Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS

• Milk Frothing
Nickeysixx
NickeysixxCentral, SA

Great home coffee machine

I've had this machine since Mother's Day and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It's incredibly easy to set up, use & clean.
The milk steamer does output a bit of water before steaming but that's easily avoided by letting it run for a few seconds over the tray.

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W.

J Ferguson
J FergusonNSW, 2207

Very Capable Machine

Im not a coffee snob.

But i like what i like.

This machine makes a good cup of coffee. Its easy to use, fast and easy to clean up. We like it.

Purchased in April 2020.

Nat
Nat

Great value for entry level coffee machine

I have been wanting to get a coffee machine at home. So because of the lockdown now, I get this one from BigW. This coffee machine is so affordable and do its job so great. Although there is no pressure meter on the machine and not programmable, I can still get good coffee from this machine everyday.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W Online Store for $329.00.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

AngusGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Die for a cup!

Do you like coffee? The Breville Duo-temp Pro has been on my kitchen bench for about a month now. It replaced a slightly larger Breville machine which was a hand-me-down which gave years of good coffee for both the original owner and for myself. Pros: smaller footprint than the previous machine. Comes with better accessories than previous machine. Makes great coffee. Cons: smaller water tank than previous machine. Machine does move when attaching the handle as it is a bit on the light side. Overall I am very satisfied with this machine.

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W for $250.00.

Angus

Just as a follow up to this review the machine has performed flawlessly for the past six months. It has already paid for itself.

Peter
Peter

An easy-to-operate Espresso Machine

Purchased in February 2019 at Amazon for $299.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Joel
JoelBrisbane

Love it!

Even though it’s only small, it seriously makes great coffee. I have had Nespresso for years and decided to make the change a few months ago, and I am so glad that I did. It makes cafe quality coffee and is so easy to use. Of course it also depends on the coffee you buy and the grind as well.

I recommend buying a thermometer for the milk as I burnt it a few times (can tolerate the heat in my hands) and I don’t think you need to hold the milk jug on an angle as it suggests

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Donster
DonsterGlen Waverly

Really Delicious Cofee

I love this machine. It keeps it simple and concentrates on decent pressure and ergonomic design. I can to the process in my sleep of loading up the coffee now and dialing it in just right. I get perfect results almost every time (some user error lol) . I am more than satisfied with this, I am delighted and hope it keeps running for many years.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Rob
RobAU

A good coffee machine at a great price

I've been using this coffee machine near daily for about 3 months. It's proved to be very easy to use and hassle-free. It doesn't have the features that more expensive coffee machines have like being able to grind beans, but it's a very acceptable machine at its price point. It takes around 5 minutes from starting up the machine to having your coffee and having it cleaned - very happy with it so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Pete
PeteBrisbane

Easy to use coffee machine

I purchased this machine along with a Breville grinder and after finding the right settings for the grinder, I can honestly say it makes an excellent cup of coffee. The machine warms up quickly, is so simple to use and makes a consistently great cup. My only gripe is the size of the tray as it can fill up with water quite quickly and then start to overflow.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Queli
QueliAU

Great

It’s easy to use if you have a basic understanding of making barista style coffee and milk frothing
Comes with everything you need except the coffee haha
Which is perfect because you get to choose any which one and all that you like! From organic to Swiss filtered decaf

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Kels1992
Kels1992east ballina

makes a great cuppa and silky milk

cannot fault , Only way you get a bad coffee is if you dont run water through the coffee terminal before using each time , frother makes silky milk easy to clean and compact. If you know how to use a coffee machine properly you can't go wrong every time!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Tamara
TamaraPerth

Great product

Never used to drink coffee regularly but after buying this for my hubby now cant go without my morning coffee taste so good and is super quick and easy to make/&clean. :)
Comes with little cleaning tools so milk build up is never an issue. Have not had any problems with this machine :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
iltby
iltby

Great value machine

This was a downgrade for me since moving away from a housemate that had the next model up so I do miss the built-in grinder and slightly sturdier feel, but this machine nonetheless makes very good coffee and is easy to use. It doesn't take up too much bench space and is very intuitive.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Matt S
Matt SHobart

If you know your coffee and know how to make coffee -this is the perfect machine!

This machine is basic, yet powerful and ideal for the person who knows their way around a manual coffee machine.
There is nothing complicated, just need to know your grinds and measurements. It is not as simple as a capsule machine, but not much more complicated.

Very easy to clean
Pumps out quality coffee all the time

Very impressed with this product,
Ideal for a espresso drinker

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Sana
SanaMelbourne

Good coffees with a little practice

Making a good coffee with this machine needs some practice, however the machine is easy to use and easy to clean. All the parts are good quality and machine has very low maintenance costs. Overally I'm happy with it and am using it everyday in the mornings if I have time to make coffee. It takes me about 8 minutes to prepare the coffee.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

See all Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS reviews

Tammy-Leah S.asked

My machine seems to have steam and water droplets escaping fron around the hex attachment at the top of the steam wand. It is tight, how do I fix this please Thanks

Allieb44
Allieb44asked

I have just bought this. I can not seem to get a good strong coffee from it. It just seems really watery and very weak. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong please?

Nipun L.
Nipun L.

depending on which basket you use, you will want to use a certain amount of ground coffee. the duo temp pro comes with an 18g basket and i believe a 12g. In my opinion i would say go for the 18g. make sure u coffee is ground fine enough but not so fine you get only a few drops out. you want to aim for a 36g pull during 27-30 seconds. if you are using pre-ground coffee use the pressurised "dual wall" basket. keep in mind none of these variables are set in stone so feel free to play around with them. theres a playlist on youtube that i really recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTFsBqhpLes&list=PLxz0FjZMVOl15gHRbhcZSDvlgUV4vxnp9

Connie
Connieasked

Can I use generic cleaning powders to clean machine? Thanks

Tammy-Leah S.

Don't know about powders, but I put 2 litres of vinegar through it....I put the vinegar in, let it sit for about 2 hrs, then let 1/2 out through the coffee part and then the rest out through the milk nozzle. Then I repeat with about 2 full water containers. I've had mine forever

See all Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines