Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
RobinK
RobinK

Perfect!- As coffee transcends to hobby from habit

This machine is everything you'd hope for for a home coffee experience. Not only it pulls tasty espressos, it is incredibly easy to operate, clean and maintain- which can be a hassle otherwise.

For this price range, it stands head and shoulders above its competition and gets you comparable results compared to top-of-the-line commercial equipment.

The steam wand is relatively ok but a bit slow if you're making a few cappuccinos for your guests. It is also recommended that you preheat the machine to get consistent brewing temperature and consistent espressos.

Purchased in May 2019 at Breville for $429.00.

Sandy Lynch
Sandy Lynch

I love it!

This machine pours and steams at the correct temperature, it's just like having a professional dual boiler machine. It is super easy to use and easy to clean and maintain.

Purchased in May 2021 at Big W for $260.00.

Sam R
Sam RSouth East Queensland, QLD

6 years strong

Got this machine with the pack that came with the grinder 6 years ago and still makes a great coffee. We use nearly twice to three times a day x 2 people. I have thought about upgrading to an all in one machine to save bench space but I can't justify the extra cost and I don't want a pod machine. We find you can't tamp too much or it will struggle to get through, and we usually use the double shot filter, I find the single makes it too watery. Overall love the machine and would purchase again!

Purchased in August 2015 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Nickeysixx
NickeysixxCentral, SA

Great home coffee machine

I've had this machine since Mother's Day and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It's incredibly easy to set up, use & clean.
The milk steamer does output a bit of water before steaming but that's easily avoided by letting it run for a few seconds over the tray.

Purchased in May 2020 at Big W.

J Ferguson
J FergusonNSW, 2207

Very Capable Machine

Im not a coffee snob.

But i like what i like.

This machine makes a good cup of coffee. Its easy to use, fast and easy to clean up. We like it.

Purchased in April 2020.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Nat
Nat

Great value for entry level coffee machine

I have been wanting to get a coffee machine at home. So because of the lockdown now, I get this one from BigW. This coffee machine is so affordable and do its job so great. Although there is no pressure meter on the machine and not programmable, I can still get good coffee from this machine everyday.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W Online Store for $329.00.

Reeny
ReenyPerth, WA

Best coffee machine ever

Best buy. The coffee is always good, right taste, right temperature. Easy to clean and descale, and don't have to do it very often. Couldn't be happier with it. Combined it with a grinder as well.

Purchased in April 2018 for $1,000.00.

Mitch M
Mitch MMonash 2904, ACT

Great machine, doubly handy now we’re stuck in the house!

Have always wanted to get a coffee machine, and picked this up at a bargain price from Big W. It’s easy to use, makes great coffee consistently, and has paid for itself now we’re in isolation!

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W for $246.00.

AngusGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Die for a cup!

Do you like coffee? The Breville Duo-temp Pro has been on my kitchen bench for about a month now. It replaced a slightly larger Breville machine which was a hand-me-down which gave years of good coffee for both the original owner and for myself. Pros: smaller footprint than the previous machine. Comes with better accessories than previous machine. Makes great coffee. Cons: smaller water tank than previous machine. Machine does move when attaching the handle as it is a bit on the light side. Overall I am very satisfied with this machine.

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W for $250.00.

Angus

Just as a follow up to this review the machine has performed flawlessly for the past six months. It has already paid for itself.

Chaitali
ChaitaliSydney, NSW

4 yrs and going strong

So today I realised I have been using my coffee machine for about 4 years - it will be 4 yr anniversary in 2 days. And the reason I realised is because i need to replace the steam ring and was looking for the receipt to find out the exact model number. But considering the amount of use and abuse this machine has seen at my hands in the past 4 years, the fact that only the steam ring needs replacing and nothing else, is a testament to great quality already. Infact, it still makes amazing coffee, even with a busted steam ring. LOL. I have only one thing left to say I guess - for coffee machine, I am never looking outside Breville. I love this machine.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee Physical store for $340.00.

dingman65
dingman65South East Queensland, QLD

Extensively used and it is excellent!!!!

Very extensively used and produces Excellent coffee, very easy to use, excellent sized water tank !!!
Absolutely no need for anyone to spend big bucks on fancy machines as this is very good.

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W for $299.00.

Rebecca
RebeccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic!

This machine is great. Easy to use and delivers consistent results every time. Easy to maintain and clean. The coffee produced is great and always at a consistent temperature. The hot water outlet is a great feature. Very happy with this machine.

Purchased in July 2019 at Betta Home Living for $499.00.

Jeanie Bueller
Jeanie BuellerNew South Wales

Consistently good coffee for a reasonable price

The output of the machine depends on what I do. I can adjust it as needed, but I didnt pay thousands. I use this machine 3 or 4 times a week and it has been going strong for 2 years.

Purchased in December 2017 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

mr hacking
mr hackingSydney

Excellent Compact Espresso Machines

Bought the Duo Temp Pro 3 years ago replacing EM6910, it has been a excellent reliable machine since. The espresso extraction has been excellent and consistent. The milk steamer wand take a little practice to find the sweet spot, once mastered it is capable of texturing silky microfoam. Highly recommend this machine.

Purchased in September 2016 at The Good Guys.

Mel
MelSydney, NSW

Great tasting coffee

I am delighted I bought the Breville Duo Temp coffee machine. Online videos plus the helpful customer service staff sorted out all my queries. All the coffees I have made have a really rich and smooth taste. The temperature of the coffee is perfect, it doesn’t have the burnt taste that you get sometimes from coffee shops. The taste is consistent, just use the tamper to reduce the height of the powder to the required level and time the extraction. I have found thirty seconds to be perfect. A little bit noisy when the steamer wand begins to do its thing in the milk jug but that passes quickly. Very pleased I threw away my pod machine. I used to have one cup of coffee a day now I have two.

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $329.00.

Tammy-Leah S.asked

My machine seems to have steam and water droplets escaping fron around the hex attachment at the top of the steam wand. It is tight, how do I fix this please Thanks

Allieb44
Allieb44asked

I have just bought this. I can not seem to get a good strong coffee from it. It just seems really watery and very weak. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong please?

Nipun L.
Nipun L.

depending on which basket you use, you will want to use a certain amount of ground coffee. the duo temp pro comes with an 18g basket and i believe a 12g. In my opinion i would say go for the 18g. make sure u coffee is ground fine enough but not so fine you get only a few drops out. you want to aim for a 36g pull during 27-30 seconds. if you are using pre-ground coffee use the pressurised "dual wall" basket. keep in mind none of these variables are set in stone so feel free to play around with them. theres a playlist on youtube that i really recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTFsBqhpLes&list=PLxz0FjZMVOl15gHRbhcZSDvlgUV4vxnp9

Connie
Connieasked

Can I use generic cleaning powders to clean machine? Thanks

Tammy-Leah S.

Don't know about powders, but I put 2 litres of vinegar through it....I put the vinegar in, let it sit for about 2 hrs, then let 1/2 out through the coffee part and then the rest out through the milk nozzle. Then I repeat with about 2 full water containers. I've had mine forever

See all Breville Duo-Temp Pro BES810BSS questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines