Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS

longreefbeach
longreefbeachNewcastle

Fire Hazard - pump does not turn off

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Espresso temperature is really down

Although i love this the Breville Duo-Temp Pro machine, but I am very disappointed about my espresso temperature, it's not hot at all, it's not true that the espresso temperature will be around 200F as it's written in the breville packaging, I am really disappointed about this specific point. Breville customer service, could you please explain me why you have written that the espresso will be at 93 CELSIUS.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Cheeky08
Cheeky08Sydney

Appalling customer service and temperamental machine

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

InesACT

Not off to a good start....let-down

BrevilleBreville

Hi Ines - can you please contact customer service and discuss this issue with one of our coffee specialists - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Greg
Greg Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't hold pressure! Takes forever to make a coffee

The Steam wand takes forever to heat up and very difficult to clean.
It can't handle pressure at all when making a shot. It builds up then spits steam out around the handle shooting coffee grounds into your cup. Tastes terrible even with freshly ground beans. Would definitely not recommend!

BrevilleBreville

Hi Tom - one of our coffee specialists may be able to assist with your issues - 1300 139 798. Thanks the Breville team

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

No Crema

Just bought this yesterday after my beloved Krups machine died and I'm so disappointed with it, so far I have made about 10 cups of coffee using different baskets, different tampering etc etc and still no Crema, coffee tastes burnt and bitter and leaves a horrible taste in my mouth for hours :-( Not happy!!

no crema!

The same issue applies for me - no crema. My crappy old delongi is better. Otherwise the machine is good but really, if it cannot produce a good shot of coffee then the rest doesn't count for much does it. Disappointed with the product. I have a breville grinder and other kitchen gear, so was hoping this one would fit in with the family stable but it seems i will have to shop elsewhere.

tom d.Breville
chris
chris

Thanks Breville, I now have crema by using double wall filter basket. Your instructions clearly say to use the single wall filter if grinding your own beans so I think you need to review your instruction material.

Phil M.Breville

Hi Chris, I'd recommend you invest in some quality, freshly roasted coffee with a "roasted on" date on the bag, then follow our instructions, you'll be surprised at the difference, better than most Cafes you've ever been to. ^PM

Connie
ConnieBrisbane

There is no crema!

My old Sunbeam Café Crema II couldn't function anymore so we decided to get a new Breville BES810 DUO Temp. The first cup of coffee was so disappointing with no crema at all so I looked up the internet and Youtube to check whether I had correctly following instructions. There seems I had done correctly but the coffee I made are still very disappointing with very little crema and is probably worse than the cheap Sunbeam Café Crema II! I am going to return it and exchange for one that can make good coffee.

Ashley
AshleyAdelaide

Where's the Crema?

The Duo-Temp Pro is a nice looking machine however the coffee it produces is poor. It's necessary to use an ultra fine grind (can't use supermarket pre-ground coffee) and only then will it produce a minimal amount of crema with the two cup filter. Forget about trying to get a good crema with the single cup filter as it's near impossible.

My very old and lower spec Breville Café Roma makes a better coffee than what this machine does...this is disappointing. I will be looking for a different machine to replace the Duo-Temp Pro.

BrevilleBreville

Hi Ashley, please contact Breville 1300 139 798 to discuss. This really is a great machine and I am sure we can help you get results.

Thanks, The Breville Team
^TD

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

See all Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS reviews

Tammy-Leah S.asked

My machine seems to have steam and water droplets escaping fron around the hex attachment at the top of the steam wand. It is tight, how do I fix this please Thanks

Allieb44
Allieb44asked

I have just bought this. I can not seem to get a good strong coffee from it. It just seems really watery and very weak. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong please?

Nipun L.
Nipun L.

depending on which basket you use, you will want to use a certain amount of ground coffee. the duo temp pro comes with an 18g basket and i believe a 12g. In my opinion i would say go for the 18g. make sure u coffee is ground fine enough but not so fine you get only a few drops out. you want to aim for a 36g pull during 27-30 seconds. if you are using pre-ground coffee use the pressurised "dual wall" basket. keep in mind none of these variables are set in stone so feel free to play around with them. theres a playlist on youtube that i really recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTFsBqhpLes&list=PLxz0FjZMVOl15gHRbhcZSDvlgUV4vxnp9

Connie
Connieasked

Can I use generic cleaning powders to clean machine? Thanks

Tammy-Leah S.

Don't know about powders, but I put 2 litres of vinegar through it....I put the vinegar in, let it sit for about 2 hrs, then let 1/2 out through the coffee part and then the rest out through the milk nozzle. Then I repeat with about 2 full water containers. I've had mine forever

See all Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines