  • It has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser which mixes in any added ingredients at the right time in the breadmaking process, giving you one less thing to worry about.
  • A collapsible kneading blade mixes and folds in your ingredients before the machine starts expanding your dough with its ‘bake’ function.
  • This model has a smart LCD display that gives you a clear overview of the progress of your loaf from the mixing right through to the finished product.
  • It also has 60 minutes of backup power, so that if you have a power outage, your bread will continue to bake.
  • The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 costs $439.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the bread maker turned out bakery-quality bread that smelt and tasted great, and had the desired texture.
  • They also found that the machine was durable and reliable, consistently producing quality loaves over a long period of time.
  • According to reviewers, this machine is easy to use - reviewers appreciated that they could just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers took issue with the collapsible paddle in the bread maker, saying that it doesn’t really collapse after the mixing process, and so sticks into the loaf and leaves an imprint on its base. A few of the reviewers who noted this problem said they worked around it by utilising the pause function and removing the paddle before the final raise and bake.
CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours