Breville BCG820 (Grinder)

MPNs: 35904073 and BCG820BSS

4.4

Nat

Nat

Best value for a coffee grinder

Had been using a cheap grinder for coffee for 2 weeks. Always get inconsistent in grind size and poor extraction. So decided to get one of this grinder after research. So after using this grinder, my extraction is way more crema on top and tastes a lot better! Best buy

Purchased in April 2020 at Bing Lee Online store for A$215.00.

Bassa

BassaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A Real Statement in Home Coffee Grinders

RoboCook

RoboCookMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent value for Money

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Breville BCG820 (Grinder) compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

jb4105

jb4105Downer 2602, ACT

Dail your coffee grind

I bought an 820 and used it only for a week and the grinder failed. Breville replaced it without a problem and the second one has been grinding away for a month or two and I really like it. It has its own timer so you don't have to stand with your finger on the button while it grinds. I like the different settings for the grade of grind. I do find some ground coffee under the container when I use it but not a major problem. I haven't used the single or double grind feature. As I often have a second cup during the day I always use the container

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$195.00.

Yili Zhu

Yili ZhuCoombs 2611, ACT

Excellent design

It offers settings for volume and fineness of coffee powder. The digital display is useful. The automatic start function is quite handy. The user interface is excellent. I bought it to replace my old Delonghi grinder that can’t make fine powder anymore. It is a pleasant surprise that the coffee is markedly better with this grinder.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for A$190.00.

Eric W.

Eric W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Very good grinder

Nice small grinder, and best of all the brands, grind nice coffee, and fits perfectly with the coffee machine, and no regreting buying this one, especially during the sale, good price.

craigwreid1

craigwreid1Sydney, NSW

Clumpy grinds - awful grinder

Bought the dynamic duo and spent about a week trying to get a decent grind out of this grinder. The clumping and channeling the grinder caused was appalling. So much so I took the grinder back (particularly as it was making strange noises). I got another which wasn’t much better which I sold on eBay in disgust! My 9 year old sunbeam grinder out performed this every time. Now happy with a proper grinder (macap).

Purchased in February 2018.

moose

moosete awamutu

A Perfect Grinder

Purchased together with a BES840...this grinds the beans perfectly, & the BES pours the perfect cup.
    It is extremely simple to operate, takes up minimal real estate, looks good and is easy to clean.
    The ease with which one can alter both the dose and the grind is a major point.
    Breville did a fantastic job with this machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
    Lilly Arnold

Lilly ArnoldAustralia, Darwin

What a great combo package!

Most of the time when buying a coffee machine you only get the coffee maker itself and have to buy a grinder. The grinder with the coffee machine is optional but it's available with or without. I recommend getting it as it dose a great job saving time having to get a blender out

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Justin

JustinMelbourne

Great grinder but be careful

Great grinder, extremely easy to clean. However, it does take time to master the skill of knowing the exact coarse or fine levels for the coffee. Every coffee is different so do not get angry when your coffee is running too fast. The coffee machine used is also Breville and it is also brilliant. Makes me feel like I have a cafe at home.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
    Glen S

Glen STownsville

So easy

This coffee grinder is so easy to use. Easy to read display. Good instruction book, with table setting out grind settings for different brewing methods, i.e. Espresso, percolator, plunger, etc. Can grind direct to coffee filter basket or supplied container. Jagged it on special at Myers and couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
    Sarah

SarahMargate

Awesome grinder

I've had this grounder now for a year and I love it. It grinds both very finely and very coarse - so it's great for whichever coffee you prefer really. It doesn't make a lot of noise and it grinds the coffee quick. Highly recommended - I couldn't live without it now.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Tommy

Tommy

Great workhorse

The digital settings are easy to use, I normally use it for pourover and aeropress but produces fine enough coffee for espresso and cleaning is real easy. It even has ability to tighten the burrs if they loosen to produce finer grind. Good entry level grinder without hurting the pocket.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
    Millie smarl

Millie smarlDarwin

Great for all types of coffee beans

We bought this to use along side with out coffee machine as we love fresh ground coffee and this small device is a great addition and grinds beans down to almost perfect shaves of coffee and ample to use. The samples that came with it was also good to try but ran out super fast!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
    Katen

KatenNSW

Great!

This is a really good coffee machine, the 3 star review is because it doesn’t leave room for large cups to be put under it.
    Also the grinder is very very noisy at 3 am in the morning. But that’s probably as I am the only 9ne up at that time.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Ozbaker

OzbakerSouth Australia, Australia

Dependable and consistent results.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
    Small B

Small B

Love this machine.

Love the taste of the coffee.Love the perfect grind every time.
    We had it as a pack with the coffee machine and we are still having great coffees after 5 yrs.
    We have the red machine. Easy to use, Easy to clean and perfect coffee everytime.
    Ongoing maintenance is is minimal.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
    Jessica S

Jessica SAU

Great coffee

Makes great fresh coffee and does not take too long. It is nice and quiet so doesn’t wake everyone up I first thing in the morning. It is fairly easy to clean as long as you clean it more or less straight away. I would not recommend leaving it until the end of the day.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    Rowan

RowanBalgowlah, NSW

Very happy with this grinder

I was looking for a machine to make decent coffee at home because I was sick of the awful taste of Nespresso. Initially I purchased this grinder after reading reviews on this website and used an AeroPress.

The grinder is as good as the reviews suggest and has performed well over the past year I have owned it.

6 months after purchasing I happened to come across the Sunbeam EM700 coffee machine on sale and online reviews were very positive so I took the plunge.

This Breville grinder paired with the above mentioned coffee machine and some good quality coffee beans from my local cafe, this makes a fantastic cup of coffee!

Date PurchasedApr 2017