Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
guy.stevens.96
guy.stevens.96AU

Reliable machine but so-so coffee

My machine has been going strong for 4 years after a run of more expensive machines that died early, and I was thinking of buying one as a housewarming present for my daughter, but I have to admit the coffee is just not that great. Sometimes it does deliver a good cup with lots of crema, but despite having two boilers the water is often too hot and I get a thin watery coffee. Also the coffee can only be very lightly tamped or the pump just won’t push the water through, which is not ideal for good coffee. Regular cleaning of the baskets is essential. The frother is incredibly noisy, so I bought a Nespresso milk frother, and writing this I’ve now convinced myself to buy a different machine as a present to myself.

LTP
LTP

inconsistant performance

Got three of these throughout y family. The two stop fairly consistantly automatically before the mugs overflow despite only a inconsistant herb grinder being used, the third does not despite a propper corseness adjustable coffee conical burr grinder being used with this one ...phoned up breville about this and they insist this model does not have autostop feature.. go figure???think they need to test theur own products a bit better... furthermore, despite consistant grinding corseness, tamping and mug size, from the same pack of freshly ground coffee on the same day it overflows by varying amounts. the fancy a lucky draw?... buy a breville!

Purchased in September 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $250.00.

BenMiles
BenMilesGippsland, VIC

A laborious process for an 'ok at best' cup of coffee.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Kitty
KittyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DISAPPOINTED

I bought this coffee machine last march. I’m the only coffee drinker in my house so not used a lot. While it does make a great coffee i would have expected the pump to last longer than 17 months. Can’t use it now as it wont work. Super annoyed

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $330.00.

Grunta
GruntaShoalhaven

OK, but nothing special

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Titi
Titi

Nothing fantastic it depends on the coffee beans not the machine

Nothing fantastic . It stopped working after 2 mnths luckily I got my money back by taking it back to the store . Unluckily for me I did not
Not even purchase any extra warranty .its always better to buy such things from jbi hifi / Harvey Norman etc as one can buy extra warranty

Date PurchasedMay 2018
WSKM
WSKMSydney, NSW

perfect machine

it is easy to use. this machine makes you like a real barista. The only down side, you have to do maintenance and the kit is not that cheap. I am really impressed with life of the machine. They are really good quality workmanship which reflected to the price that you paid.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Tom
TomVictoria

Has a major flaw in the design

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Charles
CharlesMelbourne

Not up to its ancestry

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

johnnyk
johnnyk

Not as good a past machines

This unit replaced my old Breville 800 Class Espresso which I owned without any problem for about 6 years till it finally broke down took it in for repairs was told not viable so of to buy another Breville.
Well, this Duo Temp pro cant hold a mirror to my old one, while it works ok the coffee creme is no way near as good nor the flavor close, so disappointed.
Will be selling it off I think.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Lisa
LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Breville customer service awful

Date PurchasedJune 2017
LaurieD
LaurieDUmina Beach

Good machine

A good little coffee machine that makes a lovely cup of coffee. It seems to use less coffee than my old machine (Lumina, Aldi). Cleaning the drip trays is a bit of a pain, and the milk frother is messy. A nice compact design, fits well in my small kitchen.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Tammy-Leah S.asked

My machine seems to have steam and water droplets escaping fron around the hex attachment at the top of the steam wand. It is tight, how do I fix this please Thanks

Allieb44
Allieb44asked

I have just bought this. I can not seem to get a good strong coffee from it. It just seems really watery and very weak. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong please?

Nipun L.
Nipun L.

depending on which basket you use, you will want to use a certain amount of ground coffee. the duo temp pro comes with an 18g basket and i believe a 12g. In my opinion i would say go for the 18g. make sure u coffee is ground fine enough but not so fine you get only a few drops out. you want to aim for a 36g pull during 27-30 seconds. if you are using pre-ground coffee use the pressurised "dual wall" basket. keep in mind none of these variables are set in stone so feel free to play around with them. theres a playlist on youtube that i really recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTFsBqhpLes&list=PLxz0FjZMVOl15gHRbhcZSDvlgUV4vxnp9

Connie
Connieasked

Can I use generic cleaning powders to clean machine? Thanks

Tammy-Leah S.

Don't know about powders, but I put 2 litres of vinegar through it....I put the vinegar in, let it sit for about 2 hrs, then let 1/2 out through the coffee part and then the rest out through the milk nozzle. Then I repeat with about 2 full water containers. I've had mine forever

See all Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines