Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS

Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS Questions & Answers

MPNs: 35904110, 947 and BES810BSS

37 questions from our users

Tammy-Leah S.asked

My machine seems to have steam and water droplets escaping fron around the hex attachment at the top of the steam wand. It is tight, how do I fix this please Thanks

Allieb44
Allieb44asked

I have just bought this. I can not seem to get a good strong coffee from it. It just seems really watery and very weak. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong please?

Nipun L.

depending on which basket you use, you will want to use a certain amount of ground coffee. the duo temp pro comes with an 18g basket and i believe a 12g. In my opinion i would say go for the 18g. make sure u coffee is ground fine enough but not so fine you get only a few drops out. you want to aim for a 36g pull during 27-30 seconds. if you are using pre-ground coffee use the pressurised "dual wall" basket. keep in mind none of these variables are set in stone so feel free to play around with them. theres a playlist on youtube that i really recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTFsBqhpLes&list=PLxz0FjZMVOl15gHRbhcZSDvlgUV4vxnp9

Connie
Connieasked

Can I use generic cleaning powders to clean machine? Thanks

Tammy-Leah S.

Don't know about powders, but I put 2 litres of vinegar through it....I put the vinegar in, let it sit for about 2 hrs, then let 1/2 out through the coffee part and then the rest out through the milk nozzle. Then I repeat with about 2 full water containers. I've had mine forever

Mike L.
Mike L.asked

hello, i bought my Breville Duo Temp Pro last November and i have been using it regularly. I also clean it and descale it on a regular basis. It works very well. One question i had and cannot seem to fid anything related on the internet for it: how is the water supposed to drip from the shower head? say i do not put the portafilter and run the water for 3 second before each extraction, i noticed that the water drips from the left side of the shower head and has a more consistent and bigger flow (strip) of water coming our of the right side. is that normal? i have seen other shower heads just push water out of the small nozzles like a real shower head. i am getting some crema, but not thick enough. thank you for answering that .

Samir B.
Samir B.

The coffee should "fall" out off both nozzles as there is no pressure on that part of the porta filter.
The pressure and crema is caused by the amount of coffee, the course/fineness and by how hard its tamped.
Maybe the surface where your dtp is standing is not levelled.
Last thing if you hold the empty portafilter under running water it should come out of both nozzles.

Issey
Isseyasked

My 2 yo Duo Temp Pro didn’t come with a silicon cleaning disc, should it have?

yes. but i can buy a blank basket 54mm and it should fit. it works the same way

Chris C.
Chris C.asked

I've had this machine for maybe about 3 years now and it's been great. However, it stopped working altogether last week. At first, the light didn't even come on. Later that day, I tried again and it came on, you could hear the pump activating. I cleaned it out and made coffee that afternoon.

Fast forward to the next morning, same deal, it wouldn't come on. Sometimes the light comes on but there is no sound of anything activating like it normally does. Eventually, the light goes off again after a few minutes. I reckon it's dead but I thought I'd throw it up on the forum for any suggestions...

Jenny
Jennyasked

My duo temp pro makes luke warm espresso....how can I make it hotter?

ABJ
ABJasked

Hi there. A problem others have mentioned above, but with no answer that I can see... the water stops pumping through the coffee at anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds. I thought this was a manual machine? It's not such a problem making a single shot - that's roughly the time required. But for a double, it should pour for longer right? Why is the auto cut-off?

Hi
I have not experienced this problem at all !
Machine is completely manual, I make sure out of habit that I fill the tank every time I turn on the machine !
I make up to 6 cups a day and multiple cups all the time for no issues at all.
This is a very capable machine in my opinion.

dingman65

I must add that I use the whole (double) shot for a single cup as I like a strong cup. I do not put 2 cups under filter at once!

Dsan
Dsan

Hi ABJ, I noticed that this machine does a auto-cutoff with the espresso mode after 1 minute (from the time I turn the dial to espresso to the time the machine shuts off with the power button blinking...). Is this what you are seeing as well? Have you got a fix on this?

chris d.
chris d.asked

What beans do you use

BenMiles
BenMiles

We've tried Bean'd, Illy, Industrie, Republica Coffee and Aldi's Lazzio brand. Bean'd has probably given us the best results.

Eddie O.
Eddie O.asked

breville bes810bss duo temp pro espresso machine no hot water
please can help me

Kitty
Kittyasked

I bought this machine 17 months ago. While i love the machine and it makes great coffee i would have loved it to have worked for a bit longer. Can’t extract coffee from the machine. It simply doesn’t work anymore. Now to take it to someone to fix is simply not viable. A tad annoyed. Kathryn.

nome
nomeasked

Can this machine be used without the water filters?

Daniel Harvison
Daniel Harvison

I believe so, I've been doing it since I bought the machine. Helps that I already use filtered water anyway..

Paul
Paulasked

can you purchase pods for this machine?

Kassio
Kassioasked

I do know that the cup is Stainless Steel and I would like to know if there is any plastic inside the cup or it's all Stainless Steel?

Peter
Peter

It's ALL stainless steel.

FOOD H.
FOOD H.

Mine had a black plastic disk at the bottom that goes thru the hole, but I was able to pop it out with a stainless steel straw. It is in there very tight so took awhile. Seems to work normally. I don't remember seeing this disk in the older models, and seems to have no purpose. I don't like hot touching plastic. The machine already might have plastic tubing inside for water to flow through, but I like to minimize plastic as much as possible.

Becki Masked

I have had my BES810 for a year now cleaning regularly, this morning no coffee would come out, the last time this happened I cleaned the machine and the filter cup, however this has not fixed the problem this time

I have tried reducing the amount of coffee ground in the filter cup but that hasn’t worked, only a few dribbled of coffee come out and when I remove the filter cup after turning the water off there is a lot of pressure and the coffee grind is very watery. Any ideas?

Sledge Hammer

Since it appears that the pump is working, but not going through the filter cup, the filter cup must be blocked. All I can suggest is that the filter cup needs a more detailed cleaning. Make a coffee using a different filter cup and see what happens.

Becki M

Hi sledgehammer I have tried with a different filter on and it is the same outcome

Fired Up
Fired Up

Normal logical process of action for me
1. Check the manual
2. Google search
3. Contact Breville

Please share the outcome.

John R
John Rasked

My warming plate on top doesn’t get very warm, Luke warm at best is this normal? I mean I leave machine warm up ten min and still Luke warm how is this supposed to warm a cup??

Christinaasked

Is the water hot with your machine? Mine is just warm, because of this, the coffee tastes weak and disgusting. I'm trying to work out if I need to exchange or refund...

Sledge Hammer

The water is so hot that it needs to be sipped. Any more than that and you would burn your tongue.

Lorena
Lorena

Mine is hot too...

Christina

Thanks for your answers. I will get it exchanged. Mine is no where near the same temperature as yours.

vicki
vickiasked

Please help. I received my Breville duo -temp pro as a gift yesterday. When I remove the portafilter, the filter basket does not remove with it. What am I doing wrong?

Sledge Hammer

Don't put the portafilter on too tight

Chezza
Chezzaasked

How do you take the shower screen off the duo temp pro?

Sierra
Sierraasked

I bought my Duo Temp Pro 3 years ago and have gotten so much use out of it. It has become a huge part of my every day routine! I absolutely love it!!! Yesterday it started fizzling while extraction leaving me with only 3 drops of coffee rather than a whole shot. I keep my machine very clean and regularily descale. My 2 year warrantee is already expired and i'm hoping this is something I can fix! Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines