Breville Infuser BES840BKS (Black Sesame)
Part of Breville Infuser BES840  3.8 (110)

Breville Infuser BES840BKS (Black Sesame)

VerifiedMPN:803387005

• Daily (2)
Noise Level
Consistency
Milk Frothing
See the Best Coffee Machines in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Breville Infuser BES840 › BES840BKS (Black Sesame)6 reviews
darfvader
darfvaderVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC11 posts
Noise Level
Consistency
beachshack
beachshackNSWNorthern Region, NSW18 posts
  Verified BES840BKS

Steam/ hot water control so tight it’s nearly impossible to turn

Bought 2 months ago, steam control knob was tight but we thought may loosen with use. Very difficult to turn knob, I need two hands, it’s ridiculous. Machine actually makes reasonable coffee with decent crema despite its dinky plasticky appearance but today we have tried complaining to Breville, no response. DJs finally got back to us, told us they would send it away but it could to up to 10 weeks to repair! Not good enough Breville. A lot of money to pay for poor service. From 2 disgruntled age pensioners. Show details
Mark R.
Mark R.NSWIllawarra, NSW4 posts
  BES840BKS

Very poor machine , with the new set up

I have been told by Breville my new BES 840 is programmed to go into standby mode after 13 minutes then it will completely shut down after 25 minutes, thus making it nearly impossible to warm it up and keep it that way for any longer than 15 minutes. Toatally useless to me , very disappointed with this new set up.  Show details
Anna Legrouf
Anna LegroufAuckland3 posts
  BES840BKS

Good machine, but has some issues

The coffee machine isn't all bad, but from our old breville to this new one we have lost water tank capacity, drip tray space and it requires special cleaning tablets every other month. The drip tray fills very quickly and so needs to be emptied far more often. The coffee is still good, and it makes good creama, but the tank capacities are a lot smaller than they used to be.

Show details

Jamr
Jamr4 posts

No pre infusion registering

Can't get a good coffee because the pre infusion process doesn't appear to be happening at all. Then no matter what grind etc there is no reading on the dial above pre infusion during extraction?. No instructions on this in the manual supplied with the machine. Have used half kilo of coffee trying to get a result

Show details

Breville
Breville   DM

Hi Jamr - please contact a coffee specialist in our consumer support team - 1300 139 798 - and they can troubleshoot with you. Thanks, the Breville team

unpc
unpcAuckland11 posts

good job

I have had this for two years. It is compact and looks smart. The water capacity is a bit limited at 1.8 l but that does about 5 cups so a daily top up covers it. The water is also used to cool the boiler so some goes to the waste tray which needs to be dealt with promptly once it shows it is filling. The coffee seems fine but comparisons perhaps depend on blend etc.

One of the switches used to make a burring noise and as I expected after 2 years a valve needed replacement. Overall happy with it particularly with the matching grinder.

Mark R.
Mark R. · Infuser BES840BKS (Black Sesame)

Hi my new bes840 goes into stanby mode in under 15minutes and then switches off completely in another 15 minutes. This is my 2nd 840 the last one never did this so quickly. It can't be right I switch it on to warm it up half hour later it is off . Can I adjust this ? I have done a factory reset , still this same ,the machine is 3 days old !

Luke Longworth
Luke Longworth · Infuser BES840BKS (Black Sesame)

The pump on my machine does not stop. I received the machine secondhand as a gift about 4 months ago and today when the machine was switched on at the wall, the motor/pump sound started immediately without me hitting the on button and water flowed through the machine and was immediately deposited hot into the drip tray. The machine doesn't seem to care about whether it is on or off, only if power is flowing through it. Any ideas?

themonkey
themonkey

The main control board is faulty and cannot be economically replaced

Randy
Randy · Infuser BES840BKS (Black Sesame)

Hi. I recently bought a Breville Infuser. I started using it and noticed that my pressure guage doesn't move. I used a bathroom scale to see the tamping pressure and it 30 lbs and over. I bought a bag of espresso roast from Starbucks and had them grind it for me. I use the unpressurized basket and it doesn't move. I use the pressurized basket and it barely moves. Any thoughts?

Steve
Steve

if the coffee runs through in about 30 seconds, and it looks and tastes OK with decent crema, I'd suggest the gauge is broken. If it's still under warranty can you get the shop to take a look?

jazzi
jazzi

Compare all Breville Infuser BES840 listings
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $749$749$749
Pump Pressure15 bar15 bar15 bar
Input Power1,700 W1,700 W1,700 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNoNoNo
Dimensions 334 x 312 x 257 mm334 x 312 x 257 mm334 x 312 x 257 mm
Weight7.9 kg7.9 kg7.9 kg
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNoneNoneNone
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack SesameBrushed Stainless SteelCranberry