Breville Smart Scoop BCI600

MPNs: 35903044 and BCI600

51 questions from our users

Jill

Jillasked

Hello, every time we use the ice cream maker the liquid ends up around the center post and into the bottom although we are very careful adding the ingredients . Where exactly is the small gasket on the inner post supposed to sit? I’m wondering if it is in the wrong location and this allowing the liquid to seep in to the middle. Thanks!

poly r.

poly r.asked

hello my machine skips the process in manual and in auto..it proceeds to the finish after 15 sec's and bypass's the process and says remove blade...

Ian Clark

One of mine did the same, I took it back still under warranty and they fixed it, something to do with the thermostat

poly r.

poly r.asked

hello ..my problem is that i start my machine on a ice cream setting and starts to churn then in 15 secs it says remove paddle ready,It looks like it skips the timing process in both manual and auto as indictor line just moves straight up to desired setting of Gelato,ice cream ,frozen yogurt, it seems to by passing the process.

Ricki

Rickiasked

Help I have obviously spilled mix down the middle some hope and have had my machine in storeage just opened it and it smelled so I checked it and looks like some has gone down into the rotating part please how do I get in there to clean it ? Do I have to take the whole case off ?

Janasked

I was given this model as a gift in January 2019 and have only just tried it out. First time (January 2020) trying to make a sorbet but the machine indicates that it is operating at 27 degrees celsius- it started at 18 degrees C and has increased. Have tried manual setting (as suggested in manual when not using egg-white), tried pre-cool (and it didn't) and auto setting for sorbet. What can I do to make my sorbet?

Ian Clark

Sounds like the issue I had with one of the 3 of them I've had. Thermostat isn't working, take it back on warrantee as quick as you can. If I wasn't taking mine back and getting it fixed I'd never had made any ice cream.

many thanks

TLC

TLCasked

I've had my Smart Scoop for about 4 mths. Right from the start, the pre-cool didn't beep. The paddle starts to go after 5-15 mins, as if it's ready for the Start button. But because it doesn't beep, I don't actually know if it's ready to start churning. This has been the case since my first time using it. Anyone know the solution? I've already tried re-setting it to the factory settings, etc.

Ian Clark

Having had 3 of them u der warranty my advice it take it back while under warranty. I kept thanking mine back and it would be replaced. Never helped in the end they are all faulty but don’t make fo with your e en at the smallest thing. My first one did similar. Nd I was told it was a thermostat problem

BrevilleBreville

For all issues, resolutions and troubleshooting, please contact Breville directly by email at askus@breville.com.au, by calling 61 1300 139 798, or by filling out our web form: https://brevilleusa.secure.force.com/reg/webtocaseweb?param=AU&language=en_AU&brand=Breville

Donna A.

Donna A.asked

Why is my ice cream maker squeaking?

Amy Griffith

Amy Griffithasked

Our hardness selector scroller wont scroll anymore. Is there a way to fix the silver knob?
Also how do you change from manual back to auto setting?

Ian Clark

I am on my 3rd one of these, all under warranty of sorts. All have developed different issues from the thermostat stopping to the current one that just grinds to a halt as if frozen before the ice cream is finished. They are just crap and if under warranty take it back

BrevilleBreville

Hello Amy, Please contact us at askus@breville.com.au and we'll be happy to go through any troubleshooting we have to resolve this with you.

uli kruger
uli kruger

I have the same problem, machine is stuck in manual mode. I contacted Breville on thd email in the post, but no solution was offered. All they said was I should visit a service center with my problem.

Fijiasked

Have had for a week and used three times.
Each time the machine gets progressively noisier around the sorbet coldness level. Eventually it stops churning all together. So it never fully completes the cycle. Thinking I need to return.

Rebecca Hearn

Makes sense that it might get noisier as the contents thickens but if it’s not completing the cycle then it may need checking... although from sorbet to ice cream is only a short time...does it chime to say it’s done or does it just stop and not say that it’s finished...

