Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820

Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820 (page 6 of 8)

BES920 (Dual Boiler), BCG820 (Grinder)

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Fatming
FatmingAdelaide

Excellent coffee machine

Great coffee machine. Automatic start function is great so that the machine is ready to fire as soon as I get up in the morning. The steam wand is very powerful and has the ability to froth milk in about 40 seconds. The only negative is that the single cup filter is slightly too small for my liking.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
sealegs
sealegsbunbury

You can count on the perfect grind!

Picked this up on clearance for a great price. The unit itself is quite bulky and takes up a fair amount of bench space but it does the job perfectly. Good adjustable grind settings - espresso and plunger style work well - and easy to clean. Sometimes there is a delay between turning on and the LED light coming on but otherwise it's reliable.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Will
WillAustralia

Awesome coffee machine

This is a great machine. After using a lower model Sunbeam for the past few years, I upgraded to the Breville Dual Boiler and boy am I impressed. It makes great tasting coffee as long as you maintain the Group Head and machine regularly. The steam wand is strong and makes steaming milk a breeze. Careful as it gets insanely hot though. It takes a while to heat up when first switched on too, so be sure to switch it on a couple of mins before use. Highly recommend for cafe quality coffee at home. It's not the cheapest however, and so you would expect such results. It doesn't disappoint.

Appliances

Find out how Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820 compares to other Appliances

Brian12
Brian12AU

Great espresso machine!

l love my morning coffee, and this machine never lets me down. The double boiler consumes a fair amount of bench space, however my 920 has definitely earned it's place in our kitchen! Highly recommended for anyone who appreciates good coffee and doesn't mind a little bit of a learning curve. If you love pod machines this is probably not for you.

Gabriel Sai
Gabriel SaiNSW, 2031

Great coffee machine!

Got it during the EOFY sales where its on clearance as I understand that the model will be discontinued. Despite it, this is still a great coffee machine that produces great coffee!

It has separate boilers for the steamer and the coffee and it's easy to use. Haven't encountered any issues as yet but it works great with the accompanied smart grinder.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Lesh
LeshBowral

Can't live without

I love this machine...I had a sunbeam one that was highly recommended but I really hated it so after researching for a entry level coffee machine I came across this.
I have had the machine and the grinder for over 2 years and really can't live without it...I would recommend this to anyone who wants something to make easy and amazing coffee at home

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Jeff
Jeff

So far - VERY good!

A great little machine. Dual boiler so instant milk frothing. Great espresso result and very easy to use once you get over the setup! Separate grinder. Much Cheaper version of Oracle but just as good although its all manual - which I love! Lots of options, grind, temp, water etc. Hope it holds up to constant use!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Allan
AllanPerth, WA

Great coffee

We've had our Breville BES920 espresso machine for 3 years when it broke down. We took out an extended warranty when we purchased it and are replacing it with a new one. My wife suggested upgrading to a 'better' one, but we've been really happy with the quality of the espressos and Cappuccinos, so can't see any real benefit. It's easy to setup and use, and cleaning is a breeze.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
rae
raeWollongong

Great coffee and steamer.

Very happy with the service and double boiler as our previous machine only had one! Glad I got this model before Breville added the grinder into the machine. I use my professional grinder allowing for adjustment for a perfect grind. Easy to use and clean. Reviews said the steamer was not good but I get excellent dry steam resulting in smooth milk. Shame it is discontinued so hope this one lasts a very long time.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

bad_robot
bad_robotbirtina

Breville Coffee Grinder Pro improves coffee flavor

Sally
SallyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome for 6 months

Adjustable grind and amount consistently. Very easy to use and clean. Seems good quality. Nothing broken on it with 8 cups per day usage. Great instructions. Bit noisy but they all are.

BrevilleBreville

Thank you for your comments Sally.

TonkleChicken
TonkleChickenNunawading

Excellent coffee so far

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Facemaker01
Facemaker01Adelaide

Coffee Addict's Domestic Dream Machine!

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Hi Facemaker01 - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

This grinder brought life to my espresso maker

Date PurchasedAug 2016
PeteS
PeteSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I've had this grinder for a couple of months now and have to say I love it. Grind either straight to the portafilter or into the storage container supplied. I have it set on 17 for the perfect grind size for my Gaggia Classic. Great combination for the perfect espresso. I looked at more expensive Italian brands but have to say that this machine is great value. The small footprint suits our bench space and doesn't wake the house when I push the start button at 5am!! I highly recommend this grinder. I've read some longevity negatives about the last model and will update this review should the need arise. So far no issues.

Hi Pete S - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

See all Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820 reviews

Ken
Kenasked
BES920 (Dual Boiler)

I have a BSS920 about 3 years old and am having a problem with descaling. Have descaled previously with no problems.
Following the manual instructions I empty the boilers and next step is to begin Descale, press 1 cup button to begin to descale and figures 20 (for seconds) show in screen) and press 1cup button. However nothing appears in the screen and nothing happens.
Anyone have a solution?

Reviewer R.

Breville should have a solution

Paul L
Paul Lasked
BES920 (Dual Boiler)

I complete a descale on my BES920 and the Descale Message remains on. Has been occuring for last 18 months or so. I descale every 2 to 3 months but no change

Richo
Richo

Hey Paul, apologies if you've tried this but maybe reset your hardness setting. With machine off, hold down 1 cup button and turn on. reset should appear on display, hit menu to select and then set your hardness.

Steve B.
Steve B.asked
BES920 (Dual Boiler)

Machine only heating to 72° then hovers around that temperature, have checked that the setting is still at 93° , tried unplugging for 60 minutes (as says somewhere in manual) .
Obviously can’t make a coffee at this temperature.

Any ideas please?

See similar complaint below

See all Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820

Compare both Breville Dual Boiler with Smart Grinder BES920 / BCG820
CategoryAppliances and Coffee Grinders / RoastersAppliances and Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Pump Pressure15bar