Fiji

It just stops churning and never chimes.
I rang Breville and they gave me a reference number and said to return to retailer and exchange for a new one - which I have done. Cross fingers new one works when I trial this weekend!

Doug K

Doug Kasked

When the button to keep ice cream cold is pressed, power turns off after a few minutes. Anyone have this same issue?

BrevilleBreville

This is not something we would expect from the Breville® Smart Scoop™. Have you contacted our consumer support team for troubleshooting and assistance with this?

Naren N.

Naren N.asked

We have the BCI600 smart scoop ice cream machine which we bought several months ago. Suddenly the temperature display is stuck at 50 degrees Celsius (122 degrees Fahrenheit). The ice cream maker still cools down and freezes the ice cream and the machine still dings when it’s time to add the mixture, and when it’s finished churning. But the temperature display stays at the 50 degrees celcius, never changing. any ideas?

Rebecca Hearn

If it’s under warranty get it fixed ASAP. Mines out of warranty and the digital display has basically stopped responding. It still freezes and churns but you can’t adjust the settings or display. You have to eyeball it for “doneness”. Seems to be a common fault - breville should take responsibility for this since it’s so common. But sadly they won’t. So get it fixed quick, while the warranty still applies.

Stevie

Stevieasked

In my machine the blade won’t spin, and it stops running after a few minutes saying it is done when it is still liquid. What is wrong with it?

Gabriel C.
Gabriel C.

I am having the same problem from my first try, but not only the blade won't spin but the machine ends the process within a 5-10 seconds.

Kay

Kayasked

I can't find the serial number n my smart scoop ice cream maker. Any help?

Mila

Milaasked

My Breville ice cream maker is shutting itself off after a minute or two of churning. The air vents are not blocked. Is there something I could be doing wrong? I have this machine for 1.5 year.

Archana

Archanaasked

Hi, i have just received the new sage icecream maker. I'm having difficulty removing the icecream tub from the machine. Any help?

Jane

Janeasked

My Smart Scoop Ice Cream Machine arrived just the other day and I am wanting to use it for the first time so I have taken the lid off, removed the paddle but for the life of me I cannot get the bowl out to clean. Is there some trick to it?
Help!

bookman
bookman

I had same problem, and found a video where they just lifted it out, went back and pulled a little harder and it came out , mine was just in tight its not attached to anything so it should just pull out with a little extra effort.... i was afraid to break mine too

mysha

myshaasked

Should the ice cream ingredients be placed in the bowl (with paddle in place) during prequel function?

Annabel G

Annabel Gasked

My smart scoop was delivered interstate and we cannot remove the bowl, is there some trick to it I’ve tried twist and lift but it won’t budge ???

Lindita R

Lindita Rasked

I just bought this machine, and Auto is stacked into Gelato. It doesn't work in any other functions. I tried to switch into Manual, and it doesn't work, while the Power is on. Anyone knows how to solve this???

Maria

Mariaasked

Hi I have just tried my ice cream maker for the first time and it’s not freezing and the bar indicator is not going past the cooling section. I have been trying all day and now on the 4th batch and it looks like it’s not working either. I pre cooled and then waited for it to ding which it did at a temp of 18c and I then presses start as it told me to. The temp gets down to about 11c and no lower. Just not freezing. I followed the recipe in the manual. The quick vanilla ice cream. Feeling very frustrated as wasted so much ingredients and time on this and it was my birthday present. Pls help maria

peter
peter

I hate to tell you, but the machine is a dud. I had the same experience, and I suspect others have too, given that there are always people selling used ones on ebay & gumtree. If you can manage to return it to the store for a refund, do it. Unfortunately, there's not much in the way of alternatives in the domestic ice cream machine market. They're all under-powered. If you can manage to pick up a good second hand commercial machine like a Musso or RobotCoupe for under $500, you'll have a terrific machine for the rest of your life.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